Windows 10: Does Win 10 turn on Bluetooth automatically and misread dongle as disk

Discus and support Does Win 10 turn on Bluetooth automatically and misread dongle as disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dell N7110 installed Win 10 free update nicely. Had some minor quirks but fixed and had to install updated software for HP products. Problem arose,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karterfred88, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Does Win 10 turn on Bluetooth automatically and misread dongle as disk

My Dell N7110 installed Win 10 free update nicely. Had some minor quirks but fixed and had to install updated software for HP products. Problem arose, when during Anniversary update, my mouse started connect/disconnect. Traced it to a bad wire at the mouse. Bought a new Microsoft wireless mouse. Plugged it in-works. But--on "Retarts" for installation of software, and on updates, at Restart black screen got message "unable to find operating system". Hard boot-started and loaded flawlessly. Tried the "restart" from the power icon-"can't find operating system". After three days of scouring the net, pulled the "dongle" out after restart screen opened, restarted normally. Went into "Bluetooth controls" turned off "Bluetooth" and tried restart, worked normally even with dongle in. And, the wireless mouse works fine. I think having the Bluetooth on and having a Bluetooth transmitter, combined to mix up the computers bios. Is there a fix for this, so I can leave the Bluetooth on for my other devices and still use the wireless mouse? For the moment, I went out and bought a new "old school" wired USB mouse and there are no issues with the Bluetooth on and the wired mouse with "restarts".

:)

karterfred88, Aug 17, 2016

2. Bluetooth not working - Windows 10

My USB bluetooth dongle could not be detected. Try removing your sound device from device manager re-boot and then let Win 10 find and install the sound driver automatically. Then plug in your Bluetooth (3?) dongle in and let it be auto detected and installed.
    Until I corrected the sound driver problem it would not detect my bluetooth dongle!

MaruWinters, Aug 17, 2016
  3. JoelASU Win User
    Bluetooth for Win 10

to: Dyan Rey

Thank you so much for your reply. I was able to resolve the issue, and the Bluetooth dongle I purchased passed the Mix Reality test. I did not know that Win 10 has Bluetooth drivers built-in. The instructions from the MFG had me installing a driver from
    a small CD disk, which did not work with win 10.

In Win 10 once the USB dongle is in place Win 10 loads its driver. Then the device you want to pair must be added to the device column in the setting control panel.

Thanks Again

JoelASU, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

Does Win 10 turn on Bluetooth automatically and misread dongle as disk

1. Does Win 10 turn on Bluetooth automatically and misread dongle as disk - Similar Threads - Does turn Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a bluetooth dongle for my pc. I plugged it in and installed it and restarted my pc to finish it. came back and it says "driver is unavailable" i clicked update and it says theres no updates for it. where do i get the correct driver for this since my windows...
  3. Bluetooth adapter displays as "dongle" in devices, can't turn on bluetooth.

Bluetooth adapter displays as "dongle" in devices, can't turn on bluetooth.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I can't access bluetooth on my desktop, it has no built in bluetooth so i'm using an adapter instead. I've tried using two different bluetooth adapters and they both display as "dongle" in the devices section. There's no toggle to turn bluetooth on or off....
  4. Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Dongle: I recently bought the Bluetooth dongle listed below. I've plugged it into my pc and it seems to work alright but I can only pair to devices by right-clicking the Bluetooth symbol on the taskbar. When I go into windows settings there isn't even an option to turn Bluetooth on,...
  5. Bluetooth Dongle

Bluetooth Dongle: I have a Bluetooth USB Adaptor ES-3881+ I have the software disc but when I run it an error message comes up "Err 2 occurred during installation please try to install again" I have tried several times. is there a fix or do I need to buy a new dongle. Thanks in advance...
  6. Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a Bluetooth adaptor but it doesn't work, I've tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them but it still doesn't work submitted by /u/Girl_Widda_D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha8jlz/bluetooth_dongle/
  7. A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?

A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?: I bought one of those tp-link dongles on Amazon that said it was plug and play. It's not, and even with the drivers, it doesn't show up in the new Windows 10 settings menu. You have to go through the old Bluetooth menu to attach anything. Any suggestions for a decent...
  8. Bluetooth Dongle

Bluetooth Dongle: My windows 10 pc does not have Bluetooth. Please recommend some quality Bluetooth dongle. Many thanks. submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewye1p/bluetooth_dongle/
  9. Help choosing a bluetooth dongle for win 10?

Help choosing a bluetooth dongle for win 10?: Hi, Could anyone recommend a decent bt 4.0 usb dongle that works perfectly with win 10? I bought one of these mini csr8510 ones cheap, and it's an absolute pile of junk. If I leave it plugged in It regularly stops other usb devices from starting upon boot, and even when it...
  10. Disk Management Is Seriously Misreading My Storage

Disk Management Is Seriously Misreading My Storage: I recently tried to uninstall McAfee from a brand new HP W10 laptop using the McAfee Product removal tool, but the uninstall quit partway through the process leaving me with half a program that couldn't run or uninstall either. I didn't know what else to do so I finally...