Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

Discus and support Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winneh da Pu, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Winneh da Pu Win User

Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not, I'd think that many Win 10 users would love to have this feature.

I've been using an Android app to get this done but would love to be able to just select the files in File Explorer and start the transfer to my phone.

:)

Winneh da Pu, Jun 10, 2018
  2. NotBobNot Win User

Windows 10 and bluetooth file transfer from phone

Concerning the tedious nature of sending one file at a time between an Android phone and Win10...

It's still annoying (and not pleasantly workable like Win7), however I have figured out a way to send more than one file at a time. (This assumes you are already paired up between devices, and you already know how to transfer a single file.)

For Android, from the Play store, download an improved file manager, like File Commander (or another one that allows multiple file selections.)

• In File Commander, from the Home screen, go to Pictures (or wherever the files are)
    • Once you have a list of files, press on a file you want to transfer, and hold... until the background turns gray. It is now selected, and will remain selected.
    • Now press on another file you want to transfer, hold, etc, like the step above.
    • Repeat the previous step as many times as you want to select more files. (I've successfully done 20 files at one time. There may be some limit on either the sending or receiving side.)
    Once you have all of your files selected, set your Win10 computer to receive a bluetooth transfer.

Going back to the Android phone... In File Commander, press the triple-dot menu, then share, then bluetooth, and select your Win10 computer

All of the files will transfer in one shot. You still need to confirm the location of the files in Win10 once the transfer is complete, but you have multiple files transferred at one time. It helps.

NotBobNot, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Parth P Patel Win User
    Cortana on Android and sending SMS from the desktop.

Hello Rick,

Please provide more information before we proceed.

• Does this issue occurs while sending message to all phone or is it particular while sending message to specific phone?
    • Does this issue occurs while sending message from phone to Windows 10 desktop?

You may also try installing the updates for Windows desktop and android phone and check if it works as expected.

Please post back with the information asked and the result for better suggestion.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone? - Similar Threads - Does Win10 native

1. My Win10 does not have dvr burner

in Windows 10 Support
    My Win10 does not have dvr burner: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483) [img] I downloaded an iso of my version and tried to burn it to dvr. Got error comment shown. I thought Win 10 came with burner by default but maybe this HP installation excluded...
  2. Does Win10 offer Loudness Equalization w/ HDMI Audio Playback Device?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Win10 offer Loudness Equalization w/ HDMI Audio Playback Device?: Does Win 10 offer Loudness Equalization when using the HDMI Audio Playback Device? It's normally found under the Enhancements tab of the Audio Panel. While it appears that this feature is still available when using the "Speakers" audio playback device, when using HDMI for...
  3. Win10 Won't Output NATIVE 1366x768 To HDTV (Win7 Does) - Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Won't Output NATIVE 1366x768 To HDTV (Win7 Does) - Fix?: Can't get Windows 10 to output native 1366x768 resolution to HDTV, instead it software scales 1080p down to the lower res which looks horrible -- Windows 7 does not have this problem (i.e. Win display setting 1920x1080 -> TV 1080p, Win display setting 1366x768 -> TV native...
  4. Does Server board(intel C612 chip) are suitable with Win10 Pro 64b OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Server board(intel C612 chip) are suitable with Win10 Pro 64b OS?: Hi Sir/Madam, Recently, my system having an issue is when I cold boot my system will hang at BIOS post screen, if leave it system for one mins the system will auto shutdown. But, if i change Win10 to Enterprise version this issue will not occur again, I just wonder does...
  5. win10 installation does not go on

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 installation does not go on: I intended to do a clean install on a Acer Aspire 3660 so that I created a 32 bits Windows 10 install pen drive , changed the boot order on BIOS and booted the machine to start the setup. It booted from the pen drive , started to read from the device (pen driver's led...
  6. Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op?: Hi,I transferred (cut and paste) a very important video that I took this morning via USB cable from Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 to Win 10 Pc. I played it once on Win10 and went away from PC. When I came back the file was gone. I can see the link in "recent documents" on PC but it...
  7. How to delete an empty file on desktop that Win10 says does not exist

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete an empty file on desktop that Win10 says does not exist: I have a file on my desktop that Windows 10 insists does not exist at that location. A small snip of the screen showing the file next to my drive icons is attached. A snip of the error message is also attached when the delete command is attempted from the right-click...
Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone? solved