Windows 10: Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon?

Discus and support Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In past builds, universal apps were always installed during a user's first logon to the system. So when you see the "Preparing" message during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by loosus456, Jun 5, 2015.

1. loosus456 Win User

Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon?

In past builds, universal apps were always installed during a user's first logon to the system. So when you see the "Preparing" message during the logon process, it was installing the universal apps, among other first-logon activities.

In 10130, it appears to me that universal apps are actually installed after the user gets to the desktop. At least, when I have created a few new users, I couldn't use many universal apps for several minutes after logging on the first time. The tiles for the apps were grayed out. Then, all of a sudden a few minutes later, the apps were working.

Has this been anyone else's experience?

:)

loosus456, Jun 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade: cannot open start menu, search, action centre, settings or personalize

I had the exact same issue happen in a virtual machine. Anything that's done by a "universal" app does not work. So step 2 of your instructions doesn't work because PC Settings is a universal app. This virtual machine has no software installed other
    than Windows 10 itself, so the cause can't be a 3rd party app. I resolved the issue by reverting the machine to an earlier snapshot. The only things I had done in the VM between the earlier snapshot and the start of the problem was to switch from a local
    to a Microsoft account, install the latest updates, and enable insider builds (but without actually installing any insider builds).

Jan Goyvaerts, Jun 5, 2015
  3. Widevine for Windows 10 Universal App

I have to build a Windows 10 Universal App for video streaming and I already use the Widevine DRM to my videos on other platforms ( Android & iOS ). So, does Windows 10 Universal App support WidevineDRM ?

Thank you Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon? :)

Jaturong Thongkam, Jun 5, 2015
  4. Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon?

I went into the Settings > Installed Apps where it shows the installed Apps and what size they are. I wanted to uninstall a couple and noticed Apps being added while I watched that screen. One at a time every few seconds a new tile/app would pop up in the list. This was after it had calculated all the sizes etc and displayed the apps. I was scrolling through the list as new apps were being installed. This was the first or second time logging in right after doing an upgrade from Windows 7. I don't remember what the apps were but they weren't ones I had installed on other PC manually. It wasn't the sync function as far as I could tell.

alphanumeric, Jun 6, 2015
  5. loosus456 Win User
    That definitely adds credence to the theory.

I wonder if this is a way Microsoft is trying to make first logins faster? Of course, it doesn't help much if you have to wait just as long to use any apps. Might as well keep the old behavior, as at least it's more predictable.

I still wish Microsoft allowed for system-wide apps, like Win32 apps can be installed. That way, it gets installed once for all users.

loosus456, Jun 6, 2015
  6. I think the base uni Apps get installed and as of 10.0.130, then automatic updates kick in. The inactive (greyed out) apps have an pending update or an update in progress. When Win10 goes live, the number of base Apps requiring an update should be 0.

Best guess on my part - no citation.

Slartybart, Jun 6, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    More than likely, these were just apps that were updating to new versions. I noticed yesterday in 10130 that when I went into the Store, that there were something like 15 pending updates for apps...

Mystere, Jun 6, 2015
  8. Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon?

If they were updating, wouldn't the tile already be there? I'm not sure what was going on, its the first time I've seen that happen. I know on my laptop running Windows 8.1. I'll uninstall a bunch of those pre installed Apps, and then they magically get reinstalled months latter. It's happened several times now.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon?

1. Does the latest build install universal apps after first logon? - Similar Threads - Does latest build

2. Universal mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  3. New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot: Hi all, This is a brand new PC build. Here are the parts used: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 Motherboard: MSI Mortar B550 RAM: 8X2 Gb Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GVKC Video Card: Nvidia RTX 2060 Storage: Western Digital m.2 It posts fine and I am able to enter BIOS...
  4. Windows Firewall Disables at First Logon After Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall Disables at First Logon After Boot: [ATTACH] The image above is a screenshot of the notification that pops up couple minutes after first logon after boot. Tried the following without fix to the issue: Resetting firewall settings to default settings Checked if Windows Defender Firewall [service] is set to...
  5. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  6. The computer does not start after installing the latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer does not start after installing the latest update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Since I installed the last update, my computer does not start. It is interposed through the process and then a startup error appears. Some type of driver is missing. The only options that the error page gives me is to continue launching normally or...
  7. New universal Twitter app does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New universal Twitter app does not work: Downloaded and installed today. This is all that happens when it is opened. Network connection is OK. Ideas? Windows 10 Help Forums 44583
  8. First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile: Microsoft's new universal Windows MSN apps have been out for Windows 10 PC for a few weeks now, but we are now seeing them arrive for phones as well. MSN Weather, News, Sports and Money all have the new design that ditches pivots for split-view menus. Indeed, all the new...
  9. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform source ; http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-app-platform/
  10. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: Earlier today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, I provided developers a first look at the Windows 10 developer platform strategy and universal app platform. I encourage you to tune in to our Build conference in April for the full story. Windows 10 represents the...