Windows 10: Does the Mail App Remove Messages form Server After Retrieving?

Discus and support Does the Mail App Remove Messages form Server After Retrieving? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Was wondering if the Mail App removes messages from the server after retrieving them@ Is there a setting for this? I have 2 email accounts:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Sep 18, 2017.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Does the Mail App Remove Messages form Server After Retrieving?

Was wondering if the Mail App removes messages from the server after retrieving them@
    Is there a setting for this?

I have 2 email accounts: Roadrunner and Gmail.

Thanks,
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Sep 18, 2017

2. Winbdows 10 Mail App Does Not Detect Changes in IMAP Folder Structure

Here is a use case that highlights a bug.

1. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 mail app.

2. After sync, note folder structure in mail app mirrors what is on the server.

3. Create new folder on the server (or in the case of Gmail, category) and move messages around.

4. Note that after syncing, new folder does not appear in mail app.

5. Remove account, add account back in, and await sync.

6. Note new folder shows up.

Harvey Greenberg, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Intercepting Hotmail Account

Are you using your Hotmail address to login to Windows 10?

If yes, then the Hotmail account will be setup in the Windows 10 Mail app and cannot be removed.

However, the Mail app itself can be removed.

The Mail app will sync emails and folders. It does not download the emails and then remove them from the server.

What may be happening is that the Mail app has the server tied up. I will move this thread to the Mail app forum.

The November 10 Windows 10 update includes some changes to the Mail app.

Ron Sommer MVP, Sep 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Does the Mail App Remove Messages form Server After Retrieving? - Similar Threads - Does Mail App

2. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  3. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  4. does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server: Does windows 10 mail allow to keep mail on server to view on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail-app-allow-mail-to-stay-on/3298af47-8b7f-45c6-9268-539fadd54a26
  5. does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server

does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server: Does windows 10 mail allow to keep mail on server to view on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail-app-allow-mail-to-stay-on/3298af47-8b7f-45c6-9268-539fadd54a26
  6. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?: Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone...
  7. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...
  8. Mail app does not sync messages automatically

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not sync messages automatically: I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my...
  9. How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

in Browsers and Email
    How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account: I have the Windows Mail App on one of my 3 machines. The other to use Outlook 2016. Under Mail App (pop3 accounts) when I delete a message it removes it from the Cox server. Neither of the 2 Outlook machines can find the message and Cox Webmail does not show it. Is there a...
  10. Mail app does not access Outlook servers

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not access Outlook servers: or so it appears. Creating a new account choosing the outlook option, either with my signed in MS system account, or the generic outlook choice returns error 0x80070525. I can, however, access gmail and yahoo sign ins. 13793