Windows 10: does windows 10 gather my speech if i dont say hey Cortana ??

Discus and support does windows 10 gather my speech if i dont say hey Cortana ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So if i leave my mic on as it has no off or mute on it will windows 10 gather my speech and everything i say if i don't say hey Cortana just wondering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonyb, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Tonyb Win User

does windows 10 gather my speech if i dont say hey Cortana ??

So if i leave my mic on as it has no off or mute on it will windows 10 gather my speech and everything i say if i don't say hey Cortana just wondering as i know a USB mic is always on and always there as when i say hey Cortana its a instant response. Just wondering if its like xbox one were its always listening to you all the time?. At least on xbox one you can say stop listening lol.

:)

Tonyb, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Ethan B. Win User

turn cortana off in windows 10

Hey James,

What you can do is hit Windows key + I together, then go into Privacy. On the left pane, you should see the Speech, inking and typing link. Click that, and where it says "Stop getting to know me", click that. If the Cortana icon still appears on your taskbar,
    right click the Taskbar in an empty space (maybe to the right), navigate to Cortana, then set it to Hidden. Cortana shouldn't bother you anymore.

Source (if you would like to read more into it):
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-cortana...

Ethan B., Aug 2, 2015
  3. Hey cortana is not getting activated on Lumia 1520 windows 10

Hi Friends,

Hope you all are fine. Friends actually i have got stucked in enabling hey cortana in my lumia 1520 which is updated to latest OS build 10.0.14393.576. I live in India, and so after selecting region, language and speech to English (India),
    i am getting below error:

"to use hey cortana, make sure your region and speech language match your current display language"

But the same when i change my region, language and speech to English (U.S), i can see hey cortana is working in my phone and asking me to train the voice. Which proves that there is no OS issue and does not need reset of device, it needs region specific
    commands. But i guess hey cortana is also working for India and should work in my device too.

Cortana is working fine with English (India), but hey cortana is not. Also i am on non windows insider program. As my device gets update to windows 10 without insider program. Seeking for your help and it will be really appreciable.

Mohd Adib Mulla, Aug 2, 2015
  4. does windows 10 gather my speech if i dont say hey Cortana ??

Did you enable "Hey Cortana" if so than yes. In order for the Cortana to respond to "Hey Cortana" commands the microphone is passively always on. If "Hey Cortana" is disabled then it will need to be actively enabled by clicking on the microphone. I am not sure if it is always listening even if "Hey Cortana" is not enabled.

chris1neji, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Tonyb Win User
    OH ok i will just turn that part off then or find a way to mute the microphone thanks for the info.

Tonyb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

does windows 10 gather my speech if i dont say hey Cortana ??

1. does windows 10 gather my speech if i dont say hey Cortana ?? - Similar Threads - does gather speech

2. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  3. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  4. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  5. learn how I say hey cortana"

in Cortana
    learn how I say hey cortana": I have Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit V2004 build 19041.388 and I want to enable hey cartana but I want it to response only to my voice but I can't find 'learn how I say hey cortana"' button in windows search is it deleted? if yes can I bring it back? if yes how?...
  6. Cortana not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana'

in Cortana
    Cortana not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana': Since the past few days Cortana on my device is not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana'. I have checked all the microphone settings and all the required permissions to Cortana are been given. I went on to check the Cortana settings and under the ' Talk to Cortana ' option I...
  7. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  8. Learn how I say "Hey Cortana" is not working.

in Cortana
    Learn how I say "Hey Cortana" is not working.: when i press Learn how i say "hey cortana" and try to talk i can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/learn-how-i-say-hey-cortana-is-not-working/1bfa9e7b-8cbe-40b1-b90c-46e6f490b0fc"
  9. I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.

in Cortana
    I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.: If i go to cortana setings. And press "Learn how i say "Hey Cortana"". [ATTACH] Every thinks work pretty good but after i should say frst phrases it close and doesnt work. Normali cortana can hear me and do every think that i told her but when i want to learn her that it...
  10. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"