Windows 10: Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

Discus and support Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winneh da Pu, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not, I'd think that many Win 10 users would love to have this feature.

I've been using an Android app to get this done but would love to be able to just select the files in File Explorer and start the transfer to my phone.

:)

Winneh da Pu, Jun 9, 2018
  2. NotBobNot Win User

Windows 10 and bluetooth file transfer from phone

Concerning the tedious nature of sending one file at a time between an Android phone and Win10...

It's still annoying (and not pleasantly workable like Win7), however I have figured out a way to send more than one file at a time. (This assumes you are already paired up between devices, and you already know how to transfer a single file.)

For Android, from the Play store, download an improved file manager, like File Commander (or another one that allows multiple file selections.)

• In File Commander, from the Home screen, go to Pictures (or wherever the files are)
    • Once you have a list of files, press on a file you want to transfer, and hold... until the background turns gray. It is now selected, and will remain selected.
    • Now press on another file you want to transfer, hold, etc, like the step above.
    • Repeat the previous step as many times as you want to select more files. (I've successfully done 20 files at one time. There may be some limit on either the sending or receiving side.)
    Once you have all of your files selected, set your Win10 computer to receive a bluetooth transfer.

Going back to the Android phone... In File Commander, press the triple-dot menu, then share, then bluetooth, and select your Win10 computer

All of the files will transfer in one shot. You still need to confirm the location of the files in Win10 once the transfer is complete, but you have multiple files transferred at one time. It helps.

NotBobNot, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Cortana on Android and sending SMS from the desktop.

Hello Rick,

Please provide more information before we proceed.

• Does this issue occurs while sending message to all phone or is it particular while sending message to specific phone?
    • Does this issue occurs while sending message from phone to Windows 10 desktop?

You may also try installing the updates for Windows desktop and android phone and check if it works as expected.

Please post back with the information asked and the result for better suggestion.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

1. Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone? - Similar Threads - Does Win10 native

2. Android Phone and Windows does not since with Phone Link app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android Phone and Windows does not since with Phone Link app.: Hello,I got both my Android phone and Windows pc two years. I did try to link the two using the Phone Link app. However, the problem with it is that the Code to the PC has dashes and the one on my phone doesn't accept dashes. Is there something wrong with the Phone Link app...
  3. Android Phone and Windows does not since with Phone Link app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android Phone and Windows does not since with Phone Link app.: Hello,I got both my Android phone and Windows pc two years. I did try to link the two using the Phone Link app. However, the problem with it is that the Code to the PC has dashes and the one on my phone doesn't accept dashes. Is there something wrong with the Phone Link app...
  4. Does the PC app for Your Phone have to be Enter=Send?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the PC app for Your Phone have to be Enter=Send?: Please inform me that the developers of Your Phone for the PC hasn't left off the choice of Enter=Send or doesn't =Send? I hit that key so often that it sends half words, half sentences, and maybe things I didn't get time to reread and edit before sending.Did they leave this...
  5. Is it possible to have my Win10 calendar in my Android phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to have my Win10 calendar in my Android phone?: ...without Outlook? I can work with my calendar without an email just fine in my PC. Is there a way to have it on my phone too? I don't want to install/use Google calendar btw, even if it has the option to sync with it. I am trying to avoid their services as much as possible....
  6. native win10 backup file format

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    native win10 backup file format: Does the backup process that comes with win10 compress or encrypt the NAS destination files? Or can you pick open the files directly with a word processor? What happens if your backups are encrypted, your computer dies, and you want to restore to a different o/s or a later...
  7. PC does not recognize android phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC does not recognize android phone: When I connect my phone to the computer via a usb c data cable (which I know is in fact a data cable, not just for charging) I recieve this error message "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it" Developer...
  8. How do I send a file document from pc to android phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I send a file document from pc to android phone?: I tried to cast the file but my phone, which is connected to my pc, was not listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-a-file-document-from-pc-to-android/1d2f0429-a5d0-47c0-a087-b6936f90c6a3"
  9. PNG FILE NOT SEND FROM ANDROID PHONE TO WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP VIA BLUETOOTH

PNG FILE NOT SEND FROM ANDROID PHONE TO WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP VIA BLUETOOTH: SIR, MY ANDORID DEVICE PAIRED WITH WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP, IT SEND SMS AND FROM TO DESKTOP BUT PNG FILE IS NOTE SHAIRED FROM ANDORID PHONE TO WINDOWS 10 HELP JAWAHAR JAIN...
  10. Unable to send files via Bluetooth to my Android Phone w/Windows 10

Unable to send files via Bluetooth to my Android Phone w/Windows 10: I have always right clicked on a file in a folder, Send To, Bluetooth and then selected my phone and it would send. Now my phone lights up like it wants to receive the file but it never does send. This happened right after I upgraded to Windows 10. Has anyone experienced this...