Windows 10: Does Windows 10 have a recovery solution like Windows 7 had?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 have a recovery solution like Windows 7 had? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've never liked relying on a recovery partition so under Windows 7 I'd make recovery disks then, when the hard drive failed, I'd install a new (blank)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pchelp, Oct 18, 2015.

1. pchelp Win User

Does Windows 10 have a recovery solution like Windows 7 had?

I've never liked relying on a recovery partition so under Windows 7 I'd make recovery disks then, when the hard drive failed, I'd install a new (blank) hard drive, boot from the recovery disks, and restore the PC to 'factory condition'.

It appears that Windows 10's recovery drive can't do that even if you check 'back up system files to recovery drive'. (It makes sense if you read it carefully. 'system files' isn't the same thing as 'system image'.)

Is there something in Windows 10 that can do what I'm trying to do or is this something else Microsoft removed?

Thanks.

:)

pchelp, Oct 18, 2015

2. Unable to create a recovery drive on windows 10

Hi every one,

I upgrade to the free version of windows 10 from windows 7 and I tried to create a recovery drive. I get this message every time I tried "unable to create a recovery drive on windows 10, I have use a external drive of 1000 Gb and 8 GB usb. does some one
    have a solution?.

MartinArellano, Oct 18, 2015
  3. last Windows 10 update

Why does Windows 10 look like Windows 7 after last update?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

christinejones6184, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

It is supposed to...

Control Panel > Recovery > Create a recovery drive

5. pchelp Win User
    It doesn't. It appears to contain software to restore from a system image but the image itself must be created separately.

pchelp, Oct 19, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Most folks use Macrium Reflect the free version to make image backups. Works much better than any windows backup ever did.
    Just download, install on your hard drive, then choose "other options" from the pull down menus, than choose create rescue media. You can use a flash drive or your DVD. Users choice, this will make a bootable rescue disk, which you can make your image backup of your C-drive.

OldMike65, Oct 19, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Right click the Windows Start Button, select Control Panel. Somewhere in there is Backup and Restore (Windows 7). In there is a make system image option. I trust Macrium Reflect Free much more, though.

NavyLCDR, Oct 19, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Windows 10 Recovery works far different then previous versions
    Windows 10 recovery does not use an Image file... It uses the component store to re-create itself...

Use Macrium Reflect > Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

Like Mike said >

9. vags Win User
    It has, backup restore (windows 7) something like that is the name as posted also by another guy before, the same as at 7. I had use it many times and from recovery cd also.

vags, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 have a recovery solution like Windows 7 had? - Similar Threads - Does recovery solution

2. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really feel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  3. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really beel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  4. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really beel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  5. Does anybody have a solution?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does anybody have a solution?: My computer has 16gbs of memory and it is running Windows 10, it freezes everytime and when that happens apps and every app I use even explorer freezes and I’ve tried removing malware using tronscript, powershell, dism and sfc but nothing helps. I even am using my computer...
  6. Having troubles upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 on pc that previously had Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having troubles upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 on pc that previously had Windows 10...: The computer I have been using has had windows 10 installed on it before, back when the free upgrade was still available, but decided to go back to windows 7 for personal comfort. After using windows 10 for work, I have decided to reinstall windows 10 for my own personal...
  7. Windows 10 to look like windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 to look like windows 7: At some time or other I heard that Windows 10 can be easily made to look like windows 7. I would interested in knowing more about this. Thank you!! 116967
  8. Windows 10 to look like windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 to look like windows 7: At some time or other I heard that Windows 10 can be easily made to look like windows 7. I would interested in knowing more about this. Thank you!! 116967
  9. Autorun Prompt - Possible to have Windows 7-like?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autorun Prompt - Possible to have Windows 7-like?: I'm wondering if there's a way to do this... I set the Group Policy setting "prevent AutoPlay from remember user choices" - that way I get the prompt asking what I want to do when I plug in devices. However, since they changed the prompt screen a bit in Windows 8, I see...
  10. Does this look like Windows 7 or what?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does this look like Windows 7 or what?: Hi I'm done setting up Windows 10. I have all my software installed, my links all set up, and I've made a disk image of the Windows 10 partition. I removed all the app links from the start menu, and move the Feed Back Icon to the task bar. Does this look like...