Windows 10: Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently begun getting the Apple Update window and I don't even want Apple products on my computer. I don't know where Bonjour came from but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom Hinckley, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple?

I have recently begun getting the Apple Update window and I don't even want Apple products on my computer. I don't know where Bonjour came from but I don't know if one or more apps are using it. Can I uninstall it without causing problems?

Does anyone know how I can tell if it is being used by an app?

Thanks.

:)

Tom Hinckley, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    bonjour

Hi BullishMite4225, Bonjour is a piece of Apple Software, you may have installed iTunes or some other Apple software and Bobjour was bundled with it

As for 'do you need it' the simple answer is no!

Bonjour provides a general way to discover services on a local area network.

The software is widely used throughout Apple devices, and allows users to set up a network without any configuration.

DaveM121, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple?

Bonjour

As long as you aren't using the Apple Bonjour services to stream media to your home media devices like other computers or Apple devices.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple?

1. Does Windows 10 come with or use Bonjour from Apple? - Similar Threads - Does Bonjour Apple

2. Bonjour/Apple

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bonjour/Apple: I have lost the Bonjour and Apple Mobile Device folders on Windows 10, so I can no longer access my iphone on the PC.Neither show in Services.msc. or in Device Manager.Connecting my Iphone tells me I have to download Itunes, but I already have it installed, and I have seen...
  3. Bonjour/Apple

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bonjour/Apple: I have lost the Bonjour and Apple Mobile Device folders on Windows 10, so I can no longer access my iphone on the PC.Neither show in Services.msc. or in Device Manager.Connecting my Iphone tells me I have to download Itunes, but I already have it installed, and I have seen...
  4. Bonjour/Apple

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bonjour/Apple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 is coming for Apple’s Touchbar with the Wonder Bar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is coming for Apple’s Touchbar with the Wonder Bar: We’ve been reporting that Microsoft plans to bring some of Windows 10X’s features and improvements to the traditional version of Windows 10 after the company shifted the focus away from dual-screen hardware. In addition to a new Start Menu, Action Center and faster Windows...
  7. Apple Bonjour service crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple Bonjour service crashes: Application log reveals an error ERROR: handle_resolve_request bad interfaceIndex 24 I have removed all the Apple components in the apple recommended order and reinstalled. As a result I cannot sync music to any of my iphones. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/hlwNYC...
  8. Bonjour for Windows/Apple Mobile Device Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bonjour for Windows/Apple Mobile Device Support: Help! The two programs noted above are both shown in my "Programs and Features" in control panel but will not uninstall. The Bonjour keeps asking for the 64-bit installer but I cannot get it and if I try to load a new 64-bit version of iTunes I am not allowed to. In Safe...
  9. bonjour apple on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    bonjour apple on Windows 10: Tell me specifically what applications Bonjour uses on my laptop. I know it is apple. I use Windows 10. Do not tell me that Bonjour is Apple, tell me specific applications that Bonjour is using on my computer. I know it is a networking platform application whatever.... that...
  10. Where do Bing, Bonjour, and Web Companion come from..................

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do Bing, Bonjour, and Web Companion come from..................: .... and just how do they get in to Windows so easily despite the presence of AV software? Is there any way to prevent these unwelcome guests? 103571

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 use bonjour

2. does bonjour come with windows 10

3. what does bonjour do win 10

4. ok to uninstall bonjour on pc?,
  5. bonjour apple come with windows 10,
  6. win 10 apple bonjour,
  7. bonjour for itunes download