Windows 10: Does windows 11 laptop keep a copy of a file when it is being moved to save it incase a...

Discus and support Does windows 11 laptop keep a copy of a file when it is being moved to save it incase a... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was moving a large multiple split compressed files from my windows 11 laptop to my android phone, I left it because it takes long to finish. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZMonte, Dec 3, 2023.

1. ZMonte Win User

Does windows 11 laptop keep a copy of a file when it is being moved to save it incase a...

I was moving a large multiple split compressed files from my windows 11 laptop to my android phone, I left it because it takes long to finish. When I get back, the screen went to sleep and a recurring issue of my outdated graphics driver occured: screen won't wake up after sleep even with repeated pressing of any keys or power button. I had no way of knowing if the file transfer was finished, still ongoing, or stopped. Last time I checked it said it's an hour before the transfer is finished, so I waited an hour while the screen is asleep. My go to solution for my screen issue was just to hold

:)

ZMonte, Dec 3, 2023

2. not a copy and move any file USB to laptop

Hello Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you unable to copy or move files from USB drive to laptop?
    2. What is the complete error message you see on your computer incase if you’re trying to move files?
    3. Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this issues?
    4. What is the make and model number of USB and computer?
    5. Is the USB drive detected in Windows PC?

However, if you’re referring to transferring files from USB to laptop, follow the steps as mentioned below.

1. Insert your USB device into your computer.
    2. Open ‘Windows Explorer’ and select 'This PC'.
    3. You should see your USB device represented as a drive letter (e.g.: D: or E: etc.)
    4. Locate your USB device and double click it to
      view the contents.
    5. If your photos are organized into folders already, and/or you can see the
      folders or files you want, proceed to the next step. If your photos are not organized or the photos are visible, you will need to browse the folders until you find them.
    6. Once you can see your
      files, photos or folders
      select everything by clicking on the 'Home' tab in Windows Explorer and selecting the 'Select All'
      option.
    7. With everything you want to import selected all the files, then click the 'Home' tab in Windows Explorer and select either
      'Move to' or 'Copy’.
    8. Select a destination folder in the list or select the
      'Choose location' option at the bottom and navigate to where you want to move or copy the images to.
    9. Wait for the move or copy process to finish.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Dec 3, 2023
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Wozzer Win User

Does windows 11 laptop keep a copy of a file when it is being moved to save it incase a...

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Does windows 11 laptop keep a copy of a file when it is being moved to save it incase a... - Similar Threads - Does laptop keep

2. Does windows 11 laptop keep a copy of a file when it is being moved to save it incase a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows 11 laptop keep a copy of a file when it is being moved to save it incase a...: I was moving a large multiple split compressed files from my windows 11 laptop to my android phone, I left it because it takes long to finish. When I get back, the screen went to sleep and a recurring issue of my outdated graphics driver occured: screen won't wake up after...
  3. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  4. Moving or Copying Files

Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  5. Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1110Application Timestamp: e86d289eFault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1110Fault Module...
  6. pdfs keep being saved a .21 files

pdfs keep being saved a .21 files: i have tried everything. i have tried to reset the file extension by making a text.exe and pointing it to that. that kind of clears the problem, but a soon as I try to make another pdf, its back as a .21 file. **** is going on, this started yesterday and I only found out when...
  7. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  8. Does hibernate save windows clipboard copy file ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does hibernate save windows clipboard copy file ?: Does hibernate save windows clipboard copy file ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-hibernate-save-windows-clipboard-copy-file/fde1eb73-048c-4263-91b6-45f9141d8bd8"
  9. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  10. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808