Windows 10: does samsung magician show ahci disabled with signed driver error on

Discus and support does samsung magician show ahci disabled with signed driver error on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 version 1607 after clean install ? Samsung magician 4.9.7 62398 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yafatana, Sep 1, 2016.

1. yafatana Win User

does samsung magician show ahci disabled with signed driver error on

windows 10 version 1607
    after clean install ?
    Samsung magician 4.9.7

:)

yafatana, Sep 1, 2016

2. How to Enable AHCI for SSD in Windows 10.

AHCI mode looks enabled on Bios, but disabled on Samsung Magician. Also read and write values looks correct. What gives? Is it a bug on Samsung Magician?

TırtoBrass, Sep 1, 2016
  3. How to Enable AHCI for SSD in Windows 10.

Original title: AHCI for SSD

I've installed a Samsung 850 Pro 512 gig SSD. The Samsung Magician is telling me " AHCI is disabled for one or more connected SSDs. System must boot in AHCI mode for best performance". How do I enable AHCI in Windows 10 Pro? Thanks in advance.

David Gregoroff, Sep 1, 2016
  4. aramil Win User

Does on mine, even though speccy etc all show it being on, must be a magician error.

aramil, Sep 2, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    Mine shows on. I have V4.7 Magician (shows as latest version).

does samsung magician show ahci disabled with signed driver error on [​IMG]

fireberd, Sep 2, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto Same here too.

OldMike65, Sep 2, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Same here:

Cliff S, Sep 2, 2016
  8. pbcopter Win User

Works for me too! Did you install the chip-set driver for your motherboard?

pbcopter, Sep 3, 2016
  9. ARC1020 Win User
    @fireberd @OldMike65 @Cliff S @pbcopter

Just to confirm, you have installed Samsung Magician 4.9.7, on a clean installation (not update) of Windows 10 1607 Anniversary Update (after 2 August 2016)?

ARC1020, Sep 3, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    No I did NOT clean install just for the Windows 10 Anniversary update. Saw no need too.

OldMike65, Sep 3, 2016
  11. ARC1020 Win User
    The OP's question refers to "after clean install".

In April 2015 Microsoft told everyone that all new Windows 10 Kernel mode drivers needed to be signed with an EV Code Signing Certificate and then submitted to the Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard portal to be signed in order for them to work.

This policy was enforced in the Anniversary Update starting with new installations of Windows 10, version 1607. Clean installations of Windows 10, version 1607 will not load any new kernel mode drivers which are not signed by the Dev Portal. I.E. If the OP is getting driver signing errors after a clean install, then Samsung likely haven't complied with the driver signing requirements (which they have known about for over a year).

Microsoft Driver Signing Requirement Changes:
    Driver Signing changes in Windows 10, version 1607 Windows Hardware Certification blog

ARC1020, Sep 3, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Good point(also not a clean install after AU)!

Cliff S, Sep 3, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

MS is also going to be coming out with more updates to fix some of the issues that the Anniversary update, has caused so many people. Already had 2 .....maybe 3, as I've lost count. More to come. *Smile

OldMike65, Sep 3, 2016
  14. ARC1020 Win User
    This isn't something for Microsoft to fix, but for Samsung to fix.

ARC1020, Sep 3, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Maybe try uninstalling Magician, turn of secure boot in BIOS, reinstall Magician, make sure it's working properly, then turn on secure boot again to see if he can get it to work that way? If not, then one needs to decide which is more important, a basically unneeded software(I only have it for firmware updates) or Rootkit protection.

Cliff S, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

1. does samsung magician show ahci disabled with signed driver error on - Similar Threads - does samsung magician

2. Samsung Magician shows SATA AHCI Deactivated. UEFI show the opposite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician shows SATA AHCI Deactivated. UEFI show the opposite: Hi, I have just done a new install of Windows 10 (20H2) build 19042.985. I have four NVMe SSD's , one SATA SSD and two SATA mechanical Hard Drives. My Motherboard is an Aorus Master X570. Its Users manual states that AHCI is its default. As you can see from the attachments,...
  3. Samsung Magician Does this Look Normal?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Samsung Magician Does this Look Normal?: Hello All Have a brand new Samsung 860 Evo 250gb for Desktop PC, hopefully all is normal, didn't turn on Over Provisioning yet, wasn't sure if i should or not, so left that alone for now, PC used almost 12-16 hours a day, then i sleep some, and wake up in the morning, PC...
  4. Samsung Magician

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician: So I have 3 machines (Win10 64-bit) and with Magician 5.3.0 installed. One machine has de OP space not located at the end. I can not seem to change this. See screenshots below. Is this a problem or doesn't it matter? Thanks. [img] [img] [img] 125949
  5. does samsung magician still not working ?

does samsung magician still not working ?: if you did a clean install of the latest windows 10 version Samsung magician will shot ahci disabled but if you just updated it will be ok I just want to khnow for people for did a clean install does magician still show ahci disabled or they fixed it ? 67258
  6. samsung magician need digitally signed driver

samsung magician need digitally signed driver: downloaded samsung magician and installed it. it started up and apparently i need some sort of digitally signed driver now? "program compatibility assistant" "samsung magician application resource samsung india software operations windows blocked installation of a...
  7. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: I just tested Defrag for SSD on 2 devices. Either the possible other processes we talked about are so fast that I could not see what else was going on or it only did a single TRIM command. Exactly as it should be. *Smile *Ditto and garbage collection controlled by the...
  8. Samsung Magician 4.95

Samsung Magician 4.95: Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task. 37873
  9. Samsung Magician 4.8

Samsung Magician 4.8: Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the...
  10. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img] http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** *Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets...