Windows 10: Don't have Creator's Update Yet

Discus and support Don't have Creator's Update Yet in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I find it strange that I haven't been prompted to install the Creator's Update yet. KB4013214 installed about a month ago and I thought that was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dlwmacgregor, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Don't have Creator's Update Yet

I find it strange that I haven't been prompted to install the Creator's Update yet.
    KB4013214 installed about a month ago and I thought that was the precursor to installing CU.
    Is this unusual or common?

:)

dlwmacgregor, Jul 8, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

Lumia 640 XL Firmware Update

You have not updated to Windows 10 Mobile yet. Have to do that first.

Don't know if you will get a firmware update or not. Try an see.

The 640xl should get the creators update if you go to Win 10 first.

OS 8.10.15148.160 is 8.1

garym123, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Keeps freezing for a couple seconds and then works and does this over and over.

The Repair Upgrade in Step 3 will also update you to the latest Fall Creators Version 1709 (which you need anyway) f you don't yet have it, and by the most stable method.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Don't have Creator's Update Yet

Brink, Jul 8, 2017
  5. Thanks Brink. I was aware of that. My question was about why.
    Is this a widespread occurrence?

dlwmacgregor, Jul 8, 2017
  6. I'm kind of wanting to know the same. I got the privacy kb 2 days ago through WU. but no pop up to review them in the aftermath, then I noticed an entry in start menu, can't remember exact name but it was something like privacy settings. So I clicked it and the review privacy windows popped up. I said yes to everything and accepted and then it said some stuff about getting things ready in the background etc and I closed it. BUT I go into windows update periodically for the two days since and keep checkimg for updates manually yet no creators update downloading through the pipe! It just keeps saying I'm up to date and offering the odd defender update here and there. I was under impression if one got the pop up and reviewed then the creators update was to follow straight after. That is what happened on our other (non main) pc. As soon as I reviewed, I then went to WU, checked for updates and the feature update started its download and install. So where is the creators update on my main pc when I've done the privacy review? I know it can be downloaded/forced etc but really would expect windows update (as my preferred method to receive updates) should now be doing it's job and pulling it through.

Scottyboy99, Jul 8, 2017
  7. cbwilsha Win User
    I'm also aware of the ability to get CU manually. In fact, I've tried (discussed elsewhere in this Forum) through Windows Update, using Windows Upgrade Assistant and Media Creation Tool as well as a manual ISO and have had no luck . I get to about 33% Installed and it aborts with message "Update Failed".

I'm hoping (skeptically) that when tries through the MS offer that it might work.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Jul 8, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

Still no update for my 3 year old Dell Inspiron laptop.

Steve C, Jul 9, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    MS did say that update would be staggered over some month, looks like they are staggering it pretty good. For some reason I'm getting every update the minute it's released. Only once it was late but problem was on my side. Are you guys getting all other(than major upgrades) on time ?

CountMike, Jul 9, 2017
  10. Yeah, I get all the other patch tuesday-esque / cumulative updates straight away. I just found it strange that I reviewed my privacy settings after finding it in the start menu and that has not prompted it immediately to start downloading. Our other PC got the privacy KB ages ago and several days later the privacy window popped up whereupon I accepted etc. I then went in to windows update, clicked check for updates and it found creators and eventaully installed. But this PC, got the privacy KB and rather than wait for the pop up I saw it in the start menu, clicked it, this brought the window up to review settings which I did and it then said we are getitng things ready in background etc etc. However when I went into windows update I fully expected a click on check for updates to then find and start bringing in creators. However, nothing yet and this was a couple days ago.

Cheers

Scottyboy99, Jul 9, 2017
  11. Where are you finding the Privacy Settings in the Start Menu?
    As I mentioned before, I installed the KB4013214 patch for Privacy Settings mid June.
    I'm not "dying" to get CU but I'm very curious.
    Every other update installs without problems except for the Net Update 4.6.1, which, after several failures I had to install manually from the MS Update Catalog.

dlwmacgregor, Jul 9, 2017
  12. There was an entry in the start menu for it but as soon as I clicked it and went through the pop up review it was gone from the start menu . I can't quite remember its naming convention within the start menu but it was something like privacy settings review

despite this, still no sign of creators update!

Scottyboy99, Jul 9, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

The question still remains - why not just download the Creator's Update and install it manually? That has always been more reliable then waiting and letting Windows Update finally do it - most likely at the most random and inconvenient time.

NavyLCDR, Jul 9, 2017
  14. cbwilsha Win User
    They are under "U" Update and Privacy Settings. In my case, when I click on that, I get a flash of a blank screen for a few seconds and then it disappears!

C .B.

cbwilsha, Jul 9, 2017
  15. cbwilsha Win User
    As I mentioned earlier, CDR, I have tried literally every way possible and dozens of times with Update Failed at about the 33% installed mark. In my original thread about this on here, you helped me extensively but we had no success.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Jul 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Don't have Creator's Update Yet - Similar Threads - Don't Creator's Update

2. Why don't I have the option to install 22h2 yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have the option to install 22h2 yet?: I've already had it on my laptop for months but my desktop PC doesn't have it and the windows updater says it's up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-the-option-to-install-22h2-yet/0e0bdfd4-7d88-46f8-861e-7f2e90400e79
  3. Why don't I have the option to install 22h2 yet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why don't I have the option to install 22h2 yet?: I've already had it on my laptop for months but my desktop PC doesn't have it and the windows updater says it's up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-the-option-to-install-22h2-yet/0e0bdfd4-7d88-46f8-861e-7f2e90400e79
  4. update problems have not resolve yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update problems have not resolve yet: I havent update my Windows for a long time now. The reason is because it didnt work at all. I want to make my laptop updated but it didnt work on my end. Im not sure when was the last time that it make work. Can someone direct me to make my PC updated?...
  5. update problems have not resolve yet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update problems have not resolve yet: I havent update my Windows for a long time now. The reason is because it didnt work at all. I want to make my laptop updated but it didnt work on my end. Im not sure when was the last time that it make work. Can someone direct me to make my PC updated?...
  6. No Creator's Update Yet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Creator's Update Yet?: My Windows 10 Home laptop will be forced to have the CU but it hasn't appeared yet on Windows Update yet in the UK - I wonder why? I'm actually quite pleased since it seems a buggy update and I'm in no rush to have the update. 82161
  7. I haven't received the Creators Update yet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I haven't received the Creators Update yet?: Heyyy, I'm in the UK and my laptop hasn't yet received the Creators Update. I was wondering if this is normal, as I know Microsoft are pushing out the update in stages? Cheers! *Smile 87178
  8. No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No symbol pack for Creator's Update yet?: I help out over at /r/techsupport and this guy with a fresh install of W10 is having bluescreens. Problem is that I get WRONG_SYMBOLS no matter what when checking out his dump files. I tried .symfix .reload and it downloads something, but when following up with a new analyze...
  9. Creators Update - Do I have it or Not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update - Do I have it or Not?: I thought it installed yesterday as my laptop went through a fairly lengthly install process. The update history says feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 was installed. But when I go to system information, it says I have Windows 10 Pro 10.0.15063, Build 15063....
  10. Updated to Creators, should it have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated to Creators, should it have?: One of my computers updated to 1703 on its own. I didn't think the update was being pushed yet. I am sure I had not enabled fast track or whatever it was called. Is 1703 now being installed automatically? Or did mine go rogue? 85671