Windows 10: Does Server board(intel C612 chip) are suitable with Win10 Pro 64b OS?

Discus and support Does Server board(intel C612 chip) are suitable with Win10 Pro 64b OS? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sir/Madam, Recently, my system having an issue is when I cold boot my system will hang at BIOS post screen, if leave it system for one mins the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcwang999, May 3, 2017.

1. jcwang999 Win User

Does Server board(intel C612 chip) are suitable with Win10 Pro 64b OS?

Hi Sir/Madam,

Recently, my system having an issue is when I cold boot my system will hang at BIOS post screen, if leave it system for one mins the system will auto shutdown.

But, if i change Win10 to Enterprise version this issue will not occur again, I just wonder does the Win10 Pro maybe are not suitable with Server board/chipset, please help to confirm.

M/B model:
    Supermicro X10DRG-Q(BIOS:R2.0B / BMC:R3.45)

SW environment:
    1. 3HDDs plug into SSATA and build as RAID 5.
    2. Install OS is Win10_64bit(UEFI mode)

Repro step confirmed with customer side:
    1. Setup iSATA/SSATA RAID option ROM as EFI mode.
    2. Create RAID5 with Intel RAID utility inside the BIOS
    3. Install Win10 with UEFI mode using Win10 USB
    4. Boot into OS and shutdown system.
    5. Unplug power cable and discharge power.
    6. Power on system, then will occur the hang at BIOS post issue.

:)

jcwang999, May 3, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

I had Directx 11 on my Windows 7, and now on Windows 10 i have Directx E9x. How is that possible ? ANY HELP PLZ!!!!

Win7 reports DirectX differently than Win10.

In dxdiag > Display > Feature Levels

Win10 reports the highest level of DirectX your graphics processor supports.

Your machine has Intel(R) GMA 3100 graphics processor. This is an old on board graphics chip that

only supports DX9. This is a hardware limitation.

You would not have been able to run games on Win7 that were restricted to DX10 or DX11.

- If you open dxdiag again and look at the Display Tab > Feature Levels you will see the maximum DX

your GMA 3100 supports - "Feature Levels: 9.1"

- Any machine that has a graphics processor that does not support at least DX 11.0 is not really

suitable for Win10 if you want to use it for games.

Personally, you would be better off going back to Win7, as you will likely have on going issues with Win10.

BossDweeb, May 3, 2017
  3. Intel 82579V Network Adapter Not Working Since Windows 10 Clean Install

I've also had this problem with the P8Z68V board which has the same ethernet chip. It was working alright until one of the forced updates, same solution as here.

To be fair with ASUS, it's an Intel chip, they don't program chip drivers, so they can't fix them. They also didn't sell the board with full compatibility to Windows 10 as it didn't exist back then. Intel is the company to ask for some updated drivers.

Regards

Juan FranciscoMonachesi, May 3, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Thema:

1. Does Server board(intel C612 chip) are suitable with Win10 Pro 64b OS? - Similar Threads - Does Server board

2. Move Win10 pro OS to other computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Win10 pro OS to other computer: Hi, I purchased a windows 10 pro version and activated it on my current PC. I'm planning to bring this purchased OS to a new computer.Is it possible? and if there's any information / instruction on how to do it? Thanks...
  3. Epson Printer Issues, Win10 64b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Printer Issues, Win10 64b: I am having issues with locating my Epson Printer on my network. WF-3720 My desktop computer running Windows 10 64b is on a wired connection to the router, the Printer is setup in the wireless mode. All other devices on the network iPhones, Macbooks & other Win10 wireless...
  4. Windows10 Pro keys and Win10 OS costs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Pro keys and Win10 OS costs?: I'm looking for a fresh Win10 OS for a new PC built. I've seen keys for $30-$40 and packages for as high as $200 What's the difference here? I'm confused. submitted by /u/birkoph [link] [comments]...
  5. Intel Server Boards Firmware Advisory for security vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Server Boards Firmware Advisory for security vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00179 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel®...
  6. Intel Server Board Firmware Advisory for potential vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Server Board Firmware Advisory for potential vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00138 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® Server Board Family products may allow...
  7. Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory?

Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory?: I got some ECC memory sticks from a friend that he said he won't use anymore, alongside with two E5-2690 v2 and a dual socket motherboard from Supermicro. I just want to know if Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) works with ECC memory and server board, I don't need full...
  8. BMC Firmware Vulnerability Intel Server Boards, Compute Modules & Syst

in Windows 10 News
    BMC Firmware Vulnerability Intel Server Boards, Compute Modules & Syst: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00130 Product family: Intel Server Boards, Compute Modules and Systems Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service Severity rating: Important Original release: 07/10/2018 Last revised: 07/10/2018 Summary: BMC Firmware in Intel server boards, compute...
  9. New Intel chip function ..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Intel chip function ..?: Hi All . I just notice there is an app/or Intel drive call Wake-On-Voice in my laptop , But my Processor is Intel Broadwell core i5-5200u , not Skylake .. ?? I don't know how to set it up either . Any idea ..? Thanks . 51044
  10. Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help

Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help: Hello as Question title says. I'm having difficulty finding the drivers on the Intel website Support and Drivers menu. Drivers needed: Intel Chipset & Intel Management Engine Im using a Z170 motherboard with an I7 6700K. OS Windows 10 64Bit home edition. Any help...