Windows 10: DOS2UNIX Problem - Operation not permitted when using dos2unix to file

Discus and support DOS2UNIX Problem - Operation not permitted when using dos2unix to file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Excuse me, I'm a fellow newbie here wanting to resolve this issue because it is tiring only to resolve this issue by restarting the bash.exe. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by edisonrae, Dec 3, 2016.

1. edisonrae Win User

DOS2UNIX Problem - Operation not permitted when using dos2unix to file

Excuse me, I'm a fellow newbie here wanting to resolve this issue because it is tiring only to resolve this issue by restarting the bash.exe. I just want no errors to be seen when doing my project. Thank you!

:)

edisonrae, Dec 3, 2016
  2. prolixium Win User

E72 and Flickr

I've got the .cfg file on the phone after extracting with rar(1) on Linux and transferring via obexfs. I can see the XML content, so I know it's not a "corrupt" file. I even tried using dos2unix & unix2dos to convert it to DOS and Unix newlines in case
    the phone was being finicky about that, but I still get the same "File appears to be corrupted" error either way when opening the file in the file manager.

- Mark

prolixium, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    operation not permitted on isolated storage file stream

Hello,

Are you able to play the audio file now? If not, can you tell us the following information:

• Where did the audio file come from? Did you download it or recorded it?
    • What is the file format of the audio file?
    • Which app are you using to play the audio file?
    • Does performing a soft reset made any difference?

Regards.

Arnie Est, Dec 3, 2016
  4. DOS2UNIX Problem - Operation not permitted when using dos2unix to file

My Cygwin does not have dos2unix (nor d2u). It was present in older versions of Cygwin years ago, but no more. *Sad

I had to get mine (d2u) from a third-party source. (The reverse u2d is also available.)

To your problem ... I wonder whether your dos2unix is defective. There are some bad ones out there in the wild.

Also, its "operation not permitted" error messageis a bit cryptic.
    Does it mean that you don't have read (or write) permission on the file? Check and see.

margrave55, Dec 3, 2016
  5. edisonrae Win User
    I tried to make the file and directories a 777 permission base but it doesn't work.... Thanks for the reply. *Smile

edisonrae, Dec 4, 2016
  6. Golden Win User
    How about trying chmod +rw

What text editor are using? Some will save as Unix format. E.g. UltraEdit.

Golden, Dec 4, 2016
  7. Cygwin chmod is not quite the same as Windows iacls.
    In particular, a file can have a DENY acl ... which chmod cannot deal with.
    So use Windows explorer. Go to file properties, select the Security tab, and click Advanced.

Check to see that you are the owner. If not, click the Change link, take ownership, and click OK. Back on the Advanced panel, click OK.
    When you change ownership, you have to exit from properties, and go back in before the next step.

Next step ... on Security / Advanced panel ... If there are any DENY acls, remove them. Then add yourself in as a acl with full control. (Or, if your account is already there, change it to full control.) Then OK OK to exit.

margrave55, Dec 4, 2016
  8. edisonrae Win User

@Golden I'm using atom as text editor and i always apply the command dos2unix in order to apply unix format. Sorry for the misunderstanding but both chmod 777 and chmod +rw worked but error still appeared while editing the file. BTW,
    @margrave55 i set to full control both to users. so far so good, no error has occurred yet. will update you tomorrow if there will be errors. sorry got no time this weekdays due to many workloads but i'll try

edisonrae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DOS2UNIX Problem - Operation not permitted when using dos2unix to file - Similar Threads - DOS2UNIX Problem Operation

2. Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.: When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall...
  3. Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erorr using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.: When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall...
  4. Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.: When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall...
  5. Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.

Erorrs with permissions using NPM package manager: EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir.: When using the NPM package manager, I encountered the "EPERM: operation not permitted, rmdir" error. This error occurs in different scenarios when using NPM, such as when it needs to delete temporary files.Scenario 1: Installing/Uninstalling NPM packages.```bashnpm uninstall...
  6. What characters are not permitted in a file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What characters are not permitted in a file name: I accidentally saved a file that contained an = in the file name. I was surprised that File Explorer didn't reject it. I then tried the characters ! and ? ! was OK, ? was rejected. I'd like to know if there are other permitted characters. What is the rationale for what is...
  7. What characters are not permitted in a file name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What characters are not permitted in a file name: I accidentally saved a file that contained an = in the file name. I was surprised that File Explorer didn't reject it. I then tried the characters ! and ? ! was OK, ? was rejected. I'd like to know if there are other permitted characters. What is the rationale for what is...
  8. Problem when installing operating systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when installing operating systems: Split from this thread.hey there bill i have an issue that you might be able to help with if you will please? Issue: HP pavilion P71003W pre installed windows 7 home pre OA/ the device sat in my parents building for years so its very out dated i gathered it all up and decided...
  9. Problem when installing operating systems

Problem when installing operating systems: Split from this thread.hey there bill i have an issue that you might be able to help with if you will please? Issue: HP pavilion P71003W pre installed windows 7 home pre OA/ the device sat in my parents building for years so its very out dated i gathered it all up and decided...
  10. When will Windows be a useful operating system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When will Windows be a useful operating system?: If you can't even delete a file without hanging up the system, can you really say it's an operating system? Nope. What a pile of garbage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-windows-be-a-useful-operating-system/9ec0edb8-6db7-4c61-8c83-2a6fc2bf69cf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl dos2unix operation not permitted

2. dos2unix operation not permitted