Windows 10: Does Windows still automatically create restore points when installing

Discus and support Does Windows still automatically create restore points when installing in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade a software program (Hitfilm Express 2017) and failed (it gets stuck during installation and aborts). Trying to reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by THX1138, Oct 12, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Does Windows still automatically create restore points when installing

I tried to upgrade a software program (Hitfilm Express 2017) and failed (it gets stuck during installation and aborts). Trying to reinstall the previous version does not work.

I have sought help from the makers of the software and they could only advise installing as an administrator which did not help. Since I cannot install either version, I hoped I'd be able to simply restore to a point before I made that change. Doesn't Windows automatically create restore points when installing software? It used to do that. All I can find is "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" which does not have any restore points.

I really don't want to reinstall Windows because it takes a very long time to get everything configured the way I like (months of tweaking).

Does Windows still automatically create restore points when installing [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Oct 12, 2017
  2. DixitS Win User

where is automatic System restore windows 10

I would like to do system restore , but I have not created system restore points. I looked in the system restore and there are no automatic restore points. When I had windows 8 and XP the system used to create restore points. What happens in Windows 10?
    Are there any system restore points in Windows 10 ? If the system does create restore points automatically, where does one see those points? Because I do not see them. If I can restore the system to a week back , I will not have any problem with word. Please
    let me know where can I find System Restore point in Windows 10 when they are not created by me.

DixitS, Oct 12, 2017
  3. not creating automatic restore points

since upgrading to windows 10 no automatic restore points have been created. All services required to create automatic restore points are running. I have also created tasks in the task scheduler to create automatic restore points and still no automatic restore
    points. What am i missing to resolve this?

FrankRitacca, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Does Windows still automatically create restore points when installing

Think you can only access the system restore from the advance start up options now, I read on here somewhere that it doesnt create them by default anymore when installing programs just windows updates. someone may confirm a yes or no on that tho matey

kingtez1984, Oct 12, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    I found it at Control Panel > Recovery > Open System Restore. However after using it, my program crashes on launch so still isn't usable.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does Windows still automatically create restore points when installing

1. Does Windows still automatically create restore points when installing - Similar Threads - Does still automatically

2. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  3. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  4. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to create automatic restore points in windows 10

how to create automatic restore points in windows 10: how do you create automatic restore points in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-automatic-restore-points-in-windows/ef11cf1f-c6c7-4d1f-86e0-95b231353072
  6. Error when create restore point.

Error when create restore point.: How this error occure when i am createing access point.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-create-restore-point/1c6c732c-4d73-4e16-b71e-02783a8d9fd6
  7. Automatic System Restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatic System Restore points not being created: Did a Google search and did all the recommended fixes. Nothing. (Windows 10 Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.1039) 151119
  8. Windows 10 does not create restore points

Windows 10 does not create restore points: I often try new software and apps and I rely on System Restore to roll back after these trials, but Windows 10 seems to not only delete my restore points I make, but now the System Restore dialog is unresponsive and does not allow me to make any restore points, nor does...
  9. No Automatic Restore Points Created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No Automatic Restore Points Created: I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points have been created. System Restore is set to "On" for drive C: so that is not the issue. I can create manual restore points...
  10. Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 no longer creating automatic restore points.: Hello everyone. A few months ago I posted about how I have to do a system restore every few days, to which there is no pattern, to regain internet connection, even though it says I'm connected. I'm still having to do that; it occurs mainly after a driver or Windows 10...