Windows 10: Does the USB recovery drive require credentials?

Discus and support Does the USB recovery drive require credentials? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you boot into the on-disk recovery environment, it needs credentials to do anything. What about if you make a recovery USB key and boot from that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daninthemix, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Does the USB recovery drive require credentials?

If you boot into the on-disk recovery environment, it needs credentials to do anything. What about if you make a recovery USB key and boot from that instead? Would you have access to the HDD and the tools without logging in?

:)

daninthemix, Jul 1, 2016

2. How to create Recovery disc in windows 10

I'm very confused about making a Windows 10 Recovery Disc (optical CD or DVD), not a Recovery Disk or Drive (USB or other kind of hard disk). I read several places here that a USB drive is necessary, yet the Recovery Partition on the system hard drive is
    only 450 MB. Is there something besides the Recovery Partition that is written to Recovery media that requires more capacity than the system Recovery Partition, and if so, exactly
    what and
    what capacity USB drive is necessary? Or is there some other reason a USB drive is necessary?

It might help eliminate confusion if someone would clearly explain what is written to recovery media besides the system recovery partition, if anything.

Bowers Bum, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Buck_650 Win User
    Windows 10 does not install - missing required drive partition

System:

Windows 10 Pro Recovery USB

Problem:

Unable to perform Windows 10 pro installation from recovery USB.

Error message:

Missing required drive partition.

How do I solve missing required drive partition and install Windows 10 Pro?

Buck_650, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Does the USB recovery drive require credentials?

Brink, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

Does the USB recovery drive require credentials?

1. Does the USB recovery drive require credentials? - Similar Threads - Does USB recovery

2. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  3. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  4. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  5. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  6. USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Recovery Drive: I have an ACER computer that was updated from Windows 7 to 10 when the update was still free. The updates are up to date except for the 2H20. I was trying to make a USB Recovery Drive. I tried to follow the directions I could find on the web. After finding and opening...
  7. some mapped drives require admin credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some mapped drives require admin credentials: All, Recently, I had a 2008 R2 Standard server die. That was our main server but all essential user activity files/folders were being replicated on a Windows 2019 Standard server. I shut down the 2008 server and moved over to the 2019 sever. All users are on Win10 v1909. I...
  8. usb recovery drive

usb recovery drive: have tried to re install windows 10 from usb recovery drive a number of times, reaches approx. 50% and fails. on entering command prompt window, have message that there is not enough disk space to complete command. I thought all files would be wiped from disk and new windows...
  9. Usb Recovery Drive

Usb Recovery Drive: Hi My pc won't boot and i create a usb recovery drive from my laptop. I plug the recovery flash drive to my pc and able to boot it up. I tried to access the system restore and it shows a couple of restore points. My question is does these restore points from my desktop...
  10. USB recovery drive

USB recovery drive: Windows 10 , create recovery drive, is requesting I insert at least a 32 gb usb drive yet when recovery drive is complete [with system files] windows only used 11 gb. This is not necessarily a problem except I have several extra 16 gb usb drives which I would like to use....