Windows 10: Domain User losing libraries, "location not available"

Discus and support Domain User losing libraries, "location not available" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Ten Forums, User reported the issue via Skype after failing to open an excel spreadsheet from a network drive and moments later clarified their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ITApprentice, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Domain User losing libraries, "location not available"

Hi Ten Forums,

User reported the issue via Skype after failing to open an excel spreadsheet from a network drive and moments later clarified their windows libraries (i.e. Downloads, Documents, ..) vanished. They recently have been moved onto a Windows 10 box from Windows 7 following their libraries disappearing all of the time:

Domain User losing libraries, "location not available" [​IMG]

It was thought to be legacy software (AudoCAD Inventor 2010) causing the issue, but problems have continued after the move. The user has had a problem with every system she has been allocated (more than anyone else in our business).

What's been done

• Restored missing folders manually - but they keep getting lost

• Deployed Inventor onto another PC and end user now remote desktops (rules out issue with SW)
    • Revoked Admin Access but folders kept getting deleted (rules out user deletion)
    • Checked for profile corruption in reg-edit (no issues - not using a temp profile etc.)
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

• Navigated to:C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile and only found "APPDATA", copied missing folders from C:\users\Default\. - I re-created the user libraries again after this.
    • User is in the same OU as their computer in Active Directory. Group Policy is Up-to-Date.
    • Issue still not resolved *Sad

Event Logs

Type Level Date/Time Source Event ID Info System Warning 30/05/2017 10:09 FilterManager 4 File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎15T17:42:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor. System Error 30/05/2017 10:03 DistributedCOM 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. System Warning 30/05/2017 09:31 FilterManager 4 File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎15T17:42:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor. Application Error 26/05/2017 16:57 Apps 5973 Activation of application microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1 failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information. Application Error 26/05/2017 10:21 CAPI2 513 Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: Access is denied. System Error 07/06/2017 09:26:59 Security-Kerberos 4 The Kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server 1d074b$. The target name used was cifs/1d074. This indicates that the target server failed to decrypt the ticket provided by the client. This can occur when the target server principal name (SPN) is registered on an account other than the account the target service is using. Ensure that the target SPN is only registered on the account used by the server. This error can also happen if the target service account password is different than what is configured on the Kerberos Key Distribution Center for that target service. Ensure that the service on the server and the KDC are both configured to use the same password. If the server name is not fully qualified, and the target domain (..) is different from the client domain (..), check if there are identically named server accounts in these two domains, or use the fully-qualified name to identify the server.
    Apps installed

Windows Updates
    Description HotFixID InstalledBy InstalledOn
    ----------- -------- ----------- -----------
    Update KB4013418 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 24/03/2017 00:00:00
    Security Update KB4020821 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 22/05/2017 00:00:00
    Security Update KB4019472 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 22/05/2017 00:00:00

Many thanks in advance for any help on this strange issue *Smile

:)

ITApprentice, Jun 7, 2017

2. Windows 10 Upgrade from Win 7 x64 with C:\Users Junction pointing to D:\Users

Andre, I've been thinking about your answer and am wondering if "redirected folders" is the same thing as a junction pointing "C:\Users" to another location like "D:\Users". It's one thing to have a junction pointing "C:\Documents and Settings" to "C:\Users"
    but quite another to point all of "C"\Users" to another location. "C:\Users" is where all of one's user profile settings are located, not just libraries.

Bill3rdMaw, Jun 7, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jun 7, 2017
Thema:

Domain User losing libraries, "location not available"

1. Domain User losing libraries, "location not available" - Similar Threads - Domain User losing

2. Domain Isn't Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Isn't Available: I added a PC to a domain and was able to login in using an AD user account. I logged out. The next day I'm unable to login, I now get the message your domain isn't available. I can't login locally anymore either? I'm stuck unable to login to the PC. I'm also no longer able to...
  3. Domain Isn't Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Isn't Available: I added a PC to a domain and was able to login in using an AD user account. I logged out. The next day I'm unable to login, I now get the message your domain isn't available. I can't login locally anymore either? I'm stuck unable to login to the PC. I'm also no longer able to...
  4. Domain Isn't Available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Download location available for JW Library

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Download location available for JW Library: In my Lenovo laptop Model E-45 after Windows update it shows "No Download Location Available." Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-download-location-available-for-jw-library/731a8c09-eb51-4216-9986-e7b5effd5618
  6. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  7. JW library showing no download location available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JW library showing no download location available: go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!...
  8. Default Library location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  9. Redirecting location of libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirecting location of libraries: I installed my SS, put OS on it. Now I need my HDD to contain the libraries: pictures, documents, videos etc... I need a tutorial on that. 90134
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968

Users found this page by searching for:

1. domain login location not available