Windows 10: Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got some ECC memory sticks from a friend that he said he won't use anymore, alongside with two E5-2690 v2 and a dual socket motherboard from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Minedark815, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory?

I got some ECC memory sticks from a friend that he said he won't use anymore, alongside with two E5-2690 v2 and a dual socket motherboard from Supermicro. I just want to know if Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) works with ECC memory and server board, I don't need full functionality but ECC.

Also I assume this is devices topic, please change if it's wrong.

:)

Minedark815, Jul 27, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

PQI Announces Lineup of DDR3 Registered/ECC Server Memory Modules

Power Quotient International (PQI) has released a series of DDR3 server memory modules in response to the advent of cloud computing. DDR3 Registered/ECC server memory modules are powerful additions to PQI’s Power Memory product range and symbolize the technical strength and product integrity of PQI memory modules for enterprise applications. DDR3 Registered/ECC server memory modules continuously undergo complete, complex, and rigorous integrity tests to provide both stable and compatible memory solutions that increase performance and ensure the stability of servers and workstations under year-round, high-speed data processing conditions.

DDR3 Registered/ECC server memory modules consist of carefully selected, originally manufactured DRAM IC’s paired with PLL (Phase-Lock Loop) chips made by a well-known manufacturer, as well as high specification PCB’s, in order to achieve PQI’s main objective: high quality. In particular, the DDR3 1333’s 32GB/s (tri-channel mode) transmission bandwidth server memory module is capable of meeting the most demanding server environments and enhancing the overall performance of high-end computing systems.

Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory? 139a_thm.jpg

Furthermore, to accommodate different usage needs, the DDR3 Registered/ECC server memory modules adopts both 128x8 and 256x8 BGA configurations and provides 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacity selections, each of which has enough power satisfy the needs of high capacity servers. PQI is fully committed to upholding the principle of quality first; in addition to stringent burn-in tests, its server memory modules have also been verified in various mainstream server platforms such as Intel, Tyan, and Supermicro to ensure superior stability and compatibility.

PQI DDR3 1333/1066 Registered-DIMM Specification:
    • Compatible Models: Servers/Workstations
    • Module Specifications: 240Pin Registered-DIMM with ECC
    • Module Configuration: 256x8、128x8
    • Capcity Selections: 1GB、2GB、4GB、8GB
    • Data Transfer Rate: 10,664MB/Sec (PC3 10660)、8,528MB/Sec (PC3 8500)
    • CAS Latency: 9-9-9-24/7-7-7-20
    • Working Voltage: 1.5V±0.075V
    • CB: 10/6 layer PCB
    • Warranty: Lifetime Warranty
    PQI Power DDR3 1333/1066 ECC-DIMM Specification:
    • Compatible Models: Servers/Workstations
    • Module Specifications: 240Pin Unbuffered-DIMM with ECC
    • Module Configuration: 256x8、128x8
    • Capcity Selections:1GB、2GB、4GB
    • Data Transfer Rate: 10,664MB/Sec (PC3 10660)、8,528MB/Sec (PC3 8500)
    • CAS Latency: 9-9-9-24/7-7-7-20
    • Working Voltage: 1.5V±0.075V
    • PCB: 6 layer PCB
    • Warranty: Lifetime Warranty

btarunr, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Workstation?

I would say you most likely don't need (or could even really benefit at all from) the workstation edition. Workstations one is for super heavy workloads. Microsoft describes it like this in their announcement about it.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is a high-end edition of Windows 10 Pro, comes with unique support for server-grade PC hardware and is designed to meet demanding needs of mission critical and compute
    intensive workloads.

Microsoft announces Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

blogs.windows.com/business/2017/08/10/microsoft-announces-windows-10-pro-workstations/

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 27, 2018
  4. Newmaven Win User

Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory?

Memory ID-ECC or non-ECC?

I ran it and got a "3", so it's non-ECC.

My workstation can take either ECC or non-, but not both at once. I think it came with ECC, but only 4GB worth.

Newmaven, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory?

1. Does Windows 10 Pro (Not for workstation) supports server board and ECC memory? - Similar Threads - Does Pro workstation

2. How many cores does Windows 11 Pro for Workstations support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many cores does Windows 11 Pro for Workstations support?: Hello everybody,I can find the CPU, Core and RAM limit for Windows 11 Pro but I cant find this information for the Workstation version.Windows 11 Pro2TB RAM limit.Supports two CPUs.128 core limit.Workstation?Best regards and thanks in advance,-JW...
  3. Windows 11 Pro for Workstations can installed in non Workstations without ECC MEMORY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro for Workstations can installed in non Workstations without ECC MEMORY...: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations can installed in non Workstations without ECC MEMORY without XEON, etc...?Windows 11 Pro for Workstations using rufus usb stick installation bypass, restrictions, can installed in an hp z440 or an hp z640...?...
  4. Windows 11 Pro for Workstations can installed in non Workstations without ECC MEMORY...

Windows 11 Pro for Workstations can installed in non Workstations without ECC MEMORY...: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations can installed in non Workstations without ECC MEMORY without XEON, etc...?Windows 11 Pro for Workstations using rufus usb stick installation bypass, restrictions, can installed in an hp z440 or an hp z640...?...
  5. Windows 10 Education ECC memory support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Education ECC memory support: Problem; I have an install of windows 10 education and I have no entries under Kernel-WHEA or WHEA-logger in Event viewer. Under identical conditions, memtest 86 will report ECC errors. Windows 10 will not. I'm able to adjust my timings to make ECC errors report, and I know...
  6. Windows 10 Education ECC memory support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education ECC memory support: Problem; I have an install of windows 10 education and I have no entries under Kernel-WHEA or WHEA-logger in Event viewer. Under identical conditions, memtest 86 will report ECC errors. Windows 10 will not. I'm able to adjust my timings to make ECC errors report, and I know...
  7. Windows 10 Education ECC memory support

8. Does Windows 10 Pro for Workstation support Unified Write Filter UWF?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows 10 Pro for Workstation support Unified Write Filter UWF?: Does the Windows 10 Pro for Workstation support Unified Write Filter UWF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-pro-for-workstation-support/ffd339da-af4b-45f1-bee0-84118b1484e4
  9. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations RDS support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations RDS support: Does Windows 10 Pro for Workstations support simultaneous remote desktop sessions (RDS) as is found in Windows Server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-for-workstations-rds-support/a00f4ead-0f77-46a4-9fd8-2afd04011feb
  10. Memory ID-ECC or non-ECC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory ID-ECC or non-ECC?: I thought I had 16GB of RAM, but two of my four cards are only 1 GB. I'd like to replace them but I can't recall whether I have ECC or non-ECC RAM. Is there an easy way to check? 84376

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro ecc ram

2. does windows 10 pro support ecc

3. windows 10 ecc ram

4. ecc windows 10,
  5. ecc ram windows 10,
  6. windows ECC,
  7. win10 pro ECC ram,
  8. windows swupport ecc,
  9. does windows 10 support ecc ram