Windows 10: Domain and Local account login

Discus and support Domain and Local account login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Provost, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Provost Win User

Domain and Local account login

Hello,

I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well.

When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have to sign out of the local account, then go to Other User and sign into my domain account. Is there a way to have my domain account as 'default' and not log straight into my local account on startup?

Many thanks!
    Jon

:)

Provost, Mar 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 local login

I am a IT director for a business. I recently logged into a pc as the network admin on domain and ran updates. The pc user logs into a local account instead of domain. Now they are not able to log into local account. The password has not been changed.
    I can still login on the domain. How do I get the pc to login locally?

JakkyAsonia, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Broke Domain Login and Roaming Profile

We had the same problem. Login the PC with local administrator, remove PC from domain (to for example workgroup). After successfuly removing from domain. Add PC to domain again using the domain administrative account. Restart pc and login using your domain
    user account.

Plippie Plop, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

If the domain profile isn't cached and you do that you won't be able login

Samuria, Mar 28, 2017
  5. Provost Win User
    On our other domain joined laptop, (ones without a local account) the domain account remains ready to login to. Is that cached?

Provost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Domain and Local account login - Similar Threads - Domain Local account

2. Created local account, but unable to login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created local account, but unable to login.: I am trying to create a local account on my Win10 Pro machine. I have gone through the various steps and have an account created, but I have no option to login to that account. I can see the user in Local Users and Groups (not disabled), but the name does NOT appear on the...
  3. Local username/profile for Microsoft Account login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local username/profile for Microsoft Account login?: Whenever I log in with my Microsoft Account to a new machine, it creates a local username and profile folder with a misspelled name (last few characters are truncated). (e.g. "C:\Users\willi" instead of "C:\Users\william"). Where is this stored, and can I change it? I...
  4. Local login visible on domain PC Windows 1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local login visible on domain PC Windows 1903: Hello, Since I've rolled out the Windows 1903 update to a handful of computers, I've come across an issue where a local login account is visible on the lock screen after the computer has been locked. Selecting the local account will not allow the user to sign in,...
  5. Local Session Manager and Domain Logins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Session Manager and Domain Logins: Bought two new laptops (Lenovo Yogas) both came pre installed with windows 10 Pro. I have two users who can log in to their domain accounts while on our network however when they go anywhere else it states that they cannot find our domain. Our AD is configured to allow domain...
  6. windows local account login poblem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows local account login poblem: [ATTACH] when I try to change my sing in method as a local account instead of Microsoft account this error was display. how can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-local-account-login-poblem/67fe6338-85a6-46ad-b2ed-74fffb3747a0
  7. Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin: Hi there, I'm new to the forum, so I will try my best to be clear as possible in describing my issues. For the past month I've been trying to customize the look of my windows 10 such as folders, start menu, notifications and uninstall of apps in powershell with the local...
  8. Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain: Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently. 1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance. 2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin. 3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on...
  9. Domain to Local Account Issues

Domain to Local Account Issues: Hello, one and all! When I initially upgraded to 10 from 8.1 I created a local account and logged into my Microsoft Account. I just recently used the Windows Server Essentials 2012 Connector to get on the domain at work. After all of that completed successfully I went to...
  10. OneDrive and Local Account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Account login: Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks. 11996