Windows 10: Does Windows 10 support reverse tethering via Bluetooth?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 support reverse tethering via Bluetooth? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know that you can use Linux to connect to Internet via bluetooth on your Android phone, and it runs smoothly, more less, but Windows seems to be far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steffan, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Steffan Win User

Does Windows 10 support reverse tethering via Bluetooth?

I know that you can use Linux to connect to Internet via bluetooth on your Android phone, and it runs smoothly, more less, but Windows seems to be far more problematic when it comes to this. Is there such a possibility? And if so, how?

:)

Steffan, Nov 17, 2015

2. PC's Internet connection on Windows Phone

Reverse tethering was available in Windows Phone 7 via the Zune client. Unfortunately, its not possible in Windows Phone 8.

Fahad Al-Riyami, Nov 17, 2015
  3. i have nokia Lumia 520 and how can i connect,it to pc to use internet.

Tethering is when one connects one's computer to the internet via the phone using a usb cable. The phone provides the internet connection for the computer.

Reverse tethering is when one connects a phone to a computer using a usb cable and then one uses the computers' wired internet connection to access internet content on the phone. i.e. the internet communication to the phone passes through the computer. The
    computer provides the internet connection for the phone.

Reverse tethering is very useful when there is no wifi service and where there is no cell phone signal (or where cell phone signal is poor or data charges are expensive).

Reverse tethering +wifi sharing enables the phone to be used as a wifi hub by others.

Reverse tethering is long established on phones using other operating systems.

Clearly MS phones have the necessary hardware to do this. It is frustrating that reverse tethering has not yet, apparently, been sorted out by microsoft. I struggle to believe that this would be such a mammoth technical software task.

Any old name just to get me on this system., Nov 17, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Steffan Win User
    Steffan, Nov 17, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    EasyTether is safe - I think it only goes one way though - connecting your computer to the internet through your phone.

Open garden sets up a two-way VPN, but check in the settings to make it private. I haven't used it since a road trip this last summer.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2015
  7. Steffan Win User
    I cannot believe Microsoft didnt come up with a way to use BT to forward Internet to a phone. It must be quite difficult to do so.

Steffan, Nov 17, 2015
  8. nimnimnim Win User

I tried using Open Garden (opengarden-2.6.7-beta.exe from softpedia) with the current android app on my galaxy s5.
    The windows desktop app warns that it won't work well without wifi being turned on.
    And the app constantly reenables wifi on my phone.

I'm trying to use some reverse tether in order to try live with only ethernet and bluetooth (and gps) for various exploratory reasons.

Any clue as to a third option? I read that you might do this with a Bluetooth PAN (howtogeek) but found no explanation on how and I don't think I can use regular Windows internet sharing for an android device right? (The bluetooth network adaptor also is not selectable to share my Ethernet adaptor via, whereas the Open Garden adaptor is.)
    Using google and youtube no luck finding a tutorial for this. Closest thing seems to be a usb reverse tether with custom app and needing a rooted phone (howtogeek). I'm also favoring bluetooth here.

nimnimnim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 support reverse tethering via Bluetooth? - Similar Threads - Does support reverse

2. Bluetooth Audio Reversed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Reversed: i recently bought my new Asus Vivobook S14. When I connect any Bluetooth headphones the audio is reversed I hear left audio on right and right side audio on left. I have updated the Bluetooth driver as well as audio driver. Even windows is up to date. Still no change....
  3. does this window support hearing aids via bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does this window support hearing aids via bluetooth?: i have tried to connect my new hearing aids via Bluetooth to my laptop but couldn't find it on "searching for devices". what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-window-support-hearing-aids-via/9abde7b4-87b3-4f71-a499-46161f93beb9
  4. does this window support hearing aids via bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does this window support hearing aids via bluetooth?: i have tried to connect my new hearing aids via Bluetooth to my laptop but couldn't find it on "searching for devices". what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-window-support-hearing-aids-via/9abde7b4-87b3-4f71-a499-46161f93beb9
  5. Does Windows 10 support Bluetooth LE Audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 support Bluetooth LE Audio?: I recently upgraded to new hearing aids with Bluetooth support (yay!) and I've been able to use them without any issues on all of my devices except for my Windows 10 desktop. If it helps, my other devices are: Lenovo Thinkpad T480s (Fedora 31), MacBook Pro (MacOS Catalina),...
  6. Bluetooth Tethering not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Tethering not working in windows 10: I worked by Bluetooth tethering in windows 7 and it was worked very well. But after updated to windows 10 my bluetooth tethering is not working. All function of Bluetooth like sharing is all good. So plz rply to me on this problem....
  7. bluetooth tethering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth tethering: Bluetooth tethering not working on windows 10. There is no option of connect using access point. When trying to connect using direct connection it is saying successful but internet is not accessed and no notification comes in my mobile. Bluetooth tethering is on in my...
  8. How do I connect to internet via bluetooth tethering?

How do I connect to internet via bluetooth tethering?: I need to connect my laptop to the internet using my android phone. I've paired both devices and I've enabled bluetooth tethering on my phone. My phone is listed when I navigate from 'join a personal network' in bluetooth options in taskbar but I cannot connect using access...
  9. Bluetooth Tethering not working

Bluetooth Tethering not working: Trying to tether my Windows 10 1151 to my Android 5.1.1 device over Bluetooth. I swear it used to work before 10... Tethering enabled on Android. Devices paired successfully. On Windows - Clicking Taskbar - Bluetooth - Join a PAN - Click Device - Connect using... only...
  10. reverse tethering on usb port for android on win10

reverse tethering on usb port for android on win10: hello is there a way to share internet connection thru usb on android phone? i cant do wifi share, wifi isnt allowed in camp where i work. pleeease help me if you know how, i like playing my little game *Smile 15207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reverse bluetooth internet tethering windows 10

2. bluetooth reverse tethering windows 10 unidentified network

3. windows 10 bluetooth reverse tether

4. bluetooth reverse tethering windows 10,
  5. windows 10 reverse tethering