Windows 10: don't use Outlook for mail or any of its features

Discus and support don't use Outlook for mail or any of its features in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Upgraded to Win 10 and am trying to change settings don't use Outlook and don't want it - how to change default mail program; it has my address book,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jalea148, Mar 21, 2016.

1. jalea148 Win User

don't use Outlook for mail or any of its features

Upgraded to Win 10 and am trying to change settings
    don't use Outlook and don't want it - how to change default mail program; it has my address book, contacts, calendar, etc

:)

jalea148, Mar 21, 2016
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Can't access Start Menu or any of it's features (Settings)

Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

• From the desktop press the Windows flag key +R to gather and type netplwiz and click ok.
    • This will open user account windows.
    • Click add and then select sign in with out Microsoft account.
    • Type name and password and create a new local account.
    Now try to sign in to local account and check if the start menu works, if it works, delete the old account and convert the local account to Microsoft account.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Can't access Start Menu or any of it's features (Settings)

I downloaded Windows 10 last night, and nothing regarding explorer.exe is working correctly. I have tried restarting it several times to no avail.

I cannot open the start menu, but ON OCCASION I can right click it to access "run". I can also do this from the task manager when I can catch it not hanging.

I can access items on my desktop and run them fine, but when I try to right click anything, windows ends up hanging again.

I can't access settings or Update and Security to revert back to Windows 7, because I cannot access any of the settings or start menu features. I have tried many workarounds, but to no avail. I also can't access windows update to try and fix these problems.

Thank you in advance!

SeanGoossens, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

don't use Outlook for mail or any of its features

1. don't use Outlook for mail or any of its features - Similar Threads - don't Outlook mail

2. Mail app opens Outlook but its still 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app opens Outlook but its still 2023: Hi I'm aware that there is a migration from the default Mail app to Outlook upcoming, however everything I can find online about it states that this isn't happening until 2024. Today I went to open the default Mail app which I prefer 100000x over Outlook but user feedback...
  3. Mail app opens Outlook but its still 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app opens Outlook but its still 2023: Hi I'm aware that there is a migration from the default Mail app to Outlook upcoming, however everything I can find online about it states that this isn't happening until 2024. Today I went to open the default Mail app which I prefer 100000x over Outlook but user feedback...
  4. Outlook mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail: I tried to change my password on Outlook. They only give me an option as "text" with my last two numbers as my home phone no. I do not have text. When I put the last four digits in for my phone no. where it says text I don't get a verification code. I don't have text...
  5. Outlook and Mail

Outlook and Mail: I wanted to learn about the differences between Microsoft Outlook and the built-in mail app for Windows. I prefer the look and feel of the built-in mail app, but I really appreciate the fact that Outlook contains both the mail and calendar applications. Is there a way to make...
  6. How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail: Microsoft 10's mail program is poor and I would like to go back to Google Mail or Outlook, but have been unable to change the default. Microsoft contacts does not allow sorting contacts in categories and it doesn't provide for quick selection of multiple email addresses for...
  7. outlook mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook mail: I can no longer open links in email that i have recieved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail/29ee560a-019a-4a59-9525-ce2495827b7a
  8. Outlook Mail

Outlook Mail: WHY DO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FOR ME AS A CONTACT POP UP IE, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i CANNOT REMOVE THE OLD ALIUS OR ANYONE ELSE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-mail/af05a55e-f3fd-44cd-8354-f8efee789ce0
  9. Outlook Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail: I use msn.com as my homepage and the outlook that comes with it Today when I opened the email my screen separated into two exact separate parts. What happened ?????????????????? 91231
  10. New Calendar, Mail, and mobile Outlook features

in Windows 10 News
    New Calendar, Mail, and mobile Outlook features: wow, cheers Brink - looks like fun.. *Thumbs