Windows 10: Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update

Discus and support Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new here. Desperate to make a thread regarding this issue. Yesterday (15 November 2017), I installed an update 2017-11 Update for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thox88, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Thox88 Win User

Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update

Hi, I'm new here. Desperate to make a thread regarding this issue.
    Yesterday (15 November 2017), I installed an update
    2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)
    2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048954)

And bunch of other Microsoft Office update. But I think one of these update is the main culprit of my problem.
    Today, my dot matrix printer Epson LX-310 can't print any work document. Switching to other non dot-matrix printer will print without any problem. Tried with POS printer and inkjet printer.
    I tried with my other work computer which got updated too, and this problem persists. First I think my LX-310 is faulty, but after testing with my Epson LX-300, same problem happened. When I tried with a laptop runs Win10 that didn't upgraded yet, it prints without any problem.
    The document will sit in queue, and then dissappear, indicating that it has finished printing. But printer doesn't move. Connection using USB. My PC didn't have print port.
    Anyone experienced this problem? Is there any workaround, since these updates can't be uninstalled.
    This problem is ruining my work since I can't print any invoice.

Thank you.
    Edit for additional note: Drivers already up to date. No problem in driver.

:)

Thox88, Nov 15, 2017

2. Epson printer not working after November update in Windows 10

Original Title: After Nov. update, how do I get my printer to work..

My epson LQ570 worked before the update. I bought new Epson LQ590 dot-matrix printer. Epson says no driver available for either. Any ideas ?

Kevin Martindale, Nov 15, 2017
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 15, 2017
  4. saintneo Win User

Hello , same problem here, i have 40 computers in my firm with dot matrix , my costumers are upset i can`t print invoices to them,this is outrageous..............

saintneo, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Thox88 Win User
    Yeah, and internet is not making any buzz yet about this problem. Never experienced problem with Windows Update, and this bug is so annoying.
    The last bug I encountered is USB error when open xls file, but it got fixed in the latest update. I wonder how long this problem gonna last, since I can't do my work. My data is in the upgraded PC and I can't print any invoice yet.

Thox88, Nov 15, 2017
  6. hi guys,,

im also facing the same problem...i restored my systems to previous date...any other solutions ??????please replay

rajeshxman, Nov 15, 2017
  7. Thox88 Win User
    You are lucky you have Restore Point. I never made a restore point.
    No one expects they screwed up a simple printing execution in USB port.

Thox88, Nov 15, 2017
  8. dadaniel Win User

I have the same problem, the only workaround I found is using "net use LPT2 \\pc\printer" and install printer and point it to LPT2 on another PC without the update.

dadaniel, Nov 15, 2017
  9. Hi there

I can confirm my Dot Matrix printers are broken. LQ310, LX300, LQ2180 and LQ2190 are all unresponsive.

trashcanbin10, Nov 15, 2017
  10. Shaddarc Win User
    I also had the same problem this morning, and now it works after I delete Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4048953), I hope, maybe, it can help any people who face the same problem...*Smile

Shaddarc, Nov 15, 2017
  11. magonia Win User
    The cause is kb4048954, uninstall this and printing will wotk again.
    In windows 8.1 the update is kb4048958.

magonia, Nov 15, 2017
  12. Uninstall or system restore. I can't find it on some of the systems.

trashcanbin10, Nov 15, 2017
  13. dadaniel Win User

These updates have other numbers in every Windows version, but begin with "2017-11". You can only uninstall them if computer protection aka system restore is turned on!

dadaniel, Nov 15, 2017
  14. Thox88 Win User
    Thank you for quick response. Already tried and it works. For the moment, we should ignore this update.
    To uninstall, go to Windows Update > Update History > Uninstall Updates > and you should find this update in the bottom section. Click it and Uninstall option will appear in Status bar.

Thox88, Nov 15, 2017
  15. magonia Win User
    For Windows 10 64 bit is KB4048958.
    For Windows 8.1 64 bit is KB4048954.
    For other Windows versions are other KB's, but all are 2017-11 Security Monthly Quality Rollup .

magonia, Nov 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update - Similar Threads - Dot Matrix Printer

2. Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer: How do I get this kind of printer to work with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citizen-gsx-190ii-9-wire-dot-matrix-printer/06751f3c-45ef-49dd-b61a-f4c2ae848001
  3. Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer: How do I get this kind of printer to work with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citizen-gsx-190ii-9-wire-dot-matrix-printer/06751f3c-45ef-49dd-b61a-f4c2ae848001
  4. Citizen GSX-190II 9-Wire Dot Matrix Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...: Hi,after a windows update earlier this year, sharing an Oki 320 printer forces a "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" to be used on any pc that accesses that share. This driver causes the printing to be either too light to read or too dark if we change the DPI in the...
  6. "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...

"microsoft enhanced point and print driver" with Okidata Dot Matrix printer share, prints...: Hi,after a windows update earlier this year, sharing an Oki 320 printer forces a "microsoft enhanced point and print driver" to be used on any pc that accesses that share. This driver causes the printing to be either too light to read or too dark if we change the DPI in the...
  7. Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs

Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs: Hello,I have an office of 15 recently purchased Dell PCs on fully updated Windows 10 Pro that are suddenly, as of the last month or two, unable to print complete print jobs on Panasonic KX-P3626 dot matrix printers. The printers print ~95% of the job then suddenly stop and...
  8. Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer printing issue on Canada Quickbook after upgraded to windows 10

Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer printing issue on Canada Quickbook after upgraded to windows 10: Hi My client running Canada Intuit Quickbook 2014 Premier version to print their invoice using Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer without any problem on Windows 7 Professional. Upon upgrading to brand new system using Windows 10 Professional, the old Quickbook having...
  9. printer stopped working after Windows update

printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  10. USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer

USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer: I need to get a USB Dot Matrix Impact Printer. I use Windows 10 and Quickbooks Enterprise. Can you recommend what Printer I can get that would work with what I have....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USUAL LQ310 PRINTER PROBLEM