Windows 10: Done with Win 10 revisited . . . solved

Discus and support Done with Win 10 revisited . . . solved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some of you may remember me and my laptop. Purchased it in Feb. 2018, took it home and all kinds of trouble. Apps and programs slow to open and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emtor, Jun 29, 2018.

1. emtor Win User

Done with Win 10 revisited . . . solved

Some of you may remember me and my laptop.
    Purchased it in Feb. 2018, took it home and all kinds of trouble.
    Apps and programs slow to open and even slower to close.
    Frozen startmenu, frozen mouse cursor, black screen etc. etc.
    Any action, and I mean any action, like simply moving the cursor across the screen or scrolling on websites would make the computer freeze.
    Laptop impossible to work with.
    Took it back to the store and they sent it to the service center.
    Result: No errors found.
    Brought it home,-same shit as before.
    So . . . I made changes to the swap-file. Instead of letting Windows manage it I changed the min. and max. file size to the recommended value and also chose max. performance instead of max. appearance.
    Restarted,-and WOW . . . everything opens and closes super fast. No delays, no freezing, even the start menu behaves well.
    Let's hope this continues . . .

:)

emtor, Jun 29, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Jun 29, 2018
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. gaita Win User

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-

Many thanks again Arc for your complete and detailed guidance.
    I will follow the steps you suggested.
    Once back on Win 7 or better yet on Win 10 I will mark this trend as solved/closed.
    Best
    Jorge

gaita, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Done with Win 10 revisited . . . solved - Similar Threads - Done revisited solved

2. AnyTech Revisited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  3. AnyTech Revisited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  4. AnyTech Revisited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "Microsoft Account Problem" revisited

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Microsoft Account Problem" revisited: I have recently started getting a Windows notification once a day, every day, in the Windows 10 taskbar in the action center at the far right of the notification area saying:Microsoft Account ProblemWe need to fix your Microsoft account most probably your password changed....
  6. Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited): There is a thread with this subject from 2017 that is locked, but not resolved. I have the same problem. Windows 10 is changing my theme spontaneously, particularly the window background color. Nothing else noticeable changes. So far, I believe it happens when I sign in...
  7. Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited: For reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/text-may-not-appear-in-the-windows-interface-on/ed1823d3-c82c-4d7f-ba9d-43ecbcf526e9 The upshot there is that Clover Trail (Atom Z2760 etc) systems are not supported by the latest...
  8. Win 10 reinstall bug [Solved]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 reinstall bug [Solved]: I'm having this issue. My PC was running slow so I decided to wipe it and start again. When it was installing the win10 again it got stuck at 64% and wouldant go further even after a couple of hours. Now I'm trying to do it off a usb and it asks for a key :/ I don't have one...
  9. Dual boot revisited

Dual boot revisited: HI In a previous post, with help from this forum, I successfully installed win10 64 bit (GPT partitioned drive) dual booting with win 10 32 bit on a separate drive (MBR partitioned). I want to change this to have both OS's on the same GPT drive. I created an additional...
  10. Revisit Activation

Revisit Activation: I need some advice. I did the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home the day it came out. Went like clockwork (thanks to the info in this forum). It activated after a few hours and was running fine. A week later I thought it was time to do a clean install. At the first...