Windows 10: Does "Seans" SSD guide still work for Win10?

Discus and support Does "Seans" SSD guide still work for Win10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So when i had windows 7 i followed "Sean's Windows 7 Install & Optimization Guide for SSDs & HDDs" and then i upgraded to 10... are these setting still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by l3izz, Oct 13, 2015.

1. l3izz Win User

Does "Seans" SSD guide still work for Win10?

So when i had windows 7 i followed "Sean's Windows 7 Install & Optimization Guide for SSDs & HDDs" and then i upgraded to 10... are these setting still working for windows 10 or are they pointless now? in the next month or two I'm going to do a clean reinstall of 10 and wanted to know if someone came out with a better guide or is it pointless now.

:)

l3izz, Oct 13, 2015
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Oct 13, 2015
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. CountMike New Member

After SP1 in W7 more of a change is in SSDs themselves than in Windows. I stopped reading those SSD optimization guides couple of years ago, since SSDs got good enough to last very long time. Except for space saving tweaks and making sure SSD runs in AHCI mode (including proper controller drivers), there's absolutely no need for anything else. W10 is perfectly suited to maintaining SSDs all by itself.

CountMike, Oct 13, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Now a days you should not need to do anything to an SSD, just install and chill. If you use Samsung Magician though it does allow you to set an OP partition which I would recommend.

swarfega, Oct 13, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    Back in the Win 7 era there were times when you could connect a SSD drive and Windows would only see it as a normal hard disk (Windows detects SSD by reading the rotational speed of the disk, which for SSD is of course 'zero') and then you had to change several settings manually to be more compatible with SSD. These days Windows should detect an SSD drive straight away and make all the correct settings accordingly. The only time that you might need to make any manual changes now are if your SSD drive is of a small capacity and you need to change things around to accommodate it.

Kanata, Oct 13, 2015
  7. l3izz Win User
    So when i upgraded they all the setting i did went back to normal?

l3izz, Oct 20, 2015
  8. shimshom Win User

Sorry to butt in but it's related and is it still necessary in Win 10 to use utilities such as Intel Toolbox as per Intel recommendation or is it better to ignore Intel and let Windows take care of it

shimshom, Oct 20, 2015
  9. Kanata Win User
    An important element of SSD operation is the 'trim' function, which takes care of data deletions on the drive so that subsequent data writes are smoother. The Intel toolbox may be useful for pre-Win 7 OSs where trim was not available, or it may help current trim operations. There may be other functions that the toolbox provides, such as firmware updates and diagnostic tests. Check the Intel site for details, but I doubt there are any vital functions you would be missing by not installing it, though as it's there it may well be worth installing.

Kanata, Oct 20, 2015
  10. shimshom Win User
    Thanks Kanata. Intel recommends to run it once a week and enable or disable some services which can be done manually and every few months it releases a new version to update the firmware so overall I think win 10 can take care of the trim as good as Intel and no real need for it anymore apart from the firmware updates

shimshom, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does "Seans" SSD guide still work for Win10? - Similar Threads - Does Seans SSD

2. Login button does not work Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login button does not work Win10: I attempt to log into my PC and it boots up and shows my background and account info. However as soon as I click login the button shows "Welcome" for a split second before going to a default background and the login button becomes useless.I have attempted to boot into safe...
  3. Win10 does not start (after changing internal SSD)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win10 does not start (after changing internal SSD): Hello, I have a China tablet which has Windows 10 and an internal SSD. I replaced it with a bigger SSD (M2 S-ATA) but inside of BIOS it doesnt get recognized. (Yes, the China tablet also uses S-ATA, not Nvme) When I want to install Windows 10 (from USB disk, created with...
  4. Win10 nightlight still not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 nightlight still not working: so it seems for the past 3 windows updates, including this most recent one, 21H1, my nightlight function is still greyed out, and i have no clue why. :/ hell, even the registries for "$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate" and"...
  5. Win10 Timesync does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Timesync does not work: My computer does not sync the internet time anylonger. I´ve tried the recommended actions like changing the server, restart service "Windows Time" without success. Any suggestions what i can try more? Cheers Mikael...
  6. COM Port Does Not work on Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COM Port Does Not work on Win10: Com port does not work anymore and need it for work. Panasonic CF-20 Version 1909 Win 10 PRO build 18363.657 I have done everything I can think of. Update driver, uninstall, reinstall. Nothing works. Please help/fix. thank you...
  7. Does the Wordstar emulator work on Win10

Does the Wordstar emulator work on Win10: Does the WordStar emulator work on Win10 with the latest MSWord? I know. It's ancient. But I'm old. Many thanks. 136802
  8. Does RTLO method still work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does RTLO method still work?: While I was browsing the web, I was disturbed to find that extensions are not reliable way to determine whether a file is an executable. RTLO is used to fake extensions by writing part of the filename or other descriptions back to front. Although the detection by your AV...
  9. 1809 still does not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1809 still does not work: After Window10 upgrade to version 1809 I can sign in only with temporary profile. Windows recognize digital license. 2018-11 Cumulative upgrade did not help. I found a lot of files moved to C:\Users and they stay there. My outlook email does not work...
  10. does samsung magician still not working ?

does samsung magician still not working ?: if you did a clean install of the latest windows 10 version Samsung magician will shot ahci disabled but if you just updated it will be ok I just want to khnow for people for did a clean install does magician still show ahci disabled or they fixed it ? 67258