Windows 10: Don't know which Windows 7 Product Key has been used

Discus and support Don't know which Windows 7 Product Key has been used in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am planning a clean install on a new SSD. I've read that I have until December 31 to do the upgrade. I have used the media creation tool to create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jambe, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Jambe Win User

Don't know which Windows 7 Product Key has been used

I am planning a clean install on a new SSD. I've read that I have until December 31 to do the upgrade.
    I have used the media creation tool to create a disk.
    My problem is that I have a half-dozen windows 7 Home Premium boxes and don't know which ones have been used and which ones haven't been used.
    What if I enter the product key and it is one that has been used. Can I assume that I will I be given a chance to try a different one?

(Just planning ahead--I can't just do it right now since the computer is at a different location.)

:)

Jambe, Dec 15, 2017

2. Can I use my product key of window 8.1 to active windows 10 when re-installing my computer?

Today I have upgraded my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10. For now, the OS has been activated but I don't know the product key of my new OS. What if my computer has any problems and I want to re-install it.

Which product key can I use to keep my genuine windows 10?

hikarulight90, Dec 15, 2017
  3. MONEYTECH Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 causes 0xC1900101-0x30018 error and reverts to 8.1

I was told to reinstall Windows 7, then upgrade. I have purchased a product key, and downloaded Windows 7 Pro, which came with a 32-bit and a 64-bit. I burned them to disk, but mistakenly installed, after formatting the hard drive, with the 32-bit disk.
    It took the product key, but now I need to actually install the right version for my 64-bit machine, and the product key has been used, mistakenly. The ONLY way I got past all the problems was to wipe everything off, and do a clean install, but this mistake
    has nullified my purchase of a product key. If there is a private email from which the tech who reads this could send me an email, I will provide the product key I need to be reset, so I can install the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro. My intention, having
    bought both a Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (that product key is now "blocked") AND Windows 7 Pro with a new product key, is to get a good installation of either Windows 7 Pro OR Windows 8.1 Pro, so I can upgrade to Windows 10. Either the unblocking of the Windows
    8.1 Pro key, OR the resetting of the Windows 7 Pro key, would work for me. Until then, this has taken up days of precious time, and the product key server has not been kind to me... ;-)

MONEYTECH, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Superfly Win User

Yes, you can try as many keys as you want - just make sure you have Win 10 Home installed.

Superfly, Dec 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Don't know which Windows 7 Product Key has been used - Similar Threads - Don't Product Key

2. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  3. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  4. I don't have a product key for windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a product key for windows 7: Windows 7 missing products key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-for-windows-7/fb53be5c-7b6b-46d1-bbd1-665e3171611f
  5. I don't have a product key for windows 7

I don't have a product key for windows 7: Windows 7 missing products key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-for-windows-7/fb53be5c-7b6b-46d1-bbd1-665e3171611f
  6. The Product Key has been Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Product Key has been Blocked: Dear Team Support Microsoft,I have a problem with entering the original product key Windows 7 Profesional, I get a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Profesional system and, when I enter the original product key I get "The product key you...
  7. The Product Key has been Blocked

The Product Key has been Blocked: Dear Team Support Microsoft,I have a problem with entering the original product key Windows 7 Profesional, I get a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Profesional system and, when I enter the original product key I get "The product key you...
  8. I don't know my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't know my product key: Hi, I'm planning on upgrading my PC and part of my upgrades includes getting a new motherboard. I heard that to get Windows 10 back after changing motherboards I need my Windows 10 product key but I don't have the packaging that the disc that I got Windows 10 from, came in....
  9. I don't know the window product key

I don't know the window product key: Good day. My windows 10 is about to expire and it keep asking for the product key but I don't know where to find it. My aunt purchased this second hand laptop and when I ask her about the product key she didn't know it also. Can you help me? What should I do to get the...
  10. How to find which product key has been used for my installed Windows?

How to find which product key has been used for my installed Windows?: Windows 10 x64 As I have multiple retail license keys, I am unsure which one is in use right now. There are 3rd party key finders that may show the key in use, but I prefer to obtain the key using Windows own tools, if possible. For instance using a CMD. (Am uncertain...