Windows 10: domain server problems

Discus and support domain server problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had windows 10 a couple weeks and if this issue had not starter a week before that I would blame 10. My internet cuts off at random times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wood, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Wood Win User

domain server problems

I have had windows 10 a couple weeks and if this issue had not starter a week before that I would blame 10.
    My internet cuts off at random times, sometimes just for seconds and sometimes I have to turn off modem and restart.
    At first the troubleshooter said dns problems, then lately it actually says turn off modem and turn it back on.
    This always works although sometimes I have to do it twice.
    Also I play online chess at icc and fics, live time, lately my pieces have been dropping before I let go of mouse, I am not looking forward to calling Verizon tech but I will have to if it gets worse, usually on once every couple of days for restarting modem buy chess moves happen often.
    Are there any answers other than calling Verizon dsl support.

:)

Wood, Oct 6, 2015
  2. simonrl Win User

Windows Phone 7 and Outlook Sync

I've already entered the domain name in the domain box, with and without .local suffix.

I've tried it with:

domain name entered into the domain box

domain name not entered into the domain box

server name fully qualified dns name

server name as just the actual name

SSL both ticked and not ticked.

And every single possible combination of the above!

It doesn't work.

simonrl, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro & Changing Domains

Have recently put in new server and started moving users over to the new server/domain.

All pc's are running Win10Pro. Half of the users moved seamlessly, no problems whatsoever, connecting and logging in on the domain perfectly.

The other half, all have the same problem. The domain administrator account logs in okay, but the icons and Start button do not work correctly. When one of the users logs in on the domain, it automatically signs them in and then signs them out. My
    only resolution at this time is to change their domain back to the old server, and everything works as it did before.

This appears to be some kind of Account User Profile issue... any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated!

PracticeZenToday, Oct 6, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

domain server problems

Is your desktop connected directly to the modem, or is there a router in-between? If you have a router, try removing that and connect directly to the modem. If there's no router, it sounds like you may need a new modem.

simrick, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

domain server problems

1. domain server problems - Similar Threads - domain server problems

2. Problems with EFS on a shared folder of a domain file server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with EFS on a shared folder of a domain file server: hi, I have a physical machine with Windows 2019 srv std on which, using the Hyper-virtualization platform, I have 2 servers with Windows 2022 std server operating system: one acting as a domain controller and the other acting as a file server.On the file server I have a...
  3. Problems with EFS on a shared folder of a domain file server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with EFS on a shared folder of a domain file server: hi, I have a physical machine with Windows 2019 srv std on which, using the Hyper-virtualization platform, I have 2 servers with Windows 2022 std server operating system: one acting as a domain controller and the other acting as a file server.On the file server I have a...
  4. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  5. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  6. How to create a domain on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to create a domain on Windows Server: This guide is especially made for server admins and people who want to create a domain at their office, company or university. We will teach you how to create a domain and add users to it step by step, but first, read the next section if you want to know what exactly a...
  7. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  8. no domain servers available message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    no domain servers available message: windows 10 pc that has joined a domain working at home, switching between domain users gives problem. pc has been removed and added to the domein, problem persists. while at the logon screen vpn is not available. users gets error "no domain servers available" when...
  9. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  10. cannot join domain on server 2003

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot join domain on server 2003: Hi all, since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label). On June 2018 some updates was released in Win10 1709 and since then it is not possible to connect to domain too. The only solution is clean installation of...