Windows 10: Does windows 10 give you an option to delete person files from old OS?

Discus and support Does windows 10 give you an option to delete person files from old OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm new to this forum :-) by the way so sorry if do anything wrong I want to start afresh with Windows 10 and have a clean installation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexk848, Jun 15, 2015.

1. alexk848 Win User

Does windows 10 give you an option to delete person files from old OS?

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum Does windows 10 give you an option to delete person files from old OS? :) by the way so sorry if do anything wrong
    I want to start afresh with Windows 10 and have a clean installation of it without my old cluttered files. Does the installation give you an option to delete your old person files?

Much appreciated,
    Alex Kensit

:)

alexk848, Jun 15, 2015

2. Unable to remove the account picture, there is no option to remove the picture on Windows 10

How do you delete your account photo in windows 10. It does not even give me the option to delete. It only gives me the option to change photos. however the old photo stays there.

Original title: account settings

jimmyosborn, Jun 15, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 15, 2015
  4. AlanWade Win User

If you are "Starting afresh" and clean installing Windows 10 then maybe you would format your C drive to ensure that the Win 10 installation is corruption free, in which case yes your files on that drive will get deleted. Maybe a little more info on where your current version of Windows is (assuming its C) and where you want to put Windows 10 would be helpful.

AlanWade, Jun 15, 2015
  5. Charlie Win User
    Alex
    Welcome to TenForums. Sounds like you are wanting to do a clean install. Try this tutorial. Be sure to back up any data that you do not want to be deleted. Good luck to you *Biggrin https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Charlie, Jun 16, 2015
  6. Since Win10 is preview code, it is advisable to dual boot. That's pretty much a clean install any way you do it, except you don't overwrite your existing system install. It's safer and just easier if you follow this tutorial:

Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums
    Read though it and ask any questions first - pay attention to the color boxes and read the blue links too.

When Win10 goes live is when you should replace / upgrade your existing OS, not when it's still in development.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does windows 10 give you an option to delete person files from old OS? - Similar Threads - Does option delete

2. Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied: I recently bought a nvme ssd and migrated my os there. I wanted to delete the windows o OS files from my old drive but it denies me access. I tried changing ownership but it still kept on denying me access. I don't want to format the drive because there are important files in...
  3. Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied: I recently bought a nvme ssd and migrated my os there. I wanted to delete the windows o OS files from my old drive but it denies me access. I tried changing ownership but it still kept on denying me access. I don't want to format the drive because there are important files in...
  4. Deleting windows files from old OS disk leads to Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  6. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  7. Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS: I had an issue the other week with my original SSD in my XPS15 9560 that caused to OS to corrupt and become unusable. I didn't want to re-image that hard drive and lose all my files in the process so I decided to upgrade to a new SSD with more storage. I though I would able...
  8. Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS

Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS: I had an issue the other week with my original SSD in my XPS15 9560 that caused to OS to corrupt and become unusable. I didn't want to re-image that hard drive and lose all my files in the process so I decided to upgrade to a new SSD with more storage. I though I would able...
  9. Give me back my files you deleting

Give me back my files you deleting: You have been given a lawsuit for deleting my personal files. ***Edited for TOU/COC violation*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/give-me-back-my-files-you-deleting/5e259e6d-da90-49ab-9f5a-dd902f62fc43
  10. deleting old OS files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting old OS files: Hi there I just moved my OS from my SSD to my M.2 SSD using Samsung magician everything worked fine and windows is booting from the new drive but all the files are still on the original SSD would it be okay to delete everything from that drive and just have the files on...