Windows 10: Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar

Discus and support Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10240 and I have the latest iTunes 12.2.1 installed. I have it pinned to my taskbar but when I open it it creates a second icon for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ByMinotti, Jul 19, 2015.

1. ByMinotti Win User

Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar

I am using Windows 10240 and I have the latest iTunes 12.2.1 installed. I have it pinned to my taskbar but when I open it it creates a second icon for iTunes on the taskbar. I have tried unpinning and repinning both icons several times but that doesn't help. It always creates a second icon when it opens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

ByMinotti, Jul 19, 2015

2. windows 10 & itunes

this is what happens to me when I download iTunes 12.2.1
    Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar [​IMG]

mrainsforth, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Can't install itunes in windows 10

Success!

Uninstalled old version of iTunes - wasn't necessary

Reinstalled iTunes version from video linked above (12.2.1 or something)

Uninstalled Bonjour.

Tried to uninstall Apple Updater but got an error, strangely similar to the one I got when trying to install the latest version of iTunes.

Ran the Modify Install option and Repair for Apple Updater

Uninstalled Apple Updater

Installed the newest version of iTunes, 12.5.3.17

Thanks for all the suggestions

BrentBoylan, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar

I too have this problem since the update to 12.2. Both Windows 10 and iTunes have had updates since this started and none of the updates corrected this problem. I've tried really everything possible and it just continues to happen *Mad

framboesa96, Jul 19, 2015
  5. cryofry Win User
    I'm in the same boat. I've tried everything. It's such a minor thing but it is really annoying.

cryofry, Jul 20, 2015
  6. deepen915 Win User
    same! It was fine on 12.2.. I got some 12.2.1 update just now and it's so annoying!

deepen915, Jul 21, 2015
  7. And there is an update for iTunes which solves the double icon problem *Smile

Yeah!

Greetz,

Rover

Der Snoober, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar

1. Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Double Icons iTunes

2. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  3. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  4. Icon on taskbar become double

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon on taskbar become double: I have pinned the Google Chrome icon on taskbar. But after I click to open the Chrome, the icon become double and open new the chrome in the new icon. How to stop the icon from becoming double?I have attached the images. Please, have a look at it....
  5. 1 Less Icon on Your Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 Less Icon on Your Taskbar: Tip #762: Instead of placing a This PC icon on the taskbar change File Explorer to opening it instead of Quick Access. Hit Win, type Folde > File Explorer Options, hit it & change "Open File Explorer to" from Quick Access to This PC, hit OK. Now, when hitting File Explorer...
  6. Invisible iTunes icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invisible iTunes icon on taskbar: [ATTACH] So I've had this invisible icon on my taskbar that I can't get rid of for around half a year. It doesn't really bother me but I thought I'd ask here anyway. I can't open it or hover over it and highlight it, but I can move it around and right-click it. When I do...
  7. 1 computer, 2 screen and double audio source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 computer, 2 screen and double audio source: Hi... So, here what I want to do: I have a PC connected with 2 monitors. I want to play 2 differents videos on which monitor and I want the sound to be reproduced on differents sources. I have a on-board audio from the motherboard and I also have a speaker on one of my...
  8. Itunes icon

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Itunes icon: New laptop with windows 10. Downloaded iTunes. How do I get icon onto desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-icon/81178323-f9d4-46d2-9e6d-3bef4383fe26"
  9. Double iTunes Icon when pinned

Double iTunes Icon when pinned: I know how to get around the double iTunes icon in Windows 8, unfortunately that doesn't seem to work on Windows 10, has anyone found another way? 10289
  10. iTunes double icon problem solved with iTunes 12.3

iTunes double icon problem solved with iTunes 12.3: Hi there, Just wanted to let you all know that the annoying problem with the double iTunes icons, when pinned down to the taskbar, finally is solved *Smile Just unpin the icon, update iTunes to version 12.3 (today released) and repin the icon to the taskbar. Greetz,...