Windows 10: Does Windows 10 Mail spy on us?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 Mail spy on us? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I like the new GUI of all Windows 10 apps. I would really like to use Windows 10 mail app (heck, even sexy Cortana too), but I really don't want my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Probe, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Probe Win User

Does Windows 10 Mail spy on us?

I like the new GUI of all Windows 10 apps. I would really like to use Windows 10 mail app (heck, even sexy Cortana too), but I really don't want my conversations being recorded, whether spoken or typed, by Microsoft.

Privacy is the only thing holding me back from using Windows 10 mail. Are there others that feel the same way?

It's really getting old (along with the GUI) using Thunderbird. Looks like it belongs with Windows 95, I'm sorry.

:)

Probe, Apr 8, 2017
  2. inu inu Win User

Windows 10 Mail app not syncing

i recomand to go back to windows 8.1 or 7 the windows 10 is with new terms and they spy on you

i dont have anything to hide but i dont like have microsoft see every password, mail, bank....... i have on pc

Windows 10 = useless, spy, is not good for anything to protect yours pc

inu inu, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 & 8 Worst OS EVER Been made from Microsoft . Shame on you to Destroy Windows History

Windows 10 is a horrible abomination of an OS.

Fortunately Ubuntu is FREE and does not spy on you.

PropterHawk, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

You do realize that all your conversations are being recorded anyways by the governments of the world (including the US.) Also, all the major email providers keep archives of all your email for legal purposes. If you have your own email server (which is becoming harder and hard to do, due to blacklists and spam rules which block email servers on consumer networks) then you might have a little less to worry about, but it's still done.

The LAST thing you need to worry bout is your email client recording you.

Mystere, Apr 9, 2017
  5. anonjwm Win User
    While that is true, he still has the right to privacy. To answer your question, yes it's going to spy on you, just like most email and websites do.

anonjwm, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Use thunderbird encrypt your emails, or protonmail for webmail.

Problem is most people simply dont care about their privacy and the ones that do are ignored anyway.
    So if you dont like being snooped on, do something about it *Wink

positronic, Apr 10, 2017
  7. Mystere Win User
    A right to privacy does not exist on the internet. In fact, the US Government just rescinded all Internet Privacy rights, allowing ISP's to sell any and all of your internet data to anyone they want.

It really makes me wonder about the logical reasoning of human beings when they worry that their computer or their phone or their TV's more than they worry about the flood of privacy violation once your data leaves your home.

IF, and I do mean IF, your data were secure on the internet, then you might have some realistic concern that your devices may be spying on you, but at this point it's really just so much easier to record everyone's data on the backbone and sort out whatever you want.

And i'm not being paranoid either. This is just reality. Everything we do is monitored and collected. Not just on the internet. I'm resigned to the fact that if we want privacy and security, it's up to us to be vigilant about our own information, since it's too profitable to trust it to anyone else. And it will take a long time to get everyone else on board with that.

Mystere, Apr 10, 2017
  8. Probe Win User

Let me break it down a little more then. If I use Windows 10 mail app for a Yahoo mail account, will MS read my Yahoo email since I'm using Microsofts app? If I'm using Hotmail, Outlook.com, etc, I would expect Win 10 mail app to scan my email since they are the email provider.

I think I trust Tbird over Win 10 mail app, when it comes to third party email accounts, such as Yahoo, GMX, Gmail etc.

Probe, Apr 10, 2017
  9. Mystere Win User
    No, nobody is reading your email. Might your email get collected in some manner on occasion? Yes, as part of a telemetry or crash dump which MS analyzes to determine why it happened. Or as part of the spelling and grammar correction, which requires that what you're tying is sent to cloud servers that analyze and send back the correction data (the red squiggly lines). That data isn't saved and read by someone, but it does get "read" by a computer as part of that process of correcting your spelling.

MS errors on the side of caution in their privacy disclosures and discloses that data is sent for these purposes. But you can generally turn this off in most cases.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 Mail spy on us? - Similar Threads - Does Mail spy

2. Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?: I visit a specific page on my own website using a Chrome browser. After a few minutes, when I was looking at the visit logs on the site, I noticed a Bing and Yandex IP that visited the exact same page I visited before. This page was not known to anyone and I didn't share this...
  3. Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?: I visit a specific page on my own website using a Chrome browser. After a few minutes, when I was looking at the visit logs on the site, I noticed a Bing and Yandex IP that visited the exact same page I visited before. This page was not known to anyone and I didn't share this...
  4. Does it stop spying on me?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does it stop spying on me?: When I set to "0 - Security [Enterprise Only]" in gpedit.msc, does it stop spying on me and does it stop data collection? I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC version 1809 [img] 176919
  5. does Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does Windows 10 Mail: does Windows 10 Mail save the mail so it is recovered if anything happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail/acee608f-9f64-4c0a-a834-47e133c10b46
  6. privacy - Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    privacy - Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?: Whenever I connect to wifi, I hear some static or white noise in the background that persists at random times, turning off and on. I hear it on my headphones. When I disconnect from wifi, the sound desists completely. Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?...
  7. Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?: I'm installing virtualbox on windows 10, and will be running kali linux for Pen testing. With all the issues with windows 10 sending info back to microsoft about the user activity, I'm wondering if windows 10 can see all the actions being taken in virtualbox and is it logging...
  8. Anti-Spying Tools for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti-Spying Tools for Windows 10: I wondering of all those Anti-Spying Tools for Windows 10 are actually do anything beside give you a malware ?! I personally don't believe we can stop all the telemetry of Windows 10 but those who design those anti spying programs claim otherwise ..!!! what is your...
  9. Is MS spying on us in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is MS spying on us in Windows 10: Hi All, Wondering if anyone else happen to discover this. I upgraded the laptop first on July 30th and then on 31st I upgraded my desktop. Today wife was browsing Windows 10 on the laptop to get familiar and found a pic in the 'Photo" folder that was taken from the desktop...
  10. Cortana: The spy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana: The spy in Windows 10: Cortana: The spy in Windows 10 [img] Credit: Pixabay Cortana, Windows 10’s built-in virtual assistant, is both really cool and really creepy By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols Computerworld | Aug 15, 2016 4:00 AM PT When I first saw Mr. Spock talking to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does win 10 spy on us