Windows 10: Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Does Windows 10 Home support two physical CPUs? Thanks 8841 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ivalls, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ivalls Win User

Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?

Hi,
    Does Windows 10 Home support two physical CPUs?
    Thanks

:)

ivalls, Jul 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 versions CPU limits

"Windows 10 supports a maximum of two physical CPUs" - does it mean the Windows 10 home support 2 physical CPUs, or is it like with Windows 7 and 8, where Home only supported 1 physical CPU?

JacekKrawiec, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 versions CPU limits

It is physical sockets. Windows 10 Home 32bit should not have any problem supporting the AMD FX 6300 with 3 cores and 6 logical process in one socket.

What matters is the number of sockets / physical processors. Basically:

Win 10 Home: 1 socket / physical processor

Win 10 Professional: 2 sockets / physical processors

Windows Server: 3 or more sockets / physical processors.

Bertram Moshier, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ivalls, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Windows 8.1 didn't support 2 CPUs until the Pro edition, so I would imagine that it will be the same with Windows 10. *Sad

Brink, Jul 23, 2015
  5. ivalls Win User
    Yeah.... thought that might be the case *Sad*Sad*Sad. I have a HP Z800 workstation with two 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Xeon and 24GB of Ram... but a Windows 7 Home Premium license. Kinda wishful thinking that Windows 10 would solve my problem.

Thanks

ivalls, Jul 24, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Usually that kind of set up is used for a Server, not for a desktop computer, unless you are doing some kind of CPU intense video editing, or using it for CAD.

Home editions limit you to only 4 GB of RAM. You would have to use a Pro or Enterprise edition to take advantage of that setup.

bro67, Jul 24, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    Not quite right, according to Microsoft:

Memory Limits for Windows and Windows Server Releases (Windows)

(No listing for Windows 10 yet.)

I was curious at to what crazy person would run a dual Xeon workstation but balk at buying a Pro license, but I see that the Z800 is old enough to be available cheaply in the used market.

The cost free option would be to run an Insider copy of Win 10 Pro. Such copies come with expiration dates, so you'd have to put up with periodic Insider updates to keep the machine running, but it's an option.

I'm not sure that it's possible to enroll in the Insider program at the moment, but I assume that MS will re-open that if it currently closed.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs? - Similar Threads - Does home support

2. Windows 11 supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 supported CPUs: My computer has an Intel Core 17-4500U cpu. Why isn't this supported for Windows 11 and can it be added to the list of supported CPUs? It meets all the specs and other Intel processors are supported....
  3. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick.Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else? If...
  4. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick.Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else? If...
  5. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported CPUs: I'd love to know know why my i7-7700K 4.2GHz processor is not supported by Windows 11, other than in attempt to force me to buy a new computer or processor. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and easily outperforms lower end supported CPUs....
  6. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  7. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  8. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...
  9. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...
  10. does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs: Hi, windows 10 pro for workstation supports up to 4 CPUs. what about windows 10 pro?Can I install it on DEL R730 with 2 CPUs intel E5-2609v4? Thinks Best wishes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 multi processor support

2. windows 10 dual processor

3. winows 10 pro processor limit

4. windows 10 two cpus,
  5. does windows 10 support two cpus?