Windows 10: Doing a new Clean install..

Discus and support Doing a new Clean install.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm about to do a clean install of Win10 again once I get my new SSD in the mail. I already have a image of the installation on a DVD from back when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seek, Nov 27, 2015.

1. seek Win User

Doing a new Clean install..

I'm about to do a clean install of Win10 again once I get my new SSD in the mail. I already have a image of the installation on a DVD from back when Win10 was just being available. Should I make an updated image from the media creation tool or is my old image ok to use?

Thanks!

:)

2. doing a clean re-install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per your query, doing a re- clean install will delete all the files, folders and application in your computer.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 27, 2015
  3. doing a clean re-install

if i clean re install will it delete my files and data from other disks too like F,G ?

MuhammadWahab, Nov 27, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I would make an updated DVD/USB.

NavyLCDR, Nov 27, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    The one you have is an old version, probably version 10240.
    The following Media Creation Tool will give you the current version 10586.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

You can also use the Tech Bench link to download the same
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

davidhk, Nov 27, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Doing a new Clean install.. - Similar Threads - Doing Clean install

2. Clean New Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean New Install: I recently retired and was given my work surface pro on the way out. I need to do a clean install on my Surface Pro as I no longer am part of the enterprise. I keep getting a pop up window stating I need to activate windows. How do I proceed? Thanks....
  3. Clean install to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install to new SSD: I just purchased a SSD to replace my HDD and I am trying to install windows 10 on the new SSD. I have the key, and the cloning didn’t work for me. I am just looking for a fresh new install on the new SSD so I can remove the old HDD. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....
  4. Need help doing a clean install on a new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help doing a clean install on a new PC: Hi, first of all i want to clarify that my english is not perfect, im from Argentina and im still learning. I have a problem when i try to install the OS in my new PC, when i turn it on it shows the logo and the text correctly (press F2, F6, etc). When i put in the USB and...
  5. Clean install to new drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install to new drive: I have been having trouble getting a clear result through searching. I want to reinstall/move the Windows 10 OS onto a new drive an SSD from where it currently resides on a HDD. What I can't seem to figure out is if a straight up clean install, setting the new drive as its...
  6. Clean install of a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install of a new SSD: I recently installed a new ssd for my OS, some a game and some programs off a USB stick. Now I have a two system reserved (D:) and (E:) with nothing in them, I'm assuming there is some hidden files but I'.m curious if I can delete them to regain the little bit of space (I...
  7. Clean install on new hardware

Clean install on new hardware: I'm sure this has been asked many times and I can see a lot of threads similar to this but each one had some different detail about it, so I just went ahead and made a new one. I'm planning on upgrading my hardware in a few weeks, specifically : Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E...
  8. Trying to do a clean install

Trying to do a clean install: I keep getting an 025 error about 60 percent into installing Win 10 on a new WD 1TB drive. I've deleted and formatted partitions, and only used the one drive, others disconnected. I upgraded from 7 to 10 some time back and that's on another drive but I want to do a clean...
  9. Doing a clean install?

Doing a clean install?: Then your old OS will still be legal. Why not partition your hard drive and keep your old OS in case of problems? When I had a shop build my Win 7 desktop, I paid a little extra to have them install my legal copy of XP on a small partition. It ran some old software that...
  10. Clean install on new SSD

Clean install on new SSD: Hello Everyone, I intend to buy a new SSD in the coming weeks, not sure if its a Samsung Evo 250, or 500 GB drive, To install windows 10, I plan to do a Fresh Clean install of windows 10 on the new SSD, I have seen so many ways on this Forum, on the best way to do a Clean...