Windows 10: double Canon printer trouble

Discus and support double Canon printer trouble in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of my pc's runs W7ult64, W10pro64 upgrade and W10pro64 build10532. It is connected to a Canon MG5550 all in one printer. W7 is running printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tinmar49, Sep 5, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

double Canon printer trouble

One of my pc's runs W7ult64, W10pro64 upgrade and W10pro64 build10532. It is connected to a Canon MG5550 all in one printer. W7 is running printer drivers loaded from the cd and up till now, I havn't bothered to try printing from either W10. Neither W10 detects the printer, except for both device managers which not only identify the printer, but say it is working correctly. I went on to the Canon web site and a suitable driver is available. I have downloaded the drivers to both copies of W10 with the same results. The download disappears and when I try to open downloads the pc slows to a crawl with "working on it". up till now I have had very little in the way of problems.

:)

tinmar49, Sep 5, 2015
  2. pakQA Win User

Windows 10 - Virtual Printers Suddenly Not Connected

After recently installing a new physical wifi printer Canon MX497, my other virtual printers (Microsoft Print to PDF, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, Send to OneNote) all became "Not Connected" in Devices and Printers. I tried uninstalling the Canon printer
    driver and reinstalling the Canon printer driver but there was no impact to the status of the other printers. They remained grey and when double-clicked gave me the "Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709" error. I am not sure how to fix this problem.
    Suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

pakQA, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Dell computers does not recognise Windows 10

Hi Auggy,

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

I have Canon printer/scanner Pixma Series MG3100.

Thank you.

Kev

KevinSimmons_760, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Have you tried saving the downloaded driver to a different folder? E.g. try your desktop.

The slowness in the downloads folder can be caused by other files in that folder, e.g. by big zip files, which again contain a huge number of files and folders each and an antivirus, which wants to scan all of them first. If exactly this is your problem is just a guess; I would think that this issue goes away, if you empty the downloads folder completely.

Joergi, Sep 6, 2015
  5. hawkman Win User
    I tend to send all my driver downloads to desktop , with both Firefox/chrome

Then go ControlPanel>deviceManger>Printer>updatedriver>LET me chose>browse my computer>desktop.canon.

Roy .

hawkman, Sep 6, 2015
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    I left the "working on it" running with the green strip creeping across and did something else, after an hour it was still running and sometime during the next hour it had finished. Opening up file explorer or my pc normally takes a fraction of a second. However, after that interlude, build 10532 seems to have recovered and the downloaded Canon files were visible and have been installed. I have yet to check out the W10 upgrade.

tinmar49, Sep 6, 2015
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    The upgrade is back to normal now with the printer drivers running, perhaps I should mark this as "solved itself".

tinmar49, Sep 6, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

Maybe you should then just leave it as is... Never change a winning team and Never touch a running system, you know... ;-)

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. double Canon printer trouble - Similar Threads - double Canon printer

2. Trouble with Canon G3260 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Canon G3260 printer: I have a new Canon G3260 color printer. Used CD that came with printer to set up to access wirelessly to my computer . Set it as the default printer control panel shows as Canon 3060 series but have not been able to print a single page only Windows set-up page. Running...
  3. Trouble with Canon G3260 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Canon G3260 printer: I have a new Canon G3260 color printer. Used CD that came with printer to set up to access wirelessly to my computer . Set it as the default printer control panel shows as Canon 3060 series but have not been able to print a single page only Windows set-up page. Running...
  4. Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Printer: How do I set up a Canon MG2550S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/4eac22e8-ef8c-4ab0-91d0-290d315e19de
  5. canon printer

canon printer: Windows version 1809 was installed Friday, 2/22. Now my canon mx922 printer says it cannot print an PDF file. Has anyone had a similar problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/688da5a7-059b-401b-8369-19cdc5844264
  6. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Where do I find help with the printer spooler? My printer says needs attention. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-printer/3c8a16cf-7a53-44fb-94cf-d93123f76715
  7. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Can't get my printer online. Have to use usb to function correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/canon-printer/002b1a70-abb1-49c0-8dd9-513fa201c0b1
  8. canon MG6800 troubles

canon MG6800 troubles: Recently odd things have occured like printing blank instead of what should be, and the touch screen tells me there is no paper, when there is at a rapidly increasing rate. I did a few months back manage to crash the machine from about 4ft to the floor, but apart from the...
  9. canon MG6800 troubles

canon MG6800 troubles: Recently odd things have occured like printing blank instead of what should be, and the touch screen tells me there is no paper, when there is at a rapidly increasing rate. I did a few months back manage to crash the machine from about 4ft to the floor, but apart from the...
  10. double trouble

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    double trouble: I actually loved vista and when 8 and 8.1 came out I liked them too...now windows 10....I'm not so sure..Im not a techy..so to me I have to take hours to figure things out..searching and searching. immediate problem was..I noticed my Norton antivirus wasn't showing up on my...