Windows 10: Don't put that folder over there!

Discus and support Don't put that folder over there! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't seem to bring up anything about this in a forum search, so maybe it doesn't bother others like it does me? When we left XP, we lost the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by atxchip, Jun 13, 2015.

1. atxchip Win User

Don't put that folder over there!

I can't seem to bring up anything about this in a forum search, so maybe it doesn't bother others like it does me?

When we left XP, we lost the ability to remember where a particular window was opened - it's size, position, etc. Drove me crazy in Win 7 until I found the 3rd party utility (I still can't bring myself to call these 'apps') "Windows Manager" or something like that. It helped greatly but interfered with other programs running sometimes and forgets some windows.

I can't see anyone talking about this (not "Windows Manager", but rather having the function built into the OS) in a 'net search for Windows 10 topics. When I have a bunch of windows open, I size and group them for ease of use, as I know others do. Next time I want to perform some of those functions, I'd sure like the windows and folders to open there again, not tiled all together across the screen.

Any sign of getting this basic (I thought) amenity showing up in the OS again?

:)

atxchip, Jun 13, 2015

2. Favorites web page that I did not put there .

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions?

• Have you tried different browser?
    • Do you see any error message?

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal
    startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 13, 2015
  3. gee53# Win User
    Favorites web page that I did not put there .

I just updated to windows 10 and just imported my favorites and found one that I did not put there well I tried to delete it with the right click of my mouse several times and it will not delete.

gee53#, Jun 13, 2015
Thema:

Don't put that folder over there!

1. Don't put that folder over there! - Similar Threads - Don't put folder

2. putting a dot over a letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    putting a dot over a letter: Sir How to insert a dot over a letter, say V, in a word document. Some one suggested to go to "find" in a word, but I failed to find it. Control+F is taking to navigation. Please teach me as a teacher to a novice. I dont understand hifi technical words. Please walk me...
  3. putting a dot over a letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    putting a dot over a letter: Sir How to insert a dot over a letter, say V, in a word document. Some one suggested to go to "find" in a word, but I failed to find it. Control+F is taking to navigation. Please teach me as a teacher to a novice. I dont understand hifi technical words. Please walk me...
  4. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  5. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  6. Music folder changes don't carry over to external backup drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Music folder changes don't carry over to external backup drive: I'm showing an example of one folder from my music collection to demonstrate the problem that I've having. On my main hard drive I've been changing the art for each album (folder) to show a single image of the album cover. I'm doing this by choosing a .jpg of the album cover...
  7. Why don't you put the location of the picture you put on Bing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why don't you put the location of the picture you put on Bing?: Why don't you put the location of the picture on the Bing picture each day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-you-put-the-location-of-the-picture-you/134456f3-3f9d-4796-a016-7a181e9d6c14
  8. OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again: Hello everyone! For some reason, for what I think has been half a year, I have noticed that OneDrive has been creating a Documents folder in it's directory nearly every day. I delete it but it always reappears. Also, I should mention that I do not have a folder backup for my...
  9. What folders to put on RAMDisk?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What folders to put on RAMDisk?: Hi. I've recently upgraded to 32GB RAM, created 20GB RAMDisk with ASUS ROG RAMDisk software and I'm in need of help to verify & decide which folders should be added to this for overall better performance. For now, I've synchronized whole installation folder of my Photoshop...
  10. Recover over-written folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover over-written folder: I have an external hard-drive, I was copying folder from my window D: drive named Office to my External Hard-Drive, I did not know it had my office backup folder there and window did not even prompted before over-writing old folder with the same name on destination drive. I...