Windows 10: Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

Discus and support Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winneh da Pu, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Winneh da Pu Win User

Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not, I'd think that many Win 10 users would love to have this feature.

I've been using an Android app to get this done but would love to be able to just select the files in File Explorer and start the transfer to my phone.

:)

Winneh da Pu, Jun 9, 2018
  2. NotBobNot Win User

Windows 10 and bluetooth file transfer from phone

Concerning the tedious nature of sending one file at a time between an Android phone and Win10...

It's still annoying (and not pleasantly workable like Win7), however I have figured out a way to send more than one file at a time. (This assumes you are already paired up between devices, and you already know how to transfer a single file.)

For Android, from the Play store, download an improved file manager, like File Commander (or another one that allows multiple file selections.)

• In File Commander, from the Home screen, go to Pictures (or wherever the files are)
    • Once you have a list of files, press on a file you want to transfer, and hold... until the background turns gray. It is now selected, and will remain selected.
    • Now press on another file you want to transfer, hold, etc, like the step above.
    • Repeat the previous step as many times as you want to select more files. (I've successfully done 20 files at one time. There may be some limit on either the sending or receiving side.)
    Once you have all of your files selected, set your Win10 computer to receive a bluetooth transfer.

Going back to the Android phone... In File Commander, press the triple-dot menu, then share, then bluetooth, and select your Win10 computer

All of the files will transfer in one shot. You still need to confirm the location of the files in Win10 once the transfer is complete, but you have multiple files transferred at one time. It helps.

NotBobNot, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Parth P Patel Win User
    Cortana on Android and sending SMS from the desktop.

Hello Rick,

Please provide more information before we proceed.

• Does this issue occurs while sending message to all phone or is it particular while sending message to specific phone?
    • Does this issue occurs while sending message from phone to Windows 10 desktop?

You may also try installing the updates for Windows desktop and android phone and check if it works as expected.

Please post back with the information asked and the result for better suggestion.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

1. Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone? - Similar Threads - Does Win10 native

2. access denied on android phone

in Windows 10 Support
    access denied on android phone: hi looking for help please I have win 10 64 bit on dell OptiPlex, cannot transfer files from android phone to pc it comes up with access denied message it works fine for the other way round i.e. from pc to phone . it seems the problem is the pc as it works fine on my laptop...
  3. eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send

in Browsers and Email
    eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send: Hi, got new dell computer xps 8900 with win10 preinstalled. I installed eudora to c: a solid state drive with Mbx files on drive D; I can receive emails from my server but can not send--no error messages, just does not send. Can anyone help? 55493
  4. Microsoft send Win10 prep files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft send Win10 prep files: Hi All, Was browsing a site yesterday and seen a writeup on something Microsoft done. The heading on the site is below. "Unforced error – Windows 10 downloads unto ALL eligible PC’s like it or not" It seems Microsoft done this to all who reserved Win10. I didn't see...
  5. ok, maybe in the wrong forum, but.....having an android phone....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ok, maybe in the wrong forum, but.....having an android phone....: hi guys, well having (for the first time) an IPHONE Apple 6 which i do not like....so i gave it to my wife who wanted it. Now since 1 day i have a Galaxy S6, very nice phone and in my opinion far better than the Apple....but to each his own. when i want to visit...
  6. Is there an app 4 Win10 to click a phone # and dial it on my android?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an app 4 Win10 to click a phone # and dial it on my android?: I was just curious if there was a way to either click, or right click on a phone number on my Win10 laptop that could bring up an option to call it from my android phone (HTC10) Thanks all! Aza 65502
  7. android phone drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    android phone drivers: got multiple questions in this post this is for an asus zenfone 3, android 7.1.1 my win10 pro machine sees the phone ok, in devices it shows the following drivers see below just wondering why there are the 6 drivers? why are some .sys files and others .dll's? does a...
  8. Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer: I'd like to access the files on my Android 7 (Nougat) Samsung S5 phone via Windows Explorer, presumably in Network (previously known as Network Locations?). Is that possible? 83436
  9. No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

in Windows 10 Support
    No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.: Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files OS: Windows 10 Brand: RazerModel: Razer Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition) Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes Does this happen on other...
  10. Unable to send files via Bluetooth to my Android Phone w/Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to send files via Bluetooth to my Android Phone w/Windows 10: I have always right clicked on a file in a folder, Send To, Bluetooth and then selected my phone and it would send. Now my phone lights up like it wants to receive the file but it never does send. This happened right after I upgraded to Windows 10. Has anyone experienced this...