Windows 10: Don't forget - useful apps on RIGHT mouse click on Start

Discus and support Don't forget - useful apps on RIGHT mouse click on Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. Don't forget also there are useful links when you use the RIGHT mouse click on the start window button such as Control panel, shutdown,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Don't forget - useful apps on RIGHT mouse click on Start

Hi there.

Don't forget also there are useful links when you use the RIGHT mouse click on the start window button such as Control panel, shutdown, etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014
  2. krg1605 Win User

Can't right mouse click on apps shortcuts

Hi Andrea - thanks for the reply.

In response -

1) No error messages.

2) It happens when right clicking apps shortcuts from the desktop.

3) Since installing windows 10 (i.e. no problem in windows 7).

For this reason can I also add that my mouse drivers are fine as some right mouse clicks are working fine.

can I also tell you that there are other similar 'bugs' showing since installing windows 10.

for example if I right mouse click 'start' and try to access some feature (e.g. select 'control panel') I also get the same result (i.e. nothing happens except a 'reset' back to the desktop).

however if I 'search' for control panel then click on the result, it comes up fine.

so as you can see it's not just right mouse click that does not work and I would suggest there are some bugs to iron out in this new version of windows.

krg1605, Oct 2, 2014
  3. krg1605 Win User
    Can't right mouse click on apps shortcuts

I cannot right mouse click any app shortcut in Windows 10 from the desktop. Alll that happens is that the screen goes blank for a few seconds then reloads the desktop.

For example I have a game (broken sword) with a desktop shortcut which I wanted to change to run as administrator and in 'windows 7' mode. However I cant do this as the right click wont work.

Any ideas?

krg1605, Oct 2, 2014
  4. topgundcp Win User

You can also customize the start menu to show the items:

Don't forget - useful apps on RIGHT mouse click on Start [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 2, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks -- good tip too. - My snag at the moment though is the menu text is too tiny to be of any use. When you change text on the desktop settings everything works fine EXCEPT the menu - text stays same size.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    jimbo:
    Did you try:

Default:

Larger:

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

There's no problem with Application menus etc --. However as you can see even from your own screenshot it's the START MENU that has the text size problem - not application windows etc.

(By the Start menu I mean the "Classic Start menu" you get when you click on the Windows button).

You need to test this on a monitor that has a decent screen resolution - even a 24 inch full 1080p display gives tiny text -- on the standard laptop (1366 X 768) you can read it but anything with a better resolution --forget it !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014
  8. CountMike New Member

Left nose prints on the screen trying to read items in that new/old Start menu. OK, my nose is on longer side but still......
    1920 x 1080 is resolution.

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
  9. Cr00zng Win User
    My screen size is 1920x1200, the statup menu is easily readable:

Cr00zng, Oct 2, 2014
  10. at 2560x1440 it starts to get a lot less readable, but I will be damned if I can get a image to show how tiny... No wonder folks are saying that Win8 on a 4K monitor is unreadable.

John Pombrio, Oct 3, 2014
  11. Ztruker Win User
    This is the same as Winkey+X

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2014
  12. topgundcp Win User
    Hi,
    You can also right click and pin to start but like you, I use Quick Launch Toolbar:

topgundcp, Oct 3, 2014
  13. Don't forget - useful apps on RIGHT mouse click on Start

Annnd ANOTHER Quick launch toolbar guy:

John Pombrio, Oct 3, 2014
  14. I'm another one who can't get the Start pop up font size that I need.
    Must be a setting somewhere. Well lets hope so.

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Don't forget - useful apps on RIGHT mouse click on Start - Similar Threads - Don't forget useful

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  4. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  5. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  6. right click using mouse pad etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click using mouse pad etc: how do you right click with a dell mouse pad pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-using-mouse-pad-etc/6ba8fd73-f788-46ac-a2a8-edcc4b8eaca5
  7. Right mouse click

Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  8. Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click: The right click on my wireless Microsoft mouse does not work. Is there a setting I need to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-click/7aeebcf6-760f-4e8d-90d7-023c6e2400c6
  9. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  10. Mouse won't right click on start

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't right click on start: This is on an ACER laptop. Fresh install (not upgrade) and activation of WIN 10 Pro. The mouse (or external USB mouse) won't work using right click over the start icon. It will right click anywhere else, on the other parts of the taskbar, on the desktop, in apps...everywhere...