Windows 10: Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Discus and support Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable? Jim 30984 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jim77, Nov 21, 2015.

1. jim77 Win User

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable?

Jim

:)

jim77, Nov 21, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

How to create a boot disk for Windows 10 without the 'install.esd' file

You can use the link from the previous post and use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable DVD or USB.

neilpzz, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Bazas Win User
    Windows media creation tool error 0x80004005 - 0xa001a

Hi, Since the Fall update I have had nothing but problems with a bootable USB drive. Windows media creation tool returns an error 0x80004005 - 0xa001a, which the internet seems oblivious too and the windows 7 USB/DVD download tool creates a drive which is
    none bootable.

I spoke to microsoft who advised me to download the windows 10 ISO and use the windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to create the media but it failed to boot.

I searched online for solutions as to why windows 7 USB/DVD download tool would not create a bootable USB drive from a windows 7 ISO and I was given directions to use Diskpart. This also failed.

So does anyone have any solutions to fix the 0x80004005 - 0xa001a error with the media creation tool.

I also tried both windows 7 and windows 10 USB Drive in 2 systems and neither would boot the windows install program.

Thanks Baz

Bazas, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

It will create a bootable flash drive, not a DVD. Easiest way to be safe is to create the ISO then use Imgburn to create the DVD or Rufus to create the flash drive.

Windows 10 ISO Download

Ztruker, Nov 21, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    If you're on a Windows 8 or Windows 10 machine, you can save the ISO with the Media Creation Tool and then burn it to DVD by right-clicking the ISO and selecting 'Burn Disc Image'.

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD [​IMG]

There is also an option to 'Open DVD Burner' in the Media Creation Tool, but I've never done it that way.

When I want to completely wipe the drive, I boot with the DVD in the DVD drive, and with the boot order set to boot from DVD drive first so that it boots from DVD. If you just want to upgrade the current OS, you can just run setup.exe on the DVD/USB Flash Drive from desktop.

ARC1020, Nov 21, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Jim, *Smile

Option One in the tutorial below can help show you how to create a bootable Windows 10 USB with MCT.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

I would recommend to wait a few days though. Currently, Microsoft has pulled the latest Windows 10 TH2 version 1511 build 10586 ISO file. It should hopefully be restored soon once Microsoft fixes whatever issue for the reason they pulled it.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD - Similar Threads - Does Media Creation

2. Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?: Hi,I have a USB external Hard Drive one TB in size with two partitions. I made the first partition 32 GB in size and formatted it as FAT32. It was assigned the letter D:. I made a second partition that includes all of the remaining space, and formatted it as NTFS. It was...
  3. Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?: Hi,I have a USB external Hard Drive one TB in size with two partitions. I made the first partition 32 GB in size and formatted it as FAT32. It was assigned the letter D:. I made a second partition that includes all of the remaining space, and formatted it as NTFS. It was...
  4. Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool: Why this problem arises while creating usb bootable from media creation tool ?How can I solved it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-while-creating-usb-bootable-from-microsoft/d39da4cd-c784-410a-901b-63cc30573eeb
  6. Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool: Why this problem arises while creating usb bootable from media creation tool ?How can I solved it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-while-creating-usb-bootable-from-microsoft/d39da4cd-c784-410a-901b-63cc30573eeb
  7. Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD: Whenever I try to create a bootable USB using the media creation tool, I get an ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY BSOD. Here are the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j64hqzsi32zuzk8/minidump.7z/file....
  9. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool: I have troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool. I used a USB to get a copy of windows 10 for my new computer but the Windows 10 setup uses the wrong disk space. I used a Removable Disk (F:) but instead it tries to connect to the other disk space. What should...
  10. Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized

Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized: Using my old Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine, I have created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool but the thumb drive is not being recognized by the new (target) PC where I want to install Windows 10, which is running a Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard with...