Windows 10: Double click folder opens new folder

Discus and support Double click folder opens new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ganon, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ganon Win User

Double click folder opens new folder

I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and cioy from ssd to secondary hdd, the hdd folder instantly closes. This siddenly happened yesterday and I didnt change any options in the folder options.

I made a bat file and did what it said here but didnt work http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-2d8b20063b3f

Please help as I dont want reinstall everything, worst case go back to Win 7

Thanks

:)

ganon, Oct 1, 2015

2. Triple click opens folder instead of double click

Hi,

Before anything else, try to boot your computer to safe mode and see if the problem persists. To
    start your computer in safe mode, click
    here.

If the problem persists even in safe mode, verify is the touchpad is enabled:

• Click on Start, choose Settings.
    • Go to Devices, and click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click on the
      ELAN
      /Device Settings tab.
    • Under Devices, verify if the touchpad is not disabled. If it is, select the touchpad and then click
      Enable.

If the touchpad is enabled, we suggest updating the device driver for the mouse.

To update a device in Device Manager:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager window, go to Mice and other pointing devices and look for your touchpad.
    • Right-click on the touchpad and click Update Driver Software...
    • The computer will automatically check the internet for an updated driver. If not, you may have to look for an updated driver from the computer manufacturer's website.
    • After you have updated the driver, restart the computer and see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Oct 1, 2015
  3. MitiModi Win User
    Triple click opens folder instead of double click

I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 3542) and now suddenly my touchpad is not working fine. I tried installing all types of drivers but nothing worked. Also, I have to triple click every time to open any folder on desktop. I tried
    truning off the "Tablet PC Components" but that too did not work.

MitiModi, Oct 1, 2015
  4. ganon Win User

SFC scan didn't fix it

ganon, Oct 1, 2015
  5. Did you find a fix for this?

Ireliavent, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Double click folder opens new folder - Similar Threads - Double click folder

2. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  3. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  4. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  6. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  7. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  9. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  10. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...