Windows 10: Domain to Local Account Issues

Discus and support Domain to Local Account Issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, one and all! When I initially upgraded to 10 from 8.1 I created a local account and logged into my Microsoft Account. I just recently used... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by moverholt31, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Domain to Local Account Issues

Hello, one and all!

When I initially upgraded to 10 from 8.1 I created a local account and logged into my Microsoft Account. I just recently used the Windows Server Essentials 2012 Connector to get on the domain at work. After all of that completed successfully I went to log in to my Microsoft Account through Cortana and was told that my Microsoft Account was already being used on this machine. I tried to log back on to the local account so that I could log out of the Microsoft Account but it wouldn't let me log on to the local account. Holy Cow that sentence was a mouthful!

I need to figure out how to get my domain account associated with my Microsoft Account.

Thank you in advance for the help!

:)

moverholt31, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Jerry Arp Win User

Windows 10 apps will not open

So I understand that if you're logged in as the local administrator that you can't use the Windows 10 apps. Problem is I'm logged in as a domain user and I'm getting the same error. Just to clarify, my domain user account is added as a local admin on my
    workstation. Is this what is causing this? All users are local administrators on their workstations and all users running Windows 10 are having this issue.

I also use Windows 10 with a domain account (different domain), and as before my domain account is added to the local machine as a local administrator. I do not have this problem. I'm confused :-/

Jerry Arp, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Start Menu Not working after November 10 update

Hi,

My local admin was already enabled and the start menu does work for that account (that's how i removed my original profile, logging it as that account). This computer is joined to a domain, it seems to be a problem with domain logins only. My domain login
    is set to a local admin to the computer as well, but i still have issues with the menu.

KrisWasilka, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Domain to Local Account Issues

1. Domain to Local Account Issues - Similar Threads - Domain Local Account

2. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  3. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  4. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain: Hi there,I have a windows 10 computer and the initial account is a local account.I signed in with my personal Microsoft accountshows in Settings->accounts and the computer account joined my company domain.Currently, my login is still the local profile and local password...
  6. Local domain credentials issue after connecting to different domain via VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local domain credentials issue after connecting to different domain via VPN: Hello I have finally discovered why I sometimes have issues connecting to local resources. I am presently working from home. I establish a VPN connection to my work network located at our office and then use Remote Desktop to connect to my PC - mydomain\myname While...
  7. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  8. Issues with Local Users and Domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Local Users and Domain: Hi All New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong. I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the primary user account for a Windows 10 PC, but it would appear that the PC was a part of a domain which has restricted access to...
  9. Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin: Hi there, I'm new to the forum, so I will try my best to be clear as possible in describing my issues. For the past month I've been trying to customize the look of my windows 10 such as folders, start menu, notifications and uninstall of apps in powershell with the local...
  10. Domain and Local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...