Windows 10: Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

Discus and support Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (BIOS F16G) motherboard works fine in Windows 8.1 Pro in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode. Does this motherboard work in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve C, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

My Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (BIOS F16G) motherboard works fine in Windows 8.1 Pro in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode.

Does this motherboard work in Windows 10 in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode?

It's not on Gigabyte's compatibility list at http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/381/w10.html but the Windows 10 Compatibility Advisor states my PC is compatible with Windows 10.

:)

Steve C, Nov 4, 2015
  2. BenekSz Win User

HDD problem on Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Hello,

My computer: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770K, 16gb ram, radeon 7970ghz edition and 1terabyte HDD. I have 2 problems with my HDD on windows 10. After update to windows 10 The Disk usage went to 100% and stayed that way I disabled all
    the recommended services and that solved the problem but stays second problem, when I copy file on windows 7 the speed was 30-50mb now it's 200kb to 1,5mb, if I installing something on HDD cant open even my computer and all is slowing down. I've try to connect
    to other port don't help. Please give me some advice.

Thanks,

Ben

BenekSz, Nov 4, 2015
  3. BenekSz Win User
    HDD problem on Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Hello
    Kalpana,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try your suggestions hope it will help.

I bought SSD and reinstall windows 10, the second disk is my old HDD + Kalpana suggestions and now works ok.

Best Regards,

Benek

BenekSz, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

Well when going to look up the product page and selecting the "cpu, memory, and driver support" page it shows plenty of "10 drivers" available for that model board! GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.0)

The AMD board here is a bit older I would say and only sees upto 8.1 and yet 10 went on(after unplugging two storage drives that is) without a fuss locating and installing more then just board drivers but video, sound, nic cards, AVerTV tuner/video card discontinued some years back note while the app was substitute from a PCIe model for the PCI card apparently same chip.

With all that going for 10 I doubt you should have any problems! *Biggrin Just be sure to follow the latest Clean Install guide and save some fuss! That will save headaches on running into any upgrade from(7/SP1, 8, 8.1) necessity as well where you might run into a "Buggyness" with the upgrade as many have run into already. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

I suspect the 10 installer went with the 8.1 drivers for the board here as there wasn't any compatibility issues. For the sound card software and drivers however a trip to the Creative forums for the "Non official driver/app update" however did see the audio console launcher included.

Night Hawk, Nov 4, 2015
  5. Steve C Win User
    Thanks.

I spotted the Gigabyte Windows 10 drivers for my motherboard but Gigabyte Support told me the motherboard isn't supported in Windows 10 since it's not on their compatibility list.

I suspect it might work but I'm unsure whether secure boot will be supported.

I don't really want to do a clean install in view of the time taken to reinstall all applications.

Steve C, Nov 4, 2015
  6. One way to know is simply slapping on a fast install if you have a spare unused drive to plug in fast first unplugging the present 8.1 drive and any storage drive to see if 10 goes right on. If so you have the option of upgrade or replacement install on the present OS/host/boot drive. I would still make a full system image backup of the present 8.1 drive just in case you have to restore the drive if something fails and goes sideways on you which is far less likely with a good clean install but possible.

Make sure the media is good! Good blank dvd if optical or a good brand of flash drive! That will help insure the best results.

Night Hawk, Nov 4, 2015
  7. Steve C Win User
    I just updated my PC with the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard and Sapphire Toxic R9 280X graphics card to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro. there were no problems and all works fine in UEFI mode (no CSM support) with Secure Boot enabled.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

1. Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Does Gigabyte Z77X

2. Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT: I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on a 2TB HDD (MBR) in a PC with a GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Motherboard. Works fine until I add a GPT HDD then the system will not boot. If I add GPT HDDs once Windows is running there is no problem. However that is hardly ideal. Is there any way round this...
  3. can install windows 10 64bit on gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can install windows 10 64bit on gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+ this motherboard doesn't have drivers for windows 10 64bit...Its limited to windows 7 64bit only...So can install windows on this motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+?...
  4. Windows 10 x64 drivers for Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Mobo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 x64 drivers for Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Mobo: I'm trying to ensure i have the latest drivers for: -Intel INF installation (chipset) -Intel Management Engine Interface -BT Driver -WLAN Driver -BIOS. mobo has Z77 chipset. The manufacturer's website has some downloads but i think there are newer versions on the Intel...
  5. GIGABYTE GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 RESTART ON WINDOWS 10 WELCOME LOGO

GIGABYTE GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 RESTART ON WINDOWS 10 WELCOME LOGO: Hi Microsoft and Indipendent MS advisors I have PC as below configuration: =×=×=×=×= GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 Motherboard FX6300 Proccesor 6cores/ 6threads 8GB corsair ram 450w Genuine PSU 160GB crucial SSD for OS only 500GB Samsung HDD for Data only MY PROBLEM/ ISSUE IS:...
  6. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  7. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  8. Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing): Hi Lads Since Windows 10 was relased it was freezing on my PC. It was working absolutly fine on Windows 7. I see that lot of you had the same problem and nobody know why thats happen and what is a solution. I was tryaing a different drivers, reinstal windows but problem...
  9. Can I Update my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H System to Windows 10?

Can I Update my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H System to Windows 10?: I have the following home built desktop PC currently running Windows 8.1 Pro x64: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev 1.0) motherboard & F15Q BIOS & 16GB RAM, using UEFI and secure boot Intel 180GB SSD system disk WD 2TB disk for user files WD 500GB disk for backups Sapphire...
  10. installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3

in Windows 10 Support
    installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3: Has anyone had any luck with 10 using this motherboard??? It installed ok but I have no audio no network and it won't recognise my graphics card.... which is a right pain as this is on my games machine... I've been to the gigabyte website and downloaded the drivers but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gigabyte z77x-ud5h drivers do

2. gigabyte motherboard safe mode