Windows 10: Does the ISO they provide on the website work the same?

Discus and support Does the ISO they provide on the website work the same? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any difference if I just download and make a USB stick instead of waiting ? How does the product key work ( I am on 8.1 Pro ) once you start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kevzombie, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Kevzombie Win User

Does the ISO they provide on the website work the same?

Is there any difference if I just download and make a USB stick instead of waiting ? How does the product key work ( I am on 8.1 Pro ) once you start the upgrade they email you one For windows 10 ( or is it just like the 8 to 8.1 upgrade) ? I have downloaded this onto a USB but not sure if it will work same as upgrading the way Microsoft had before they put this up!

Windows 10

:)

Kevzombie, Jul 28, 2015

2. Time and date stuck in 2088

Thank you so much, problem seems to be fixed even after a re - start!

The The fan, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Time and date stuck in 2088

Hi,

I've got an old Acer laptop recently upgraded to Windows 10. The date is stubbornly set at 2088, the month and time is wrong also, and not correctable in settings, as you can only scroll back as far as 2058, unless you spend 5 minutes getting to 2015 month
    by month. The computer reverts to 2088 on start up, even if you correct the date in the bios. Its a big problem as Chrome won't work without the correct date, and my anti-virus won't update.

Any help much appreciated!

Phil

The The fan, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Kevzombie Win User
    Thanks I just did a fresh install of 8.1, and I am having trouble getting the ICON to show back up. Before I had to use a BATCH file for it to work but even that doesn't I have reinstalled the update many times and have no luck. Do you know anyway to get it showing ? So far nothing has done it! I have been confused brink people say it works and on their site they post "If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

Kevzombie, Jul 28, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    You shouldn't need a key if you install 10 as an upgrade over an activated Win 8.1.

I upgraded 8.1 with a Build 10240 .iso made from the .esd used for my Insider update. (It's supposed to be identical to the released version.) No key was requested, and the Windows 10 installation was activated.

bobkn, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Kevzombie Win User
    This is why I am so confused, news outlets, facebook, and other places are saying that it can. I've never been more confused. Now I am finding a lot of people are in the same boat as me with the Icon not showing up. I have reformatted my PC 2x this month didnt have trouble getting it back now it decides it doesn't want to work. But when I check hidden folders I see that windows is downloading files for windows 10.. CNET is reporting it is a way to jump the line Brink.

Jump the line and get Windows 10 right now - CNET

Kevzombie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does the ISO they provide on the website work the same? - Similar Threads - Does ISO provide

2. Can't download ISO from website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download ISO from website: I can't download the current ISO file because of this error and I'm not sure whqat to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-iso-from-website/cb28c875-47f1-460f-b071-914a74f101b7
  3. Can't download ISO from website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download ISO from website: I can't download the current ISO file because of this error and I'm not sure whqat to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-iso-from-website/cb28c875-47f1-460f-b071-914a74f101b7
  4. Win 10 laptop does not provide the same info from start button

Win 10 laptop does not provide the same info from start button: Hello,I bought a refurbished laptop which came with Win10 Pro/64. I have the same OS on my desktop. I have a number of problems getting the new laptop to "look like" my desktop system. The problem I will ask for help with today is this:When I click the start button on the...
  5. The button on the website does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The button on the website does not work.: Hello. The button "Get in Store app" does not work. Windows 7 Home Premium, Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-button-on-the-website-does-not-work/812f91b7-0f50-4288-93d0-6b9d73fe646f
  6. The button on the website does not work.

The button on the website does not work.: Hello. The button "Get in Store app" does not work. Windows 7 Home Premium, Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-button-on-the-website-does-not-work/812f91b7-0f50-4288-93d0-6b9d73fe646f
  7. Website does not work on multiple browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Website does not work on multiple browsers: I like to listen to music on the Classic FM - Listen Live Global Player website However the website fails to play!I have tried using Edge default browser and Firefox, with no successI am using Windows 11. Windows defender is the only security software loadedBecause the...
  8. Website does not work on multiple browsers

Website does not work on multiple browsers: I like to listen to music on the Classic FM - Listen Live Global Player website However the website fails to play!I have tried using Edge default browser and Firefox, with no successI am using Windows 11. Windows defender is the only security software loadedBecause the...
  9. I have a website to report. It is a website providing support for microsoft products....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a website to report. It is a website providing support for microsoft products....: I have a website to report. It is a website providing support for microsoft products. Please guide me.The website is microsoftofficesupport .pw without spaces.I was ask to pay for software problem and the problem was fixed. It was a good service and I did not think of it...
  10. Same ISO many installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same ISO many installs: If I understand the premise, the ISO on a USB is for the purpose of preparing for the actual installation. The installation follows, with a download. I will be upgrading between 20 and 40 units for a Seniors Center, where I work as a volunteer. Can I use ONE ISO on the...