Windows 10: Does Windows check the integrity of file transfers?

Discus and support Does Windows check the integrity of file transfers? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If I copy a folder full of files does Windows check the integrity of the transfer to make sure that no 1s turned into 0s or whatever? 77389 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by THX1138, Feb 15, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Does Windows check the integrity of file transfers?

If I copy a folder full of files does Windows check the integrity of the transfer to make sure that no 1s turned into 0s or whatever?

:)

THX1138, Feb 15, 2017

2. How to check the integrity of my WIFI Network adapters in Windows 10?

Hi Rose,

I am retired with plenty of spare time to check things out. Also plan now to buy a new laptop mid next year (DELL XPS 13 Intel 8th generation QUAD with Killer Wlan) hopefully by that time we have 3G here and a W10 compatible
    modem (see below).

Thanks for following up on this, I can confirm that uninstalling my network adapter driver and restarting Window10 always helps connecting to the internet and also PING (www.bing.com) times the latency then (instead of "request timed-out" or "could
    not find host"), same thing as Network Reset in Windows10. I tried the MS Network fixes but only Network Reset helps.

About the Wlan report that I generated as per your suggestion:

28 W10 capabilities are not supported by my WIFI gadget (modem), while only 7 W10 WIFI features are supported and 8 with unknown status. I guess time to replace my 5 year old portable modem (works great with Vista/IBM network adapter and IPhones though).

I did not see anything alarming (like errors or corrupted drivers) in the Wlan report other than that I don’t like to see these 8 Virtual drivers (and Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter?) and VPN ports connected as I never use VPN and have VPN
    switched off (also confirmed in the report). I decided to disable Virtual hosting to see if that helps with DOS commands

"netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" and

"netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow"

There is one peculiar item with the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter that has DHCP turned off while all my adapters and WIFI gadget have DHCP on, I don’t know how to switch DHCP on in MTTA or if this is an issue as I have TCP/IPv6 disabled, only
    have 3 network items ticked with standard configuration: Client for Microsoft Networks, QO S Packet Scheduler and TCP/IPv4.

Turned off power management in two network adapters (and Power Plan) as there are a lot of events with power loss reported just before shut down, possibly normal but just in case.

On the 23 sessions monitored:

Disconnect Reason:Unknown 4

Disconnect Reason:The network is disconnected by the user 7

Disconnect Reason:The network is disconnected by the driver. 11

Disconnect Reason:The driver disconnected while associating. 1

23 sessions: 48% driver disconnected, 30% user disconnected (60% because response too slow, 40% good sessions). This is how I feel about my network performance (±50% of the time I am unable to connect).

To me this indicates that my Broadcom WLAN network adapter disconnects when time-outs occur on the link
    but not Edge (see Event Viewer errors below)? Either by BCM hardware (incompatible module) or by the 2012 driver (out dated).

There is very little I can do more about this BCM adapter driver I have installed last week, I am looking everywhere for updates or a later version and find that many HP users with similar problems in W8.1 ended up replacing their Wlan modules (for
    IBM) or bought a new W10 computer. Broadcom support (Singapore) has not yet responded to my e-mail request (I am not holding my breath).

Regardless of my very bad internet link and outdated adapters/modem, I still feel that my connectivity with Windows10 Creator should be much better than 30% and it was, 60-80% before the recent Windows 10 September updates were installed………

I would like to share this report but I have One Drive disabled, if there is a drop box I can send it to or e-mail address let me know please.

Update 15 October 2017:

Found a lot of errors pertaining to Edge in Event Viewer but have no issues with Edge other than the above connection problems:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 10/14/2017 12:45:55 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Frank2

Description:

Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, version: 11.0.15063.674, time stamp: 0x59cdf6c9

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x4c143763

Exception code: 0xcfffffff

Fault offset: 0x00094350

Faulting process id: 0x1fd0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d344a6670090b5

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 75cb9489-6e3a-4593-b5f2-890e69345918

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_40.15063.674.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: ContentProcess

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-14T04:45:55.527210300Z" />

<EventRecordID>40065</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Frank2</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe</Data>

<Data>11.0.15063.674</Data>

<Data>59cdf6c9</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.15063.608</Data>

<Data>4c143763</Data>

<Data>cfffffff</Data>

<Data>00094350</Data>

<Data>1fd0</Data>

<Data>01d344a6670090b5</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>75cb9489-6e3a-4593-b5f2-890e69345918</Data>

<Data>Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_40.15063.674.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>

<Data>ContentProcess</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Update 16 October 2017:

Could not connect again and reinstalled my original, smaller, network adapter driver (2010) Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n/ version 5.60.350.11 (was 2 months ago updated by MS to a newer
    version 5.60.350.23 but now MS states I have the best version?) this time with the HP driver installer, and will try this for a while. Maybe coincidence with my internet link improving a bit but it seems to connectter now; when Outlook causes errors
    or I cannot Ping anything or cannot browse I just restart my laptop and that apparently clears the DNS hang-up or whatever my problem is.
    No need to uninstall the network driver or do Network Reset. I also cleaned my HDD, got rid of gigabytes of temp. system files and update records, maybe that will help.

Update 28 October 2017:

Got disconnected again (time out) and reinstalled my original Wlan BCM driver 4313 802.11b/g/n/ version 5.60.350.11, that MS updated to a newer
    version 5.60.350.23

Connect slightly better now and no time outs so far. Possibly the previous BCM
    version 5.60.350.23 got corrupted by the Windows 10 September patch or some TCP parameters in Windows10 changed in September?

Update 31 October 2017:

Connectivity is improving under the same bad conditions: Bad internet WIFI link,, slow latency (Ping) and many time outs after I unchecked the Windows (Program) Feature:
    RDC API Support.

The problem I am having is 80% the G-2G bandwidth of my WIFI internet with lots of time outs (drops) and (suspected) 20% all the recent TCP changes implemented by MS in the September updates. I tried to connect with a LAN cable to a new LTE modem and got
    the same bad results; my Ethernet module has 2015 Windows 10 drivers!

Update 4 November 2018

I have my system back to what it was before the September updates after tweaking my TCP parameters that look now like this:

Does Windows check the integrity of file transfers? [​IMG]

Later I also disabled Fast Open (not yet shown above) in TCP Global parameters and unchecked all Experimental Features and Local Host Looping in Edge with 'About:Flags'.

Frank

Frank in Abra, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    How to check the integrity of my WIFI Network adapters in Windows 10?

Hi Frank,

Intermittent Internet connection or outdated network adapter driver may be the possible cause why you're experiencing Network issue. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried connecting to another Wi-Fi and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using another device and connect it in your Wi-Fi?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues. It will ask you to choose the right network band for your devices, choose different network names or avoid congested channels.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

If it's on disk NTFS it doesn't delete original untill it's checked it written correctly

Samuria, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Does Windows check the integrity of file transfers? - Similar Threads - Does check integrity

2. How to turn off integrity checks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off integrity checks: I have a need to turn off integrity checks so I an install software from Siemens but when I type in "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON" in the command prompt I get the message "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or delete". I am logged...
  3. How to turn off integrity checks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off integrity checks: I have a need to turn off integrity checks so I an install software from Siemens but when I type in "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON" in the command prompt I get the message "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or delete". I am logged...
  4. How to check the integrity of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to check the integrity of Windows 10?: Hello. How can i check if Windows 10 is 100% pure and correct? Yesterday, I created a bootable USB drive with Windows 10, using the media creation tool. During the downloading of Windows 10, the internet connection was very unstable and crashed multiple times. I believe some...
  5. How to check the integrity of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check the integrity of Windows 10?: Hello. How can i check if Windows 10 is 100% pure and correct? Yesterday, I created a bootable USB drive with Windows 10, using the media creation tool. During the downloading of Windows 10, the internet connection was very unstable and crashed multiple times. I believe some...
  6. How to check the integrity of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Does copying files check for errors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does copying files check for errors?: Hi, I've always wondered, does windows check if files are copied without errors? For example, if I copy files to an external drive as a backup, does windows check if all bits and bytes were copied correctly? Old drives might have some broken sectors. Some 3rd party file...
  8. File Hash Checker is a lightweight program that can be used to check the integrity of files

in Windows 10 News
    File Hash Checker is a lightweight program that can be used to check the integrity of files: Have you ever wondered if a file that you downloaded is safe, or if a backed up file is still working fine and not corrupt? Sometimes you may encounter errors when a file doesn't work. [ATTACH] It is possible that the browser had been closed accidentally, or the network...
  9. How to check the integrity of a Recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to check the integrity of a Recovery drive: Hi Windows Community, I have created a USB recovery drive using "Recovery media creator" in Windows 10. Please clarify following queries. 1 How do I verify the integrity of the recovery drive? 2 I own multiple laptops from different brands with pre-built Windows 10 and...
  10. Check Windows Recovery Enviroment integrity?

in Windows 10 Support
    Check Windows Recovery Enviroment integrity?: Is there a way to check to see if the Windows Recovery Environment file is corrupt? 151757