Windows 10: Domain users?

Discus and support Domain users? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by radamo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. radamo Win User

Domain users?

Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly?

:)

radamo, Jul 29, 2015
  2. iga usuf Win User

domain

what does domain mean.

i see this on my screen saying sign in .

this started after i installed windows 10.

i want your help.

iga usuf, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows Update stuck at "Your upgrade to Windows 10 is ready."

This is my issue, as well.

I cannot upgrade to a newer system because my apartment office is not well air conditioned. Getting a laptop that is any faster than this one (Dual core Intel processer Core2 Duo T5450 @ 1.66GHz/1.67GHz with 4 GB) is throwing money
    away, as faster processors with smaller microchips overheat quicker and fry their chipset. I have run out of options for business computing as a graphic designer at home. This is it, and everything else (5 other laptops) have died because the office is too
    damn hot.

I am also extremely happy with my authenticated 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and its capabilities on this Toshiba Satellite. I do not like or want Windows 10 (ever, no matter how much Microsoft thinks they can fix it).

My free Windows 10 never happened. I think I tried it, but it just didn't take. As I said, I have been through a lot of laptops, 3 in the past year since upgrading other PCs in the house to the free Windows 7 Home version. Wasn't happy with it, anyway.

The only option I have is to restart, I cannot select my Windows Updates or anything. Upon restarting nothing happens, but I do get the message that Updates Are Available and upon clicking it Windows Update appears and shows me that my upgrade to Windows
    10 is ready.

Now that the malicious WannaCry ransomware encryption is an issue, I am not getting my regular Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) security patches because this crappy Windows 10 Upgrade that doesn't even work is taking over Windows Update.

To put it mildly, I feel a class action suit coming on. Microsoft has left me completely vulnerable by enforcing a Windows 10 update on me that I never wanted, failing the install and now I can't update Windows 7 (and I grabbed the 'Ultimate' 64-bit version).

Obviously, I am not the only one with this issue.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate/OSUpdate

...means nothing to me.

I am guessing HKLM = HKey Local Machine?

OK, I Exported it as a backup in case it's wrong, then deleted it.

I cannot find KB3035583 when viewing installed updates.

After the reboot...

Domain users? [​IMG]
    This
    is what I see after each and every reboot, now.

As you can see, I desperately need this laptop upgraded so that I am secure and patched and WannaCry/WannaCrypt is no threat, but Windows refuses to update even still, though now it is not requiring a Windows 10 update, it won't update, period.

Domain Hostmaster, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Domain users?

It should, but I haven't done it. Give it a try and report back!

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  5. radamo Win User
    Actually just found a show stopper for our migration. The Cisco VPN client which we need for many of our clients is not supported in Windows 10. I see some possible work arounds but this is a major issue for us.

radamo, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    You just need the most recent client. The same issue existed with Windows 8. Another way is to use the troubleshooter. Go into the program files folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, look for vpnui.exe, right click on it and choose troubleshoot compatibility, and follow the prompts. Then reboot.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  7. radamo Win User
    Cisco Anyconnect is not the issue. It is their legacy VPN client which many of our customers use.
    Thanks...

radamo, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Domain users?

I would be highly surprised if any legacy VPN clients were still supported by any modern OS, because they most likely are SSL based (rather than TLS). SSL 3 and earlier are basically deprecated on all modern OS's because they are highly insecure.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  9. radamo Win User
    I don't disagree. But we need to be able to provide support to our customers. We don't control their decisions.

radamo, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    Nor do you control Microsoft's. SSL 3 is universally being deprecated, you are not alone if you forgo this.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Domain users?

1. Domain users? - Similar Threads - Domain users

2. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  3. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  4. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Server not operational when adding User to a trusting domain in Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Server not operational when adding User to a trusting domain in Windows Server: [ATTACH]If the Server is not operational message keeps troubling you when adding a trusted domain user to a trusted domain in Windows Server, then this post may help you resolve the issue. When you click Advanced in the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box in Active...
  6. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  7. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  8. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Cached domain user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...
  10. Cached domain user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...