Windows 10: Does System Restore work better in 10?

Discus and support Does System Restore work better in 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Group, I am trying to decide if it is worth upgrading from 8.1. I have had trouble with the system restore function in 8.1. It does not make as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cburg, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cburg Win User

Does System Restore work better in 10?

Hi Group,
    I am trying to decide if it is worth upgrading from 8.1. I have had trouble with the system restore function in 8.1. It does not make as many restore points as in XP, is harder to access, and crashes. Has it been improved in 10?
    Thanks!
    Mike

:)

Cburg, Aug 30, 2015

2. System restore (restore point) does not work error 0x80070003

Still the same error.

Szymon Skworc, Aug 30, 2015
  3. System restore (restore point) does not work error 0x80070003

Hello Szymon,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, please send us the screenshot of the error message that you're getting.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform clean boot then try to perform system restore again. To perform clean boot, please follow these steps:

• From Start, search for msconfig.
    • Select System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click to select theHide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click OK, and then restart the computer.

Note: After the troubleshooting, boot your computer in normal mode by checking this link and
    look for How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Does System Restore work better in 10?

I've done at least five system restores, and they all worked perfect. I have no complaints at all.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 30, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    Do check it is turned on though. The default for many people (including me) was system protection is turned off which means you'll not get any restore points...

6. Also give it enough space for lots of restore points. I also do a manual restore point before I install anything I am not 100% sure about, like beta drivers.

alkaufmann, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Charlie Win User
    Mike Yes it is worth it to upgrade to 10 from 8.1 because its new software and free. If you need help doing that you can get that here, just ask*Biggrin

Charlie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does System Restore work better in 10?

1. Does System Restore work better in 10? - Similar Threads - Does System Restore

2. System Restore and Startup Repair does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore and Startup Repair does not work: When I try to boot from the usb flash drive and press Repair Your Computer from the menu, and I try to use Startup Repair, tells me it couldn't repair your PC with the Log File: D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.When I try System Restore, and I try to restore to...
  3. System Restore and Startup Repair does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore and Startup Repair does not work: When I try to boot from the usb flash drive and press Repair Your Computer from the menu, and I try to use Startup Repair, tells me it couldn't repair your PC with the Log File: D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.When I try System Restore, and I try to restore to...
  4. Is an "Image" Better Than System Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is an "Image" Better Than System Restore Point?: Im a non-tech basic user. lost bunch of usb's, other important stuff from some house troubles. I had written down how to "fix" things in case of a "crash", etc., but now it's gone, and I cant remember things. Is syst retore points okay, or is what's called an 'image or...
  5. Is an "Image" Better Than System Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is an "Image" Better Than System Restore Point?: Im a non-tech basic user. lost bunch of usb's, other important stuff from some house troubles. I had written down how to "fix" things in case of a "crash", etc., but now it's gone, and I cant remember things. Is syst retore points okay, or is what's called an 'image or...
  6. System Restore does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore does not work: [ATTACH] So, I keep getting this particular error message every time I try to do a system restore, how do I fix it? I tried using different restore points , but no solution obtained. Can someone help me out? Thanks!...
  7. Restore better or upgrated windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore better or upgrated windows 10: I want to go back and restore windows 10 with better drivers and hardware or programs if this is possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-better-or-upgrated-windows-10/a9463bdb-f079-46b0-b847-07e4a60e20f5
  8. Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?: Hello and good day, I have owned numerous computers over time. They have always been new computers except the last one which I got a good used laptop only a couple years old. In all the computers I have ever owned way back into the 1990s, Windows System Restore has never...
  9. System restore does not work Windows 10 1809 17763.253

in Windows 10 Customization
    System restore does not work Windows 10 1809 17763.253: Today after I got forced on me update to new build of Windows 10 1809 my backups stopped working and after trying to find out why I noticed, that something with System restore is corrupted. The app window starts with this error code: [ATTACH] and then hangs on the...
  10. how does system restore and shadow copy work on 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how does system restore and shadow copy work on 10?: Well, i have been using 10 for about 1 week now but why still no shadow copies? And i cannot find system restore. Where isit now? By the way isit safe to delete all files in softwaredistribution now like in previous window? 56045