Windows 10: .domino

Discus and support .domino in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday, completely out of the blue a large number of my files have suddenly had .domino attached to the end of them. eg general.pdf has become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wiggywaddy, Apr 30, 2016.

1. .domino

Yesterday, completely out of the blue a large number of my files have suddenly had .domino attached to the end of them.
    eg general.pdf has become general.pdf.domino.
    this has applied to all sort of extensions. .doc .avi .txt etc
    When i try to open them I get an adobe page that shows the message

"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open "Passwords etc.ods.domino" because it is
    either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it
    was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

According to the date modifies it all happened at the same time yesterday. The only thing I was doing at around that time was running a SpyHunter scan which has always been fine an caused ni probs..

There is no programme listed on the computer as donino and Googling .domino has got me nothjing but pizza ads

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

wiggywaddy, Apr 30, 2016
  2. MandyShaw Win User

Lotus Notes Traveler on Windows 8 Mobile ?

Depends on your version of Notes/Domino and whether your IT department will run Traveler support on the Domino server for you. It, or more formally Domino support for Exchange ActiveSync, is supported for WP7.5, WP7.8, WP8 on latest version of Domino. Note
    that the support is all server-side, there's no client software to install, i.e. no 'phone app.

See
    https://twitter.com/esolutionsltd/statuses/323855940401115136
    for more info.

(WP9 is a typo, obviously).

MandyShaw, Apr 30, 2016
  3. MikeZ_522 Win User
    Windows Phone starting to die?

Actually, the dominos app is only being abandoned in the UK...I'm guessing dominos isn't doing well across the pond.

MikeZ_522, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

.domino

A quick search reveals .domino file extension has something to do with Lotus Notes. I know nothing more than that! *Redface

Edwin, May 1, 2016
  5. Wendy D Win User
    My husband is using window 7 and the same thing happened to him a few days ago. The files are useless.*cry

Wendy D, May 6, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    I used to eat a lot of Domino Pizza in Toronto. What happens if you remove that .domino part from a file ?

CountMike, May 6, 2016
  7. Wendy D Win User
    I have tried removing the .domino and tried total renaming. No luck. Antivirus and antimalware don't catch it. Same as wiggywaddy, previous.

Wendy D, May 6, 2016
  8. .domino

Hmm, the only malware reference I found said that Spyhunter would fix it ... but Spyhunter was what you ran.

Search your C:\drive for domino.dll
    rename any found to domino_dll.bad ( you can rename them back if you need to later)

Do a clean boot
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    -> Restart

If found, try these three malware tools in this order

I don't think any of these will rename your files back, but they might clean up a virus.

Slartybart, May 6, 2016
  9. Wendy D Win User
    None of these worked. I have tried renaming, save-as. Nothing works.

Wendy D, May 9, 2016
  10. Please provide more detailed answers when trying to solve a technical issue: Nothing works tells me very little.

What did you diasble in Startup?
    Was ANY malware found in your scans?
    Did you clean ANY malware using the tools provided?

I'm not sure it's malware, but it smells like malware.

The following guide uses well regarded tools. The full suite of tools takes many hours and should be executed in the order listed. To avoid re-infection, run each tool followed by the next tool ... and pay attention to the instructions.
    How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)

If it IS malware - the scanners will identify it.

Slartybart, May 9, 2016
  11. Wendy D Win User
    Thank you for the link. I will go through one by one and report back what the results were. I always use malware bytes and no malware was found. But, as I said, I will go through all the tool. Thank you. (fingers crossed)

Wendy D, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

.domino

1. .domino - Similar Threads - domino

2. Server high domino gacor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server high domino gacor: Tautan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-high-domino-gacor/598cf45c-6af7-4551-9b18-5a24b8e6e095
  3. Server high domino gacor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server high domino gacor: Tautan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-high-domino-gacor/598cf45c-6af7-4551-9b18-5a24b8e6e095
  4. Server high domino gacor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Domino Effect caused by lack of storage, Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domino Effect caused by lack of storage, Help!: Good morning folks, I currently have an Omen HP - 15-dc0020nr bought it back in late 2018. I've been using it for years & it's been reliable, however recently because it's C: Drive only has a small amount of space windows has been hogging it. Because of this it's been...
  6. Domino Effect caused by lack of storage, Help!

Domino Effect caused by lack of storage, Help!: Good morning folks, I currently have an Omen HP - 15-dc0020nr bought it back in late 2018. I've been using it for years & it's been reliable, however recently because it's C: Drive only has a small amount of space windows has been hogging it. Because of this it's been...
  7. Domino Effect caused by lack of storage, Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Can You the Microsoft Employee Please Create an Domino Effect of Having Windows 11 be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can You the Microsoft Employee Please Create an Domino Effect of Having Windows 11 be...: I saw and see Windows 11 having certain issues. Considering that is the case, please have you the Microsoft employee create a domino effect of Windows 11. Having an new version of that's self being possibly named "Windows 11A."...
  9. Can You the Microsoft Employee Please Create an Domino Effect of Having Windows 11 be...

Can You the Microsoft Employee Please Create an Domino Effect of Having Windows 11 be...: I saw and see Windows 11 having certain issues. Considering that is the case, please have you the Microsoft employee create a domino effect of Windows 11. Having an new version of that's self being possibly named "Windows 11A."...
  10. Domino-effect on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domino-effect on network: Hey guys, So I got today this laptop from a friend, asus N53S. In my friend's house the laptop was able to be connected to internet through broadband and wifi. I came home with it and it couldn't see any wifi networks, even if my phone was connected to a network, and it...