Windows 10: Dota 2

Discus and support Dota 2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is anyone else here having any issues running Dota 2 and getting reduced performance in comparison to Windows 8.1? I'm getting extremely low fps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LovingWindows, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Dota 2

Is anyone else here having any issues running Dota 2 and getting reduced performance in comparison to Windows 8.1?

I'm getting extremely low fps often to the point of it being a slide show, where I was getting a stable 40 fps in Windows 8.1.

Have tried both graphics drivers given to me by Windows update and reinstalling from AMD website as well.

:)

LovingWindows, Jul 31, 2015

2. Dota 2

Thank you for your reply but still black screen :/ I've download another steam game and it works fine

Joseph Brent Picos, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Dota 2

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re facing issue were you see black screen when playing this game I will make sure to help you with this issue.

As a workaround, try to run the game in Windows Compatibility mode.

Uninstall and reinstall the Game in compatibility mode:

a) Download the Game

b) Right-click on the Game setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down.

d) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows also work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If a program written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't work correctly, you can try changing
    the compatibility settings for the program, either by using the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter or manually choosing compatibility settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Kimbaroth Win User

Dota 2

I'm on the same train, on Win 7/8/8.1, I get 60+ FPS's, and on 10 i get like 30-40ish and a lot of stutters.

I already updated my drivers twice and still nothing.

AGH... D=

Kimbaroth, Jul 31, 2015
  5. I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with the version of Source 1 that Dota 2 is using. Dota 2 Reborn is using Source 2 and I don't experience the low fps and constant stuttering as I would on original Dota 2.

As for Source games go, original Dota 2 is the only Source game where I have this issue. Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod and Left 4 Dead 2 all work amazingly well.

LovingWindows, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Kimbaroth Win User
    I haven't tried DotA 2 reborn on this Win10 installation, I'll check it when I get home tonight.

Kimbaroth, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Correction to my previous post, Garry's Mod does suffer from really bad stuttering as well with 40-50 fps.

LovingWindows, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dota 2

1. Dota 2 - Similar Threads - Dota

2. My Dota 2 game won't even start every time I log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dota 2 game won't even start every time I log in: I am using window 10 pro.. for the past years I have been ok with Dota 2 on stream.Nothing much happening. A while ago I log in Dota 2 as usual to go some round but the moment the game start, the screen black out and immediately auto quit itself.I redownload the steam and...
  3. My Dota 2 game won't even start every time I log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dota 2 game won't even start every time I log in: I am using window 10 pro.. for the past years I have been ok with Dota 2 on stream.Nothing much happening. A while ago I log in Dota 2 as usual to go some round but the moment the game start, the screen black out and immediately auto quit itself.I redownload the steam and...
  4. Dota 2 keeps crashing when playing with friends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 keeps crashing when playing with friends: Hello there! Can somebody help me with my issue, everything was running fine until one day couple of months ago Dota 2 stops responding and keeps crashing randomly when I play with my friends. I tried everything, from format to updating everything, underclocking my CPU - RAM...
  5. Dota 2 keeps crashing when playing with friends

Dota 2 keeps crashing when playing with friends: Hello there! Can somebody help me with my issue, everything was running fine until one day couple of months ago Dota 2 stops responding and keeps crashing randomly when I play with my friends. I tried everything, from format to updating everything, underclocking my CPU - RAM...
  6. livekernelevent141. Dota 2 crashing while playing. No error message appears. Any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    livekernelevent141. Dota 2 crashing while playing. No error message appears. Any help?: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9b87f56ac010Parameter 2: fffff800464c2f64Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 32ccOS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack:...
  7. livekernelevent141. Dota 2 crashing while playing. No error message appears. Any help?

livekernelevent141. Dota 2 crashing while playing. No error message appears. Any help?: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9b87f56ac010Parameter 2: fffff800464c2f64Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 32ccOS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack:...
  8. When using Chinese input method in Dota 2, the candidate bar for displaying text is not shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Chinese input method in Dota 2, the candidate bar for displaying text is not shown: When using Chinese input method in Dota 2, the candidate bar for displaying text is not shown.I once submitted feedback and attempted to collect logs based on the response, but the logs reached 4GB in size and couldn't be sent.I have always been using the Chinese environment...
  9. When using Chinese input method in Dota 2, the candidate bar for displaying text is not shown

When using Chinese input method in Dota 2, the candidate bar for displaying text is not shown: When using Chinese input method in Dota 2, the candidate bar for displaying text is not shown.I once submitted feedback and attempted to collect logs based on the response, but the logs reached 4GB in size and couldn't be sent.I have always been using the Chinese environment...
  10. Dota 2 freezes and alt tabs back in when looking at different screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 freezes and alt tabs back in when looking at different screen: Hopefully someone will be able to help. As mentioned above, Dota 2 freezes a few minutes into launching and when looking at EventViewer, I get the following error message:Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Kepler_3D, type 0Event Name: LiveKernelEventResponse: Not...