Windows 10: Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

Discus and support Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue. Once I login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by limbada, Mar 8, 2016.

1. limbada Win User

Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

Hi

I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue.

Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will be taken to the login screen, and when I select 'Other' to login with another account, it takes me to the existing user's password entry screen.

If I sign out, and select 'Other' to login as a different user, I get the same issue. I have to reboot the machine to be able to login with another user account.

I restored the pc to factory defaults and upgraded again, then rejoined the domain, but the problem is still there.

Please help

:)

limbada, Mar 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 Professional compatibility

Yes, it can, the last time I had a Server 2003 Domain setup and tried it:

To join a Domain, you must first ensure you have the following information and resources:

a User Account on the Domain, this information you can get from your Network Administrator.

Name of Domain.

Computer running Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise/Education editions

Domain Controller must be running Windows Server 2003 (functional level or later).

I discovered during testing that Windows 10 does not support Windows 2000 Server Domain Controllers.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/join-a-windows...

Andre Da Costa, Mar 8, 2016
  3. MadMup Win User
    How do I change the lock screen behavior in Windows 10?

I am on a computer using Windows 10 enterprise, joined to a domain. I am an admin of the machine.

In previous versions of Windows, when I would lock my computer (using Win+L), the lock screen would show my name as being logged in and have a space for my password.

In Windows 10 when I lock my computer it doesn't show my name at all and has both a username and password space, so anyone can log in (reminiscent of Fast User Switching).

Is there a way to change it so that I'm the only one who can log back in?

MadMup, Mar 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

When signing in to a Windows PC which has joined a domain with other than a domain account, you need to use a so called full username (ComputerName\UserProfileName).

Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching [​IMG]

In above screenshot example I simply replaced the default domain username with the credentials of a local account using the full username and can now sign in using those credentials.

Clicking the link How do I sign in to another domain shows these instructions:

Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching [​IMG]

Kari, Mar 9, 2016
  5. wyldman68 Win User
    Or you could use ".\username" for local account, without quotes.

wyldman68, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching - Similar Threads - Domain Joined Fast

2. Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen: Hi, I have HP 450 G6 and I had this problem both on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I deleted 10 and installed 11 as fresh new installation but this problem still persists.I have domain joined laptop, sometimes I need to login to other users profile so when I lock my user and try...
  3. Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen: Hi, I have HP 450 G6 and I had this problem both on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I deleted 10 and installed 11 as fresh new installation but this problem still persists.I have domain joined laptop, sometimes I need to login to other users profile so when I lock my user and try...
  4. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  5. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  6. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  8. Switching users with & with out domains

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching users with & with out domains: I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is there a way to quickly change from a workgroup to to my works domian so that I can access my work files and printers?...
  9. Fast User Switching disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fast User Switching disappeared: I have two users on my Windows 10 Home I used to be able to switch users very quickly, by either using the start menu, control-alt-delete, or ALT-F4 because there would be a "Switch Users" selection that puts me back into the login screen. And in the login screen, the two...
  10. Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have more than one user account on your PC, Fast User Switching is an easy way for you to switch between accounts or for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fast user switching windows 10 domain

2. windows 10 does joinging to domain disable fast user switching

3. fast user switching domain

4. can you use fast user switching on domain>=,
  5. windows 10 problem switching users,
  6. windows 10 domain fast user switching,
  7. fast user switching in domain