Windows 10: Domain Account Locked Daily

Discus and support Domain Account Locked Daily in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Build 10162 and about 2-3 times a day I have to get my domain account unlocked in Active Directory. Has anyone experienced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bcrazycramer, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Domain Account Locked Daily

I'm running Windows 10 Build 10162 and about 2-3 times a day I have to get my domain account unlocked in Active Directory.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm definitely not typing the incorrect password enough times to get locked out. I think it has to be something else in the background causing this. Although, when I return to my desk to login, it's almost immediate that Windows 10 says I need to lock my computer to verify my credentials.

I don't want to reload. I'm running this with all my work programs installed and everything is working good especially the Windows 10 driver for 4K monitors. Besides this annoying issue, everything works good.

Brandon

:)

bcrazycramer, Jul 7, 2015

2. Active sync error with Exchange2010

Dear,

I've faced the same problem and then i realised the domain admins have this problem and i've read that for security purpose they wanted to seperate between the daily use admin account and personal account.

So please recheck if that user is a member of any admin group or not.

Mohamed Abdel Aziz, Jul 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Log-in Screen

Hello!

I have a Windows 10 PC and I have 2 users. One that is connected to a domain for example Usera\DOMAIN and one local. Every time I go to the lock screen where I should log in to an account, I only see the last account I have been

If I want to log in tot the other account, I have to go to other user and log in from with my Userb\LOCAL or Usera\DOMAIN. How can I see in the lock screen both users, to make my log in easier?

Thanks in advance!

DimitrieDavid, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Domain Account Locked Daily

If you turn off your computer at the end of the day, does it still have you locked out in the morning when you restart?

Mystere, Jul 7, 2015
  5. Dethul Win User
    I've also started notice this happening to me as well. It started on build 10162.

bcrazy, are you also running Office 2016 Preview as well? I don't know if it's the cause, but I had no failed login attempts when Outlook was closed.. but as soon as I opened it, I had hit the limit.

What is odd is this wasn't an issue in previous builds, so I'm not sure how much Office 2016 is really to blame.

Dethul, Jul 8, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Are you using O365 Exchange for the mail server?

Mystere, Jul 8, 2015
  7. Dethul Win User
    No, Exchange 2010.

I've been on the slow ring of Win 10 since the Insiders program started and have used the 2016 Office Preview ever since it was released (or the day after that) and haven't had problems until today.

Oddly, I've only noticed the lockout issue today; the past couple days I haven't (knowingly) had this issue when running 10162.

Dethul, Jul 8, 2015
  8. Domain Account Locked Daily

I am running Office 2016 as well. I've had the problem for a while now. I'm signed up to get the latest build as soon as it comes our for Windows 2010.

I was away from my desk since I posted this on here and when I just got back to login, it prompted me to lock my computer and put in my credentials.

I think I will close Outlook next time I'm away for a while to see if that helps. I kind of want to blame this on Office 2016 as well, but I don't know for sure.

bcrazycramer, Jul 8, 2015
  9. It is definitely Outlook 2016 Preview. I closed Outlook before I left last night. I came in this morning, logged in just fine. I opened Outlook and left my desk for about 10 minutes and still had Outlook open. When I logged back in, Windows 10 requested my current credentials.

10. Mystere Win User
    Have you installed the recently released beta 2 update for Office 2016 Preview? Or is this still the first beta?

Mystere, Jul 8, 2015
  11. How do I know if I'm running the first beta?

12. Mystere Win User
    In Outlook, go to File, then click on Office Account, you should see under Office Updates version 16.0.4229.1002. If not, then click on Update Options, and "Update Now".

Mystere, Jul 8, 2015
  13. Dethul Win User

Some more info on this, from my perspective:

Yesterday I uninstalled Office 2016 and installed Office 2010 and patched that, but still got the issue this morning.

I got the issue after unlocking my workstation. I don't know if this is relevant, but I didn't manually lock my computer; windows locked it after the 10 minute default it's currently set to.

Dethul, Jul 8, 2015
  14. Dethul Win User
    Another update: I can confirm that whatever is causing the issue is appearing to forget my credentials.

We have an intranet website that authenticates off of each user's current windows account. When I go to this site after the issue, the website continues to ask me for the credentials; windows doesn't remember them.

Unlocking my domain account then locking/unlocking my workstation does resolve this issue, at least until the next time it happens.

Dethul, Jul 8, 2015
  15. Mystere Win User
    Did you install the beta 2 version like I suggested?

Mystere, Jul 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Domain Account Locked Daily - Similar Threads - Domain Account Locked

2. Domain Locked Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Locked Laptop: I purchased a "refurbished" Dell 7420 from eBay.Worked perfectly until I installed Ubuntu Linux because I wanted to learn hands-on the OS.Now I am trying to revert back to Windows and did a full reset to do a clean install, and it gets to the "connect to network" but it does...
  3. Domain Locked Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain Locked Laptop: I purchased a "refurbished" Dell 7420 from eBay.Worked perfectly until I installed Ubuntu Linux because I wanted to learn hands-on the OS.Now I am trying to revert back to Windows and did a full reset to do a clean install, and it gets to the "connect to network" but it does...
  4. Windows Domain Account Always Locked Out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Domain Account Always Locked Out: Would like to get idea on how to check where\what software\application is causing windows domain account lock out happens very frequently every 30 minutes or soTroubleshoot steps 1. Unlock and reset password from on premise active directory domain controller 2. Reset password...
  5. Windows Domain Account Always Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Domain Account Always Locked Out: Would like to get idea on how to check where\what software\application is causing windows domain account lock out happens very frequently every 30 minutes or soTroubleshoot steps 1. Unlock and reset password from on premise active directory domain controller 2. Reset password...
  6. Windows Domain Account Always Locked Out

7. Domain account keep getting locked out daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain account keep getting locked out daily: Hi all,One of my user are having account locked out issue on daily basis, once per days and it always happen after he's back from lunch.In our environment, we have MS Exchange Email and MS Teams.In AD server security logs, it shows kerberos pre-authentication failure, failure...
  8. Domain account keep getting locked out daily

Domain account keep getting locked out daily: Hi all,One of my user are having account locked out issue on daily basis, once per days and it always happen after he's back from lunch.In our environment, we have MS Exchange Email and MS Teams.In AD server security logs, it shows kerberos pre-authentication failure, failure...
  9. Listing domain accounts on the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Listing domain accounts on the lock screen: This is on a brand-new install of Windows 10 pro. I have an O365 Business Standard tenant which comes with Azure AD. So all of my "users" myself, wife, 2 kids have domain accounts. When I set up Windows, I provided these to log in and added their Microsoft accounts later....
  10. Domain users are locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Domain users are locked: היי יש לי משתמשי דומיינים שנעולים לאחר שהם משנים את הסיסמה. איך בודקים מה נועל אותם? אין להם סיסמאות שמורות, רק לאחר מחיקת פרופיל זה יסתדר. תודה. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-users-are-locked/8d43b30d-e3a6-4a05-be99-57a2f8fbe606