Windows 10: Dont have permission to view files

Discus and support Dont have permission to view files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam022695, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Dont have permission to view files

I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive

:)

Adam022695, Feb 28, 2024

2. do not have permission to view file

Hello Martina,

If you want to have permission to view the files, we highly suggest following the suggestions posted by Joy Kemprai in this
    thread.

Quite a few people found her suggestions helpful.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Unable to view transferred files on the computer due to file permission issue on Windows 10.

Hi Andrea,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Which photo viewing application are you using on the computer?
    • Did you check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing application?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing applications on the computer. If you are facing similar issue and able to access the old computer, check if you are able to view the picture files on connecting
    the external device.

If you are able to access pictures in the old computer, give Full Control permissions to the folder by following the steps suggested in the above post, copy the same to an external drive and transfer onto the new computer and check
    if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to view photo files on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 28, 2024
  4. meka() Win User

Dont have permission to view files

Dont have permission t o view my own files.

Recently upgraded from win7 to win10. Formatted my main drive (ssd) and kept my second drive intake, to save all pictures and files.

I seem to have access to all of my second drive except for a certain folder for some reason.

Says I dont have permission to view the files. I check the permissions, my current user name is on there. I compared the permissions with the other files i am able to open and they are identical. I dont understand whats going on.

I attempted to copy the files inside the folder onto another but it wouldnt let me copy it without obtaining permission from, myself.

Dont have permission to view files d5a41bbb-c121-47cb-82fb-5bf099ea0c88.jpg

meka(), Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Dont have permission to view files

1. Dont have permission to view files - Similar Threads - Dont permission view

2. Dont have permissions for files on usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permissions for files on usb: I have a usb that i keep a few important photos on but recently when i tried to to open them i get this message from the photos app on windows saying "It looks like you dont have the permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again" ive tried everything...
  3. Dont have permissions for files on usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dont have permissions for files on usb: I have a usb that i keep a few important photos on but recently when i tried to to open them i get this message from the photos app on windows saying "It looks like you dont have the permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again" ive tried everything...
  4. Showing you don't have permission to view this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing you don't have permission to view this file: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows explorer while trying to view photos in an internal Local disk D. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images....
  5. Showing you don't have permission to view this file

Showing you don't have permission to view this file: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows explorer while trying to view photos in an internal Local disk D. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images....
  6. Dont have permission to view files

Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  7. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  8. Dont have permission to delete folder.

Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  9. Dont have permission to delete folder

Dont have permission to delete folder: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  10. No Permission to View Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Permission to View Files: I have transferred files from my old windows 10 desktop to a flash drive for storage. jpg, word, excel, png, etc. I have gotten rid of that old desktop and am trying to open the files on my new windows 10 laptop. When I double click to open the file, it will give me an empty...