Windows 10: Does Windows 10 Home contain the ftp server software?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 Home contain the ftp server software? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my windows 7 home edition computer configured as a ftp server using the built-in Microsoft ftp package. It lets me collect the images that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lennac, Aug 8, 2015.

1. lennac Win User

Does Windows 10 Home contain the ftp server software?

I have my windows 7 home edition computer configured as a ftp server using the built-in Microsoft ftp package. It lets me collect the images that my webcam ftps every 15 minutes. Then I can grab the latest image, add a timestamp, etc and send it off to the web with some other ftp software. The Microsoft ftp package is actually pretty good once you figure out the conventions.

My question: does anyone know if windows 10 contains their ftp software so I can reestablish my internal ftp site? Or do I need to go find a 3rd party ftp software package to install after the win 10 upgrade?

Thanks!

:)

lennac, Aug 8, 2015

2. Add native FTP feature in Windows 10 Mobile's File Explorer

I noticed that Windows 10 Mobile lacks the functionality to connect to an FTP server. This is unlike the Windows 10 File Explorer on PC where connecting to an FTP server is built-in and needs no extra applications to aid with the connecting. I would like
    to suggest native FTP connectivity a feature in Windows 10 Mobile's File Explorer, since it would be easier without the need of a third-party application.

It would be great to move files from a Windows 10 Mobile device over to an FTP server that is located at home or at the office. Therefore, I am suggesting this.

Lumia 625 user, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Disconnecting an FTP Server

Somehow an FTP Server has appeared in File Explorer (Windows 10 Home Pro), under "This PC", somewhat like a mapped drive. It's address is "ftp://192.168.1.70:2121". I'm the only one who uses this laptop, and I have no idea why this ftp server appeared. It
    might have something to do with my Seagate Central Home Server.

If I right-click on it, there is no 'Disconnect' option, but there is a 'Delete' option... which I do not want to use lest it's pointing to some important files on my Seagate.

Any advice on how I get rid of this unwanted entry in File Explorer would be appreciated.

Art

ArtCharbonneau, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

I can only confirm that my Windows 10 Pro has it.

Hydranix, Aug 8, 2015
  5. yes its available via command line
    or rather you can connect to an FTP, I am not sure about set the machine as an FTP server.
    TFTP is similar but different

ftp> ?
    Commands may be abbreviated. Commands are:

! delete literal prompt send
    ? debug ls put status
    append dir mdelete pwd trace
    ascii disconnect mdir quit type
    bell get mget quote user
    binary glob mkdir recv verbose
    bye hash mls remotehelp
    cd help mput rename
    close lcd open rmdir
    ftp>

cyberlunacy, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Yes, but you have to install IIS to use it, which is a bit of a pain to configure. You might just want to install a freeware ftp server, like FileZilla server.

Mystere, Aug 9, 2015
  7. I just looked and home does have it. you have to enable it under programs and features then add remove windows features.
    if you like the onboard windows ftp, by all means use it but yes FileZilla is a much easier way to go.

cyberlunacy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 Home contain the ftp server software? - Similar Threads - Does Home contain

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help Hosting FTP Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Hosting FTP Server: Hello guys i wanted to host an FTP server on my windows 10 laptop so that i can access my files on my android phone,can some one really help me doing that? I saw some videos on youtube it wasnt helpfull as they were connecting other windows 10 pc not a mobile phone. Thanks...
  6. Does anyone access to the Realtek ftp Server?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone access to the Realtek ftp Server?: Does anyone have the login information for this site: ftp://spcust@ftp3.realtek.com/Realtek/ I was going use it for my personal use/modding. submitted by /u/xJayce98x [link] [comments]...
  7. G6 FTP Server and Windows 1903

G6 FTP Server and Windows 1903: Since update 1903 the G6 FTP Server program no longer works in legacy mode (that is it can not send file list in CP1251 codepage) This used to work fine in all previous Win10 and earlier windows version. Now it is locked to UTF8 or something like that, and all Cyrillic file...
  8. Ftp server

Ftp server: Hello I was wondering if there is any app or a way that allow me to sharing files with computers that are not on my network. 112192
  9. Host FTP server on both

Host FTP server on both: I am thinking of making a dedicated FTP server to access files from anywhere, but on one computer it would be important that it still has access to the server, even when Internet connection is down. I know that I can connect the server PC to the PC that needs access with a...
  10. Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server

Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server: Hi all. I'm hoping somebody can point in the right direction, or walk me through steps to troubleshoot this issue. I set up an FTP server on a windows 10 desktop using the built-in Windows FTP service capabilities. Everything was working fine. Today I attempted to...