Windows 10: Dolby Digital Plus disabled after Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Dolby Digital Plus disabled after Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i´ve just installed the new upgrade of Windows the Windows 10 and i just wanted to make my audio expirience a little bit comfortable and good, so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ITGuy56, Oct 16, 2015.

1. ITGuy56 Win User

Dolby Digital Plus disabled after Windows 10 Upgrade

So i´ve just installed the new upgrade of Windows the Windows 10 and i just wanted to make my audio expirience a little bit comfortable and good, so i decided to make some configurations in the Dolby Digital Plus software (for those who have Dolby in their laptops) and i was surprised cause it disappeared and i couldn´t run the software so i decided to solve my problem and checked every forum and couldn´t find a solution so i did it!
    So if you have the same problem as my, follow the next instruccions:
    1.- open your divice administrator
    2.- choose "Sound, video and game controllers"
    3.- choose your sound driver and make right click in your driver
    4.- click on upgrade driver and wait untill its been download and installed
    5.- reset your computer
    With this simple steps you could be able to open your Dolby Digital Software

:)

ITGuy56, Oct 16, 2015
  2. ggabunia Win User

Problem With Dolby Digital Plus on Windows 10

Hello. I bought my Laptop (Acer Aspire VN7-591G) With Window 8.1 installed on it. One of the applications it came with was Dolby Digital Plus - and it was an amazing product, it made my laptop much louder and the voice was much cleaner. But soon after
    the purchase I upgraded to windows 10 (in about 2 days). After the upgrade, dolby digital plus still remained and when it's turned on, it does work fine. But the problem is, it keeps turning itself off.

When I open a new Video File, when I play new mp3 File ,when I open a new Video - every time, it turns itself off and I have to turn it on again.

And when I play a game, it becomes really difficult. For example, when I open GTAV, it turns off dolby digital plus. when I minimize the game windows, turn it on and maximize the game, it once again does the same. similar things happen with other games as well.

Could you tell me what I can do about it? I tried searching for a new version of Dolby Digital Plus, but I couldn't find any download links for dolby digital. Then I downloaded newest Sound driver (for Windows 10), but after I installed it, dolby digital was
    gone completely so I restored the previous version.

I have a friend who has the similar problem with dolby digital after upgrading to windows 10, so I'm pretty sure the problem is not specific to my PC.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

ggabunia, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

I upgraded to Windows 10. On the Control Panel, both Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio are listed.

Neither one is listed in Device Manager. When I click on Dolby Advanced Audio, It says, "Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver". Clicking on Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio the app opens. Do I really need both?
    Both are listed on Programs and Features.

Polaris380, Oct 16, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Yes, Windows Update tries to replace old OEM drivers with newer, but almost always the new are Microsoft limited drivers, not OEM. Updating your drivers to OEM solves any problems.

spapakons, Oct 17, 2015
  5. sbstory Win User
    Same issue... get pop-up error after a minute or so saying Dolby Audio Driver not loaded.
    Did Conexant Smart Audio HD update (on LenovoG500s laptop) and chose upgrade from network (vs local). Win 10 came back and said my driver was up to date.
    Sound works on laptop so it's not a no sound issue... it's the dumb (or erroneous) error msg.

Not happy with Win 10 or Lenovo at this point. *Mad

Thanks, Steve

sbstory, Apr 3, 2016
  6. spapakons Win User
    You probably have latest Microsoft generic driver installed from Windows Update. As said before the Microsoft drivers are for providing basic functionality to your hardware (just play a sound). They never enable all features. Visit Lenovo's support site and see for latest Conexant audio driver for Windows 10. If there isn't any, try Windows 8 or 7. Anyone for the same architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) should work, even for Vista. Of course the newer the better. So install the latest Conexant driver you can find. Then use the show/hide tool to disable any driver updates so the driver will not get replaced with "newer" generic driver and miss functionality again.

I cannot make it clearer: An old working OEM driver is always preferable over a new limited Microsoft generic driver. This is ALWAYS the case for any single device in your system. Keep that in mind and you'll solve most of your hardware-related Windows 10 issues. Also remember that any driver from Windows Vista (sometimes even XP) or newer will work in Windows 10 (there are exceptions) as far as it is the same architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). So there is not absolutely necessary to find Windows 10 drivers. Try 8 or 7 or Vista of no 10 is available.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dolby Digital Plus disabled after Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Dolby Digital Plus

2. Dolby Digital Plus!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Digital Plus!: Hi again. over the years when I have done a big update like changing the version or reinstalling Windows 10, it kicks Dolby out saying not compatible with this version of Windows. Actually it was still there this time so I removed it myself. Having said that it still shows in...
  3. Dolby Digital Plus!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby Digital Plus!: Hi again. over the years when I have done a big update like changing the version or reinstalling Windows 10, it kicks Dolby out saying not compatible with this version of Windows. Actually it was still there this time so I removed it myself. Having said that it still shows in...
  4. Dolby digital plus!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby digital plus!: I never really know the best settings for Dolby digital plus. I do a lot of voice videos using my web cam and mike. When I play the recordings back, they seem nice and clear but on the low side volume wise. This is with Dolby set to "voice", if I change to "music" setting,...
  5. Dolby digital plus!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby digital plus!: I never really know the best settings for Dolby digital plus. I do a lot of voice videos using my web cam and mike. When I play the recordings back, they seem nice and clear but on the low side volume wise. This is with Dolby set to "voice", if I change to "music" setting,...
  6. Dolby Digital Plus !

Dolby Digital Plus !: Although Dolby Digital plus seems to be turned on I can't seem to get into settings anymore ! Also every time there is a "new version of Windows 10" it is removed ! I normally have to reinstall it again ! Is there anything better than this version and free ! My sound seems...
  7. Dolby Digital Plus

Dolby Digital Plus: Microsoft installed Dolby Digital Plus What is it? Any button I click, nothing happens on my BT headset's sound. Is it no functional beta software from Dolby Microsoft or both?...
  8. Dolby Digital plus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Digital plus: Can someone help ? I have downloaded the Windows 10 May 2020 update today. Each time I do the Autumn and Spring updates I get the same message "Dolby Digital Plus not compatible with Windows 10 and uninstalled ! The actual programme is still on my laptop but I still get...
  9. Dolby digital plus.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby digital plus.: My computer used to work with dolby digital plus and it's been a while since it doesn't work. It's running through conexant smartaudio and I'm trying to find a way to get Dolbydigitl plus to work again. I've tried to repair it but I get this. [ATTACH]...
  10. Dolby Digital Plus

Dolby Digital Plus: Dolby Digital Plus isn't saving my setting, so every time I boot I have to set it back to Music. it used to be fine, but since a reinstall of the program it always defaults back to voice. anyway to get it to stop defaulting back to voice at boot up. anyone know the reg...