Windows 10: Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?

Discus and support Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, After an upgrade to Windows 10, the accounts from Outlook were added to the Mail App. I don't want to use the Mail App and even though I set... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by asdfffdsa, Mar 17, 2017.

1. asdfffdsa Win User

Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?

Hello,

After an upgrade to Windows 10, the accounts from Outlook were added to the Mail App. I don't want to use the Mail App and even though I set notifications to off Windows keeps bugging me about the Mail App. Thus I want to delete these accounts from the Mail App.

However, does deleting these accounts from the Mail App also delete them from the Outlook program as well?

:)

asdfffdsa, Mar 17, 2017
  2. TankBYU Win User

Does removing an app from a child account remove it for everyone?

Does removing an app from a child account remove it for everyone? If I want to remove Firefox from a child account and I uninstall while logged in as the child, it prompts for parent login. Does that mean it will remove it for everyone / all accounts?

TankBYU, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 17, 2017
  4. kipper Win User

Nope......just did it here to test it out for you.....and welcome to the forums...

kipper, Mar 17, 2017
  5. asdfffdsa Win User
    Thank you. I just tried this on my end as well and can confirm it does not delete the accounts from Outlook. I didn't want to mess up my other accounts but I should have known to just try adding a test account. Thanks again

asdfffdsa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook? - Similar Threads - Does removing account

2. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  3. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  4. How to remove an account from MAIL?

How to remove an account from MAIL?: I have an outlook account which I treat as my Microsoft account and a gmail account for general uses. I wanted to use mail as an app that gives me all details about the outlook account. I don't really know why, I linked my gmail account to it too. Now my gmail account gets...
  5. Outlook _ need to remove :Saved" from my outlook mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook _ need to remove :Saved" from my outlook mail: [ATTACH] I need to remove "Saved" since I had created other Saved just below to accommodate my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-need-to-remove-saved-from-my-outlook-mail/8b4512c2-3c06-4a59-a405-18915b4d1ffd
  6. Issues while removing Yahoo account from Mail app

Issues while removing Yahoo account from Mail app: unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens when managing accounts for this particular email account. I uninstalled the mail app and then reinstalled. Opened mail app and all accounts showed up again. I need help here please....
  7. Remove an alias email account from outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove an alias email account from outlook.: I had an old email address which had been superseded when the ISP was taken over, and the address became an alias. I had some unwelcome spam on it so I had the ISP delete the address, however it still appears on the outlook screen. I am running Win 10, and MS Office 2010...
  8. Remove outlook mail from other site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove outlook mail from other site: Hello, I signed up on a gaming site with my outlook mail. But I don't feel safe. So I want to remove my outlook mail from that site. How can I do it? Thanks, Younoch...
  9. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...
  10. Remove Apps from My Account

Remove Apps from My Account: Is there a way to remove Windows apps from my account? Just like what you can do from Google Playstore? TIA. 54835