Windows 10: Does System Drives Back up Include OneDrive Folder

Discus and support Does System Drives Back up Include OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I Keep Backup of my System Drives With Macrium. My OneDrive Folder is in Default place and size is 10 GB. If Backup also include this Folder, then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam9, Jun 18, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Does System Drives Back up Include OneDrive Folder

I Keep Backup of my System Drives With Macrium. My OneDrive Folder is in Default place and size is 10 GB. If Backup also include this Folder, then it means I am wasting time and space to unnecessary Backup this because I already have these files in cloud.

In this scenario, Is it not advisable to permanently move my OneDrive Folder to another Partition so that my Backup size will be small and will take less time.

Please guide.

:)

2. PwgAndE Win User

Backing Up OneDrive Folder with File History

I am backing two computers - a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 - to an external hard drive via File History. On each computer, the majority of our files are in a OneDrive folder, so I have included OneDrive on the list of folders to back
    up. On the desktop, all subfolders in the OneDrive folder back up just fine (Erika's Pictures, Erika's Music, Erika's Documents). On the laptop, Peter's Music and Peter's Documents back up, but Peter's Pictures does not. To get it to back up, I have to manually,
    separately, add it to the list of folders that File History includes. Obviously, this is easy enough to do, but I don't understand why it is happening or how to fix it. Any ideas? Thank you.

PwgAndE, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Windows "file history" feature

Hello Palmer,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

File History does not cover all the folders or entire drives. It helps to back up all default and custom Libraries (including Public Folders), plus Contacts, Desktop and Favorites folders. Your only way to include other folders in Windows 8 and 8.1
    is to create your own custom Libraries. Windows 10 allows adding folders to File History via the Modern UI/Metro user interface.

Furthermore, File History does not back up any files or folders that use EFS (Encrypting File System). You might want to use BitLocker or TrueCrypt's system drive encryption for added security.

In Windows 10, File History does not back up items in your OneDrive (aka SkyDrive) folder unless they are made available offline.

File History Service depends on Windows Search service, so the latter must be enabled and running for File History to function properly.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 18, 2016
  4. Tempus Win User

Can't you just specifically remove the OneDrive folder from the backup routine?

Tempus, Jun 18, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    That's what I have done.

Does System Drives Back up Include OneDrive Folder [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 18, 2016
  6. sam9 Win User
    I don't know whether Macrium free has this facility or not. I will have to find out.

7. sam9 Win User
    Thanks

sam9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does System Drives Back up Include OneDrive Folder - Similar Threads - Does System Drives

2. Back up does not copy Onedrive Documents folder to external hard drive even with local copy...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up does not copy Onedrive Documents folder to external hard drive even with local copy...: HiWhy does backup not copy the Onedrive documents folder to my external hard drive? It backs up Favourites, Downloads and other useless folders but will not back up my Onedrive documents folder which has all my important documents in! I have tried adding the folder to backup...
  3. Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive: Hello,I am using Windows 11 with two drives: one for the OS and software, the other for personal files. I also use OneDrive to store my files online. The OneDrive folder is on my second non-OS drive, and I have set it so all the files are also available locally.I want to...
  4. Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive: Hello,I am using Windows 11 with two drives: one for the OS and software, the other for personal files. I also use OneDrive to store my files online. The OneDrive folder is on my second non-OS drive, and I have set it so all the files are also available locally.I want to...
  5. Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive: I'm sorry, but OneDrive is NOT intuitive or friendly. I've searched the web for answers to this question but so far, nothing has been helpful. Microsoft REALLY isn't helpful with anything involving drives other than C:. Many people have additional drives to store data and...
  6. Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive

Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive: I'm sorry, but OneDrive is NOT intuitive or friendly. I've searched the web for answers to this question but so far, nothing has been helpful. Microsoft REALLY isn't helpful with anything involving drives other than C:. Many people have additional drives to store data and...
  7. What is included in Windows system image back up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is included in Windows system image back up?: I am accessing the backup function via the control panel. I have the lastest Windows 10 home edition and is fully updatedI see the following when i click on backup and restore window7when i then go into change settings, I see the following Does choosing 'Let windows choose'...
  8. What is included in Windows system image back up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is included in Windows system image back up?: I am accessing the backup function via the control panel. I have the lastest Windows 10 home edition and is fully updatedI see the following when i click on backup and restore window7when i then go into change settings, I see the following Does choosing 'Let windows choose'...
  9. What is included in Windows system image back up?

10. Backing up the OneDrive folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up the OneDrive folder...: Hello guys, I am trying to create a local backup for my OneDrive folder on my external hard drive. Here is the problem: My OneDrive folder is about 800 GB in size, but most of them are only placeholder files on my device online-only files for which a placeholder has been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file history onedrive encrypting file system