Windows 10: Does windows 10 install media regularly updated?

Discus and support Does windows 10 install media regularly updated? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, When I first installed windows 10 pro. I used Microsoft's create install media tool and saved to USB. Now as we are regularly getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shanewatz, Oct 28, 2015.

1. shanewatz Win User

Does windows 10 install media regularly updated?

Hi Guys, When I first installed windows 10 pro. I used Microsoft's create install media tool and saved to USB. Now as we are regularly getting cumulative updates from Microsoft does the install media get updated as well?
    I mean if I re create the install media Windows 10 would it have all the cumulative updates in it?
    Thanks, SW

:)

shanewatz, Oct 28, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10

Dale, I would use the Media Creation Tool to create Bootable Installation Media on a flash drive, boot from that and clean install Windows 10.

The upgrade method fails regularly, the clean installation method is more reliable and your system will be faster and more reliable afterwards . . .

Please backup your data first!

DaveM121, Oct 28, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Does windows 10 install media regularly updated?

No and No. You can integrate updates into your iso, but you will not get that directly from MS.

TairikuOkami, Oct 28, 2015
  5. vexorg Win User
    Generally no, but with XP (and probably win7) some of the later dvds came with updates like SP1 or SP2 already on them. Normally on a clean install it's off to microsoft update, a hour or so and countless reboots as it brings it up to date.

vexorg, Oct 28, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, W7 was the last OS to see the release of a Service Pack and a latish release of an ISO with that one integrated too.

Since then the MS policy has changed, you now get updates for you current version, say 10240 with limited support time. After that you'll need to upgrade to newer W10 releases which are already tested as I write.

As for slipstreaming updates into your current version, good luck. You'll have to download one by one (if you can find them all) so I don't see the point for personal use really.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 29, 2015
  7. vexorg Win User
    I don't follow that, by upgrade to a newer W10 release, do you mean a full install, or just the usual service pack type update?

vexorg, Oct 29, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

All that matters is your Windows 10 build number, whichever way you get and install it.

CountMike, Oct 29, 2015
  9. RustyFalcon, Oct 29, 2015
  10. The ISO for Windows 8.1 that you got via that MCT was updated to include Update 1, it's now Windows 8.1 with Update. I have 8.1 and 8.1 with Update listed on MSDN too. I expect them to do the same with the Windows 10 MCT. Unless they just release a new build for the Consumer Release download. At some point it's going to have to be updated to stay current with what's running on PC's

alphanumeric, Oct 29, 2015
  11. That makes sense thanks alphanumeric. Was curious since I have a number of the ISOs downloaded over time. Since none of them are the same size, I was hoping that at least some of the incremental updates were getting rolled into them. I've got another Win7 to upgrade and while I plan to try Brink's tutorial on how to clean install without upgrading first, I'll download the ISO with MCT right before doing so.

RustyFalcon, Oct 29, 2015
  12. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Not that I noticed. The W10 X64 Pro I downloaded months ago is still the same size as the one I'd download today.
    That is when downloaded from MS' official site at least.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 29, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

I have ISO from every build since the beginning and there's no two of same size, some of them are downloaded, some made out of .ESD but all are single language, pro.

CountMike, Oct 29, 2015
  14. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Ok, I thought TS meant from the same build, same version.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 29, 2015
  15. My MSDN ISO's are dated, Release Date: 7/29/2015. I just downloaded the Pro ISO via the MCT, size is 3.26 GB. The one I downloaded earlier July 29 is 3.10 GP. Looks like something was added?

alphanumeric, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Does windows 10 install media regularly updated? - Similar Threads - Does install media

2. Windows 10 update does not install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update does not install.: Hi, I have a problem installing a Windows 10 update.My current version is the 1909 version.For a longer time I had a message saying there will be a restart in 1h due to updates which didnt disappear when doing so. It didnt bother be so much and I kept on skipping it every...
  3. Windows 10 update does not install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update does not install.: Hi, I have a problem installing a Windows 10 update.My current version is the 1909 version.For a longer time I had a message saying there will be a restart in 1h due to updates which didnt disappear when doing so. It didnt bother be so much and I kept on skipping it every...
  4. Regular update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regular update on windows 10: Windows 10 has came up with regular updates Which is good start but not for me I have a daily 3GB data plan and if I update Windows even once my daily data package Will vanish in just 5min and I would not be able To do anything after that So what do I do.I also have a...
  5. Windows Installation Media does not start.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Installation Media does not start.: Hello there. I’ve got a laptop of my own and haven’t been able to upgrade my rig to the windows 10 operating software. When trying to start the program (windows installation media), there is a pop-up reading: “Windows” with the icon but nothing happens after that. As I try to...
  6. Regular update on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular update on windows 10: I have a severe sound problems on windows 10. When trying to play videos on youtube, it can't play. Youtube suggesting to restart the device. I am really having troubles. Please fix these ASAP....
  7. Regularity of Windows updates

Regularity of Windows updates: Hi, How often does Windows check for updates as of Feature update 1903? Mainly patches and security fixes. I have found answers, but none that are sourced from Microsoft....
  8. Why does Windows update install intel media drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Windows update install intel media drivers: First time I'm seeing these two updates pushed. I'm not using any Intel GPU. Why does Windows update push these? [img] 132465
  9. How to install regular updates bypassing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install regular updates bypassing Windows 10: When I open my Windows Update, the Upgrade to Windows 10 is there ready for me to download. It has a button saying "Get Started". I checked to see what available updates are ready for me and it shows I have about 8 Windows 7 updates to be installed. How do I get around the...
  10. Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates

Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates: I am tired of installing Windows and then spending the rest of the day while the pc goes through all the updates. I was hoping the media creator tool would do this but there is no mention of updates. 94812